Old 01-28-2004, 18:49   #1
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Overseas Gear

I know this is probably unique to 7th Group ...

Any of you familiar with "Comando De Selva" gear? If so, how has it worked out for you. I have seen entire teams with all kinds of gear made by this company (otherwise known as CDS). The gear seems to hold together well. Word has it that you can take any photo, or drawing, of some gear you might want and it is custom made for you at a fraction of the cost it of what one would pay in CONUS. Of course, you'd have to be doing something like a JPAT in Bogota (allows you to visit the store).

Any other group guys get gear from their AOR? How does it perform for you?
Old 01-28-2004, 18:58   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

C/3/7 got a bunch of gear sewn up in Ecuador a few years back.

Looked okay, but I suspect that the materials were a bit weak.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 00:03   #3
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

CDS is great stuff for the price. We use them for our assault packs and guitar cases. My main complaints with them are the less than milspec buckles they use and the strapping they use for anything molle compatable. Im going to have them make me an AIRSAVE type vest, but with parachute harness buckles and such since I think the issue ones buckles are very cheesey and wouldnt trust it for an extraction.
Old 02-03-2004, 18:47   #4
desafiamos
Quiet Professional

I have been using Diego at CDS for several years now. He does good work and is reliable if you are not in a hurry. Now he is so popular that all the orders take a little time. The gear he has made for me has held up fairly well ( mini rucks, gear bags, assault vests, holsters etc.) But as Psywar points out there are some hardware flaws. Also, only use them if you are in country or if you have someone in country that can check the order for you especially if it is a special order or a large order.
So many operators have had different things made there that he really has a pretty good "catalog" so he has made or can make just about anything you need. Good luck .
Old 02-07-2004, 09:47   #5
QuietShootr

I have a CDS 3-day pack (thanks, Psywar!), the buckles are a little 'different'. The nylon itself is nice, he just needs to buy some Fastex or US made hardware. Other than that, I love the thing, it's my go bag in my car.