Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 09:49   #1
bonspy
Asset

The case of 1st. Sgt. Charles Martland

I have just been reading the story of Green Beret, 1st. Sgt. Charles Martland, a Bronze Star recipient. It seems as though he interfered with an Afghan police commander who was holding a 12 year old boy captive and repeatedly raping him. When the boy's mother complained about this she was beaten for reporting the problem. When 1st. Sgt. Martland confronted the police commander, the man laughed in his face. This proved too much for 1st. Sgt. Martland to take and he slammed the man to the ground and threw him off the base. For his actions Martland received a Memorandum of Reprimand and will be given an involuntary discharge. This man has served our country for 11 years and yet his reprimand
read , “Your behavior is inexcusable and incompatible with the high standards of performance, military discipline, and operational readiness of Special Forces and it is inconsistent with the trust we place in our Green Berets to make sensible and sound decisions. Your conduct is a discredit to you, the Special Forces community, and the U.S. Army. It cannot and will not be tolerated.”
I cannot understand the Army's point of view and think that this loyal Special Forces Operator is being royally screwed, pardon my language.
I hope that I have chose the correct forum to post this in and am curious what you folks think of this kind of treatment for a man that would consider a hero.
Thank you for your time gentleman.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/opi...oops/73723148/
Old 10-12-2015, 09:55   #2
Richard
Quiet Professional

It's Sgt 1st Class - not 1st Sgt, and the discussion has been on-going for awhile.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=49386

The SEARCH function on our screen between the CALENDAR and FAQ buttons can be your friend here.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Closed Thread