Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-24-2019, 20:48   #31
Uman
Quiet Professional

Some SF Advice

Understand your operational Environment.

The CINC gave you his Commanders Intent.

Leave him alone, Get Back To Business.
Uman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 20:54   #32
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
This is what Secretary of the Navy Spencer decided to fall on his sword for... in such a public manner and his timing ? I’m sure he is a smart guy but I’m baffled at his perception, one might think the view from 30000’ would show our President and CINC in a the battle of his life fending off an unprecedented political attack fielded by insubordinate underlings, deep state players, rhinos, far left wackos and MSM...let alone the complexity of Navy operations across the board. I’ll bet there are better resources to tap into for that position in this day and time.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 21:22   #33
EricV
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
This is what Secretary of the Navy Spencer decided to fall on his sword for... in such a public manner and his timing ? I’m sure he is a smart guy but I’m baffled at his perception, one might think the view from 30000’ would show our President and CINC in a the battle of his life fending off an unprecedented political attack fielded by insubordinate underlings, deep state players, rhinos, far left wackos and MSM...let alone the complexity of Navy operations across the board. I’ll bet there are better resources to tap into for that position in this day and time.
I think we need to see where Spencer lands. This has all the hall marks of Spencer trying to set up Trump. I think another deep state anti Trumper just got his walking papers...

Edit for something new...

A complaint filed Tuesday afternoon with the Defense Department’s Inspector General blasts Rear Adm. Collin Green as a scheming martinet willing to trash the reputations of bonafide SEAL combat heroes to preserve his precarious perch atop Naval Special Warfare.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...al-team-triad/

Last edited by EricV; 11-24-2019 at 21:29.
EricV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 21:45   #34
Box
Quiet Professional

...and why WOULDN'T the Department of Water think there was anything wrong with thumbing their nose at the POTUS? The exalted Admiral McCraven posted two OpEds in the NYT that where borderline seditious. Following the example set by those that went before them.

Same as it ever was
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:25   #35
Remington Raidr
Guerrilla

the REAL timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
All these zeros, including Vindman, are betting that Trump isn't forever, and eventually things will get back to the norm. They are playing longball. I hope they are proven wrong, but . . .
Remington Raidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:47   #36
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Spencer had already told the POTUS that if the USS Ford wasn't ready on time, he could fire him.

This was not a stand-alone action. Spencer had a history of talking out of turn.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:28   #37
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

I am no fan of Eddie Gallagher. But he, an enlisted sailor no less, had the propensity to beat them at their own game with a stacked deck no less. By hiring a lawyer with deep ties to POTUS Trump and parading them plus his trophy wife on Fox and Friends at every turn, he stole the narrative and went from Eddie Gallagher, war criminal to Eddie Gallagher, heroic, misunderstood war fighter. This narrative played well with the Trump base. I would like to know if Gallagher's lawyer took this case pro bono. Anyway, Big Navy just could not let this one go and the Sec Navy fell hard on his sword.
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 13:08   #38
st1650
Asset

I don't see how any Quiet Professional can celebrate this decision. How many insurgents were recruited because of this indiscriminate killing of local civilians, elders, woman and children ? It will be used as recruiting propaganda by the enemy and will put more coalition soldiers in danger. Defending a steroid addicted psychopath who was denounced by fellow SEALS operators, out of partisanry ... to 'own the libs' ?

Just because the lugenpresse is at war with the POTUS and half of the population doesn't mean everything Trump does is rightful or that everything reported by the MSM is necessarily wrong.

Maybe now Mr Gallagher can join other Trident pimps and supplement his pension with a book deal and a movie.
st1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 13:16   #39
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

The scales of justice regarding things military got punted into the 3rd row of the peanut gallery a while back.

Give me a shake when Bo Bergdahl is imprisoned through proclamation.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 21:14   #40
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by st1650 View Post
I don't see how any Quiet Professional can celebrate this decision. How many insurgents were recruited because of this indiscriminate killing of local civilians, elders, woman and children ? It will be used as recruiting propaganda by the enemy and will put more coalition soldiers in danger. Defending a steroid addicted psychopath who was denounced by fellow SEALS operators, out of partisanry ... to 'own the libs' ?

Just because the lugenpresse is at war with the POTUS and half of the population doesn't mean everything Trump does is rightful or that everything reported by the MSM is necessarily wrong.

Maybe now Mr Gallagher can join other Trident pimps and supplement his pension with a book deal and a movie.
Hey Paul.. and Mods...

BLUF:

St1650 (Paul): I have no love for SEALS. However, Paul, Do you have your green card yet? And yet you are calling out all QPs?

I am one that supports our President. I love it that we have appointees that are made to heel by our duly elected President.

You are? Your service to Canada? To the US? To US Special Operations?

Nevermind. I don't care.

So, have a nice day.

Last edited by abc_123; 11-25-2019 at 21:22. Reason: being nicer because my wife thinks that I'm an asshole tonight
abc_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:05   #41
MoonAngel
Asset

Concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by st1650 View Post
Well said.
Old 11-26-2019, 13:33   #42
Box
Quiet Professional

Always one to flaunt my blindly partisan, extremely hypocritical, wildly sarcastic, and overzealous cult-like support of the 45th President of the United States of America - I think it is time for another episode of "Hold My Beer"

I will commence with my sarcasm by simply providing a blindly partisan response to a recent post...

Quote:
I don't see how any Quiet Professional can celebrate this decision.
Celebrate ?
I am a Trump cultist - I celebrate everything. If you mean celebrate the SecDef putting the boots to the SecNav - oh yes. The mental masturbation over that image has been non-stop since it first hit the news.
If you mean the decision to tell senior leaders "enough is enough" when they continued to pursue a corrupt legal proceeding against a man that was jailed before he even went to trial - then subjected to prosecutorial misconduct - and then re-attacked after the POTUS intervened on his behalf.
...yes - I am celebrating the POTUS poking his finger into a bureaucrats chest and telling him to shut up and color.

Just like leftists celebrate everything that the Obama admin did from 2008-2016...
-Like the way they deliberately lied about the way an US Ambassador was tortured and murdered
-Like the way they publicly CELEBRATED their story that the attack was because of a video.
-Just like the way they celebrated when Obama released four senior leaders of the enemies command structure in exchange for a deserter that betrayed his country in combat.
-Just like the way that they celebrated when Obama commuted the sentence of a convicted soldier that committed one of the worst acts of espionage in US history.

Eddie Gallagher is a turd. He dishonored himself and the SOF community with his actions.
The suggestion that someone - anyone - is celebrating Eddie Gallagher and his behavior is childish at best.
...but - at the end of the day - Gallagher's alleged crimes were against enemies of the United States of America so - well - there it is
Enemies of the United States of America

Quote:
How many insurgents were recruited because of this indiscriminate killing of local civilians, elders, woman and children ? It will be used as recruiting propaganda by the enemy and will put more coalition soldiers in danger.
Not as many as Obama recruited when he:
-deliberately lied about the way an US Ambassador was tortured and murdered.
-released four senior leaders of the enemies command structure in exchange for a deserter that betrayed his country in combat
-praised the heroism of a deserter that betrayed his country in combat
-commuted the sentence of a convicted soldier that committed one of the worst acts of espionage in US history

Eddie Gallagher was ONLY found guilty of taking a picture with a corpse. Don't forget that part.
Even when it was outed that the prosecution had engaged in misconduct - even when they thought they had a smoking gun on him by talking about a parade of fellow SEALS operators - at the end of the day - Gallagher was only convicted of taking a picture with a corpse.
I'll play along though - lets say he really did capture an enemy and then stab him in his neck...
...now those that would do Americans harm have to wonder if they will be the next one to get a knife buried in the side of their neck. It doesn't really turn my stomach that our enemies might be afraid of a few of our less emotionally stable Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen.
The idea that I am in danger because the enemy might be angry at an alleged stabbing - well - suffice to say I openly invite them to roll the dice and take their chances because we have plenty of Hell-Fires and 'Green-Tip' should they feel so inclined.

Quote:
Defending a steroid addicted psychopath who was denounced by fellow SEALS operators, out of partisanry ... to 'own the libs' ?
Interesting - I didn't know that steroid abuse and psychopathy were charges levied against him.
Faults and flaws for sure - but not really germane to the topic at hand - if steroid use and psychopathy were high water marks for long prison terms, we'd have very few pro athletes left and even fewer politicians.

As for him being denounced by fellow SEAL operators; 'denounced' carries no weight in a court of law. Material witnesses however carry the day. Unfortunately, the navy came up short on the whole "witness and evidence" angle required to convict this turd. When the Navy finally found their "smoking gun" - their smoking gun proudly took credit for everything Gallagher was being accused of.
Absent was the throng of protesting SEALs ready, waiting, willing - to testify against this steroid addicted psychopath who was denounced by fellow SEALS operators.
You would think that Mother Navy would weigh her options and stop the madness...
"Nevertheless, she persisted"

Quote:
I'm confused - are you saying that a sitting President is wrong for exercising constitutional authority to grant executive clemency?
If you want to talk about blind partisanship in the same breath as presidential clemency of criminals then we are going to have a lot of fun in thins thread - I could go on forever.
...Republicans tend to pardon people that have been fucked over by the US government - Democrats tend to pardon convicted drug traffickers and those that would do Americans harm

Not to mention that MOST of what the media has reported in this case - is necessarily wrong purely because they willingly omit the whole truth.

Quote:
...you can BET on that. There WILL be a book in this guys future.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 11-26-2019 at 15:10.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 14:05   #43
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Well, there you go again! That about sums it up.

And let’s not confuse “Quiet Professionals” with “SEALs” the two are not inclusive. SEALs and Rangers maybe but, even a Ranger knows it’s stupid to take a selfie with a corpse and show all your buddies: who hate you!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 14:18   #44
cbtengr
Area Commander

Beyond well stated Box!

Thumbs Up.jpg
Old 11-26-2019, 15:02   #45
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
...you can BET on that. There WILL be a book in this guy's future.

and an academy award-winning movie with
George Clooney as CPO Gallagher
Amy Schumer as Gallagher's wife
Carrio Top as CiC
Robert De Nero as SECNAV
Directed by Michael Moore and Rob Reiner
Music and soundtrack by Cher

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote