Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-28-2018, 07:47   #76
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I bring to you, the AR15 Assault Bat with a large capacity magazine, bayonet lugs, and two handed grips.
You need one with Long Spikes, for those nice, deep, puncture wounds to the skull area.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 03-28-2018 at 07:49.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:36   #77
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
Would arming teachers, those willing to take the training, work, I don’t know. But to expect them to have the skill set of the QP’s here is mind boggling. Does this mean they shouldn’t be armed, I can’t say, I’m one of the sheep.
See, this is an important aspect that I believe is completely misunderstood by some who oppose allowing teachers to be armed on school grounds. I can't speak for the whole group of folks calling to eliminate the 'gun free zone' mandate for schools, but I personally have no expectation that arming teachers means that they would be responsible for hunting down a shooter attacking a school. Rather, my desire is to give those school faculty members that WANT to have a means of protecting themselves and those immediately around them the opportunity to do so, instead of having no other option than sacrificing their own lives as a bullet trap in an effort to save the lives of the kids in their care. Allowing those who qualify for a concealed carry permit in their state of residence to carry a handgun on school grounds (you know, the way it used to be prior to 1990) simply provides citizens concerned with self-defense a means to effectively counter a school shooter threatening them, no more.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 16:39   #78
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
Would arming teachers, those willing to take the training, work, I don’t know. But to expect them to have the skill set of the QP’s here is mind boggling. Does this mean they shouldn’t be armed, I can’t say, I’m one of the sheep.
Arming teachers does two things, one: Effectivity ends the "gun free zone" in schools. That in itself give the spineless little cowards notice. And two: allows them to defend themselves.

Nothing more and nothing less.
Old 03-29-2018, 16:44   #79
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Arming teachers does two things, one: Effectivity ends the "gun free zone" in schools. That in itself give the spineless little cowards notice. And two: allows them to defend themselves.

Nothing more and nothing less.
The high probability of an immediate armed response to hostility works wonders as a deterrent - statistics have consistently shown that violent crime declines after concealed carry permits are allowed.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 16:48   #80
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
The high probability of an immediate armed response to hostility works wonders as a deterrent - statistics have consistently shown that violent crime declines after concealed carry permits are allowed.
Dat's a fact Jack!

You're really not going to attempt to argue with logic and facts now are you? Liberals will have none of that!
Old 03-29-2018, 16:53   #81
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Dat's a fact Jack!

You're really not going to attempt to argue with logic and facts now are you? Liberals will have none of that!
I've been put on the ivory tower's naughty list before for this very reason.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
Old 03-29-2018, 17:03   #82
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Tombstone Unified posts warning sign that staff is armed

This is "progressive"......

Waytt Earp is pleased.

I may send those folks an email with an offer to train any "teacher" for free.

By: Tucson News Now

Posted: Mar 29 2018 05:11AM MST
Updated: Mar 29 2018 08:14AM MS

TOMBSTONE, Ariz. (TUCSON NEWS NOW) - In the wake of last month's school shooting in Florida, people in Tombstone are taking matters into their own hands.
As Tombstone Unified School District students walked onto their campuses this week, a shocking sign could be seen posted on the surrounding fences.

The signs read, "WARNING: Some T.U.S.D staff may be armed and will use whatever force necessary to protect our students."

While the extent to which teachers and school staff are armed is unknown, the sign has been the source of controversy for both residents and visitors alike.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...staff-is-armed
Old 03-29-2018, 17:17   #83
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
This is "progressive"......

Waytt Earp is pleased.

I may send those folks an email with an offer to train any "teacher" for free.

By: Tucson News Now

Posted: Mar 29 2018 05:11AM MST
Updated: Mar 29 2018 08:14AM MS

TOMBSTONE, Ariz. (TUCSON NEWS NOW) - In the wake of last month's school shooting in Florida, people in Tombstone are taking matters into their own hands.
As Tombstone Unified School District students walked onto their campuses this week, a shocking sign could be seen posted on the surrounding fences.

The signs read, "WARNING: Some T.U.S.D staff may be armed and will use whatever force necessary to protect our students."

While the extent to which teachers and school staff are armed is unknown, the sign has been the source of controversy for both residents and visitors alike.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...staff-is-armed
Oh, I really doubt that there is a controversy with the residents. It's the Snow Birders who get upset. I've seen grandma's sporting real Colt SA Army .45LCs there and wearing period dress. I don't have a Western gun but, if I get one, I will defiantly wear it OC in Tombstone!

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:47   #84
bblhead672
Area Commander

If only Democrat Joe Biden hadn't introduced the Gun Free School Zone act in 1990, perhaps we wouldn't have to be listening to juveniles tell adults how we should live our lives and put up with their rants.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:11   #85
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
If only Democrat Joe Biden hadn't introduced the Gun Free School Zone act in 1990, perhaps we wouldn't have to be listening to juveniles tell adults how we should live our lives and put up with their rants.
I wonder if he will advocate for a warning shot from armed personnel in schools?