Old 02-27-2013, 16:35   #931
Livewire
Asset

Hi, I am active duty Army currently assigned to 75th RGR STB. I joined the military in 2007 made my way over to Regiment in 2008 have been here ever since. I recently decided it was time for a change put in my request to leave and now im heading to 1st group to in a support role.
Livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 16:57   #932
DarkFungus
Asset

Hello everyone. My name is Nate.

I've been in the NG for a few years now. Being an Infantryman in the NG just wasn't cutting it for me personally. I saw an opportunity to go 18x, given that I was looking into active duty, and went for it. My conditional release has been approved, and I have a ship date.

All I have left to say is I'm grateful this site has been provided by members of the SF community, and I've already delved into the the wide array of wisdom it holds. I probably won't post much, but let my gratitude for America's fighting men be known.

Thanks again!
DarkFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 18:44   #933
K.Oleary
Asset

Introduction

Hello my names Keelan Oleary, based out of Wichita Ks. I am a prospective 18x cantidate awaiting my shipout date of May 28th.
K.Oleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25   #934
Audacus
SF Candidate

Introduction

Howdy All,

I'm Rey, I graduate in may from Texas A&M, I've been in ROTC for 4 years and I am pursuing an 18x contract.

Thank you guys for the hard work in maintaining this site, because it really has been a tangible resource. It's taken me a whole year to decide to make an account after looking at y'alls threads and getting my questions answered by the people who have walked the path before me(most of the time incorrectly so).
Audacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 18:54   #935
Running Man 541
Asset

Introduction

Came across the site while reading about SF posers.

I am a former 18D was stationed in Okinawa on ODA-124 and 113 1994-97. Before that I was an 11B at 1/75 Ranger Rgt. and then 124th MI (LRSD) 24th ID. 1988-1992.

Good to be among like minded folks.
Running Man 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:52   #936
baran
Asset

Introduction

Hi,
I am a 25 year old social studies teacher and I have been interested in SF for a few months. I have used this site and got a lot out of it. I told my recruiter yesterday that I wanted to join 18x, and he informed me that the option is closed. I was kind of bummed, and he told me I need to join with opt 40 for RASP and then I should get my ranger tab and then apply for SFAS. Should I wait for a while and see if 18x opens up, or should I go the path my recruiter recommended? Thanks for any help.

BA
baran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:32   #937
Dreamer
Asset

Seeing how people under 17 are discouraged to post, I plan on taking that advice and sticking to reading. I might as well make this introduction thoughtful though.

I am currently a Sophomore enrolled in a New england high school. I have a fulfilling social life and recreationally train in both Boxing and Jiu-Jitsu. While planning and prepping for SF aren’t my only pastimes, I feel it’s best for me to add some into my schedule so I have a better chance of competing against the standards.

When I read how some of the Quiet Professionals on here have had Special forces call to them, it really hits home with me. Since first grade, I’ve always wanted to serve in the Military, whenever we had to do a essay about what we wanted to do when we grew up, that’s what I would write about. I’ve been so blessed to be born into a family that’s done well for themselves financially. On the flipside of that, I’ve had everything in life handed to me, and that’s not the life I want to live. I’m sick of entitlement, no longer do I want to just receive, I want to sacrifice, earn, and give back to the country that has given me so much. My way is not the only way, others may want to not sacrifice, and I respect and understand their choice. I would be willing to sacrifice my life for them to have the freedom to follow their dreams. I want to endure for those who cannot and those who will not endure.

My only fear is not making the cut. I understand it is about the team, and not the individual, so I fear breaking at the worst possible time and letting those to my left and right down. I am by no means a special snowflake, I’m not the biggest guy, strongest, smartest, nor the toughest. However I’d be damned, and would never sleep right, if I did not pour all of my energy and heart into my goals and give it a shot.

In regards to mental preparedness, I've read “Message to Garcia”, “Art of war” (planning on re reading it later on in highschool, I dont have the intellectual capacity to grasp the concepts yet.) and “Warrior ethos”. I plan on getting “Get Selected!” and “Chosen Soldier”, after those two I’ll spend some more time lurking in the search box and see what else is recommended. I am hoping to find some suggestions and tips on how to mentally test myself before going in.

I realize I am still just a kid, I certainly have more than a handful of misconceptions, arrogance, and other flaws. However through my initiative and some criticisms from the QP’s I hope I can address all of it. I am very hopeful to be able to draw on some of the life experience of soldiers and older members.

My deepest thanks to all of you for your service.
Back to reading stickies.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:40   #938
Archbury
Asset

Hello,

I came across this site when conducting research on the author of Fading Photographs of My Mind's Own Album (Namvet newsletter n.99) for my wife's bachelor's degree project. I'm spaniard and professionally dedicated to public relations and as a part time musician (rock and roll days are gone).

Kind regards,
Archbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 17:43   #939
Don
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Seeing how people under 17 are discouraged to post, I plan on taking that advice and sticking to reading. I might as well make this introduction thoughtful though.

I am currently a Sophomore enrolled in a New england high school. I have a fulfilling social life and recreationally train in both Boxing and Jiu-Jitsu. While planning and prepping for SF aren’t my only pastimes, I feel it’s best for me to add some into my schedule so I have a better chance of competing against the standards.

When I read how some of the Quiet Professionals on here have had Special forces call to them, it really hits home with me. Since first grade, I’ve always wanted to serve in the Military, whenever we had to do a essay about what we wanted to do when we grew up, that’s what I would write about. I’ve been so blessed to be born into a family that’s done well for themselves financially. On the flipside of that, I’ve had everything in life handed to me, and that’s not the life I want to live. I’m sick of entitlement, no longer do I want to just receive, I want to sacrifice, earn, and give back to the country that has given me so much. My way is not the only way, others may want to not sacrifice, and I respect and understand their choice. I would be willing to sacrifice my life for them to have the freedom to follow their dreams. I want to endure for those who cannot and those who will not endure.

My only fear is not making the cut. I understand it is about the team, and not the individual, so I fear breaking at the worst possible time and letting those to my left and right down. I am by no means a special snowflake, I’m not the biggest guy, strongest, smartest, nor the toughest. However I’d be damned, and would never sleep right, if I did not pour all of my energy and heart into my goals and give it a shot.

In regards to mental preparedness, I've read “Message to Garcia”, “Art of war” (planning on re reading it later on in highschool, I dont have the intellectual capacity to grasp the concepts yet.) and “Warrior ethos”. I plan on getting “Get Selected!” and “Chosen Soldier”, after those two I’ll spend some more time lurking in the search box and see what else is recommended. I am hoping to find some suggestions and tips on how to mentally test myself before going in.

I realize I am still just a kid, I certainly have more than a handful of misconceptions, arrogance, and other flaws. However through my initiative and some criticisms from the QP’s I hope I can address all of it. I am very hopeful to be able to draw on some of the life experience of soldiers and older members.

My deepest thanks to all of you for your service.
Back to reading stickies.
Welcome...I suspect by your writing skills that you passed your drivers license test on the first go around.
Old 03-01-2013, 19:45   #940
Bronco
Asset

Introduction

Hello;

I am a 21 year old and have done PSYOP since I enlisted. Ever since I finished training at Ft. Bragg I wanted to do SF, and was able to have the pleasure of supporting an ODA on my deployment. My time with that team only solidified my wanting to do something greater.

Currently, I'm planning to see myself at SFAS within a year. It's been a goal for me since 2009, and I want to properly prepare myself as best I can, both physically and mentally.

Thanks again for what y'all do.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 00:14   #941
Sir Walter Mac
Asset

Thank You !

To the Green Beret, I would like to Thank each and every one of you who signed . It makes me proud to be an American and it gives me hope that this land of the brave will always be the home of the Free. I am greatful to have many Patriot friends,the ones I know and the ones I will never know. I have family and friends who have served this Country. I have never liked how our Brave Warriors have been treated in the past and I would like to change that. I propose that all vets and active duty be treated at any hospital or docter that they choose and uncle sam will pay for it. I would like to honor your service by punishing those who steal your honor. I know some might not like the word hero applied to them,but you are America's Heros and without our brave men this country is doomed. De Oppresso Liber
Sir Walter Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 13:04   #942
chuystewy
Asset

Introduction

Hello to you all,
Been a member here for a little bit now, and have been soaking up everything this site has to offer. I would sincerely like to that all the QPs who have taken the time to put their thoughts and experiences down for all of us to utilize. This is really a tremendous resource for information on many topics. I really look forward to discovering more knowledge from those who have been there and done that.

chuystewy
chuystewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 13:12   #943
mofo308
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,

I am 25 years old. I am currently recovering from a sports related injury and plan on going 18x in the near future. I would have introduced myself earlier; but since I utilize the search button, I've never had to post anything. Thank you for establishing this site, I've learned a-lot since joining.

Last edited by mofo308; 06-16-2018 at 18:26.
mofo308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 16:03   #944
Jwild05
Asset

Introduction

Hey everyone,

I spent my years after high school in the Navy working on the now defunct HVBSS teams, as well as conducting small unit security missions and firearms training. After leaving the military I received a BA and BS in criminal justice and law enforcement from a university in Minnesota.

Currently I am finishing up a Masters degree in terrorism and security at King's College London in the UK where I will be writing my dissertation on the use of special operations forces in the war on terror.

I am also in the process of looking for jobs and I'm considering returning to the military as an officer, most likely with Army as I can't imagine myself working on a ship. Thank you for allowing me to use this forum and I look forward to future conversations.
Jwild05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 16:09   #945
Don
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwild05 View Post
Hey everyone,

I spent my years after high school in the Navy working on the now defunct HVBSS teams, as well as conducting small unit security missions and firearms training. After leaving the military I received a BA and BS in criminal justice and law enforcement from a university in Minnesota.

Currently I am finishing up a Masters degree in terrorism and security at King's College London in the UK where I will be writing my dissertation on the use of special operations forces in the war on terror.

I am also in the process of looking for jobs and I'm considering returning to the military as an officer, most likely with Army as I can't imagine myself working on a ship. Thank you for allowing me to use this forum and I look forward to future conversations.
Many a great Terrorologist have graduated from there. Welcome.