Old 10-20-2009, 17:35   #1
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

US Airways Caves to Six Imams

US Airways accepts dhimmi status.

Quote:
Settlement Reached in Case of Praying Imams Removed From Flight

Tuesday , October 20, 2009

Six imams who were removed from a US Airways flight in Minneapolis in 2006 have reached a tentative settlement of their discrimination lawsuit.

The imams' attorney, Omar Mohammedi, said Tuesday that all sides agreed to the settlement at a conference Monday. But he said the details still need to be finalized and the settlement needs to be approved by a federal judge.

Mohammedi declined to comment on the terms of the settlement but saids the six imams are satisfied with it.

An attorney for US Airways, Michael Lindberg, declined comment.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Airports Commission had no immediate information.

The six Muslim imams were removed from the Phoenix-bound flight after passengers reported what they considered suspicious behavior.

They sued the airline, saying that unnamed "John Doe" passengers at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport reported that they engaged in "suspicious" behavior — praying in the terminal — before they boarded the plane.

The lawsuit alleged that US Airways unlawfully removed the six imams from Flight 300 for discriminatory reasons based on race, religion, ethnicity, or other outside appearances.

The lawsuit said US Airways has "falsely claimed" the imams' "suspicious" behavior, including saying "God is Great" in Arabic on the plane, talking about President Bush and Iraq and purchasing one-way tickets with cash. Passengers also reported that some of the imams asked for seat belt extenders and switched seats.

The suit says one of the imams was blind, and his friend asked another passenger if he would help him by switching seats. The passenger agreed, the suit alleged.

According to the lawsuit, the same imam regularly requests a seatbelt extension when flying.

According to the lawsuit, police arrived at the scene after receiving a call from the airline. The imams were forced off the plane, searched, handcuffed and held against their will for hours without explanation. The imams claim they were questioned by the FBI about where they were from, whether they did anything out of the ordinary in the airport and whether they wanted to do harm to the president of the United States.

An internal probe by US Airways found there was no racial profiling in the incident. [What race are Muslims?]

Link

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 17:59   #2
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

What a bunch of shit............ U.S. Airways has no balls......

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 19:17   #3
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
. U.S. Airways has no balls......

Big Teddy
The exact definition of dhimmitude.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 20:44   #4
akv
Area Commander

I'd be nervous...

I know it's not fair, for example Taliban member John Walker Lindh was a blue eyed blond kid from Marin, but if I was sitting in the terminal and six men in Islamic garb were praying in the terminal before boarding my flight, I'm not sure I would board, and if once aboard they were switching seats, yelling out Allah Akbar or doing other out of the ordinary things I am frankly surprised the men on that flight didn't beat the tar out of them. Is this fair, nope but neither was 9/11?
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote