Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 05-27-2004, 19:43   #61
Kyobanim

I've always wanted to learn but we've only got one guy in the Orlando area that teaches Krav Maga and I'm not too sure about his teaching abilities. He knows his stuff but doesn't appear to be able to communicate very well.

I feel the same way Eagle, knock their ass down and clea out. The only pose they'll see out of me is my backsideforwardmotion stance.

I think women are the easiest to teach self defense to also. One of the things I do is borrow one of their purses and dump it out on the floor, with their permission of course. Then proceed to show them how to use all those 'women' things they carry as a weapon.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime

Last edited by Kyobanim; 05-27-2004 at 19:45.
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 05:46   #62
DoctorDoom
Guerrilla

x

Last edited by DoctorDoom; 07-29-2013 at 10:22.
DoctorDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:22   #63
Guy
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Amen Sir...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambush Master
From a Guy Jones Perspective
I'm not a big guy...so I have been known to fight dirty.

Studied under Master Wolfe off of Yadkin Rd. for two years, then went and studied under Myong Mayes (the woman married to that SF guy) for over three years.

Won North and South Carolina TKD titles in the 80's.

I'm more of a avoidfu...runfu...sneakfu...gunfu type of guy!

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:25   #64
Kyobanim

NDD's preferred martial art:

Seiuuki Inkan Jutsu - The art of Monkey Stompin

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Optimus Prime
Old 06-23-2004, 07:22   #65
ccrn
Guerrilla

Sometimes I dont think the style is as important as how one trains. Most schools dont really hit...

If someone had no experience what so ever I would tell them to take boxing for six months with sparring and competition, then sambo or brazilian ju jitsu with compitition for about another six months.

I think they would be able to stand up against most so called "martial artists" in this country who've trained for years-

ccrn
ccrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:21   #66
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

I'm more into monkey hanging than stomping.
Jack Moroney (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:17   #67
brownapple

I started studying TKD when I was 12, spent some time doing TKD and Goju-Ryu and AKA all at the same time (had friends studying the other two, so we went to each others lessons/dojos), and then studied Kempo (met Chuck Norris at that dojo, he made a visit... around '77) for a while. Paid attention to the "Kill or be Killed" stuff at the same time, and once I entered the military stayed focused on that style.
Old 06-27-2004, 20:43   #68
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by D9
Krav Maga, level 2. It's the best deal I found in Houston. 99% Martial, 1% Arts.
Anybody else doing this? I've heard some good things.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 20:43   #69
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
I'm more into monkey hanging than stomping.
ROTFLMAO

Diapers in the club?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:49   #70
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Anybody else doing this? I've heard some good things.
I've been trying to find an instructor in CFL but there's only a couple and they're psychotic. We had them come to the school to do a seminar with a few of us. I realize the training is hard and set up to prepare you for the extreme but training for the first time with a double edged sharp blade was a little much for me.

Teach me how to do it then progress up to the real weapon. Just my opinion of course.

I thought about Combat Ki, there's a good instructor here in Orlando, but there's something about a person kicking me in the balls that I just can't justify in my mind. Must be age.

Optimus Prime
Old 07-04-2004, 09:50   #71
Kyobanim

It does look like an excellent self-defense if you get the right teacher though.

Optimus Prime
Old 02-23-2009, 04:18   #72
phantom1984
Asset

what i studied

with my bad knees it took a while of conditioning but i studied for 20 years. I hold Black belts in what my instructor called Ninjutsu (don't really know if he was telling the truth or not) Tae Kwon do and Kenpo. By this time my knees were strong and i had no problems with them since. But The military doctors seeing my medical records still disquilified me from military service
phantom1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:56   #73
Ad11
Asset

IMHO - I would highly recommend Muay Thai. I've studied for about two years under a QP, who I believe is a member here. The fundamental techniques are easy and effective. The use of knee and elbow strikes are similar to those in Krav Maga.
Ad11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:42   #74
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyobanim View Post
I thought about Combat Ki, there's a good instructor here in Orlando, but there's something about a person kicking me in the balls that I just can't justify in my mind. Must be age.
You would surely like this one then. Shaolin groin skill
5:44 onwards (copy and paste)youtube.com/watch?v=CUXB38ShMdw

Of all the skills, I can only do one. Not telling which one

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56   #75
Knight
FTFSI

[QUOTE=Bill Harsey;22017]Eight years Tang Soo Do with Chuck Norris,

TANG SOO!! Very good art! It has great kicking, derived from Soo Bak Do, (Korean Foot Fighting), and the hand techniques from Shotokan and Shito Ryu, (Japanese and Okinawan). The discipline that Hwang Kee incorporated in TSD's stances and forms is extremely hard to come by in the arts today. Very, very meticulous about technique. I trained TSD for 8 years also. My instructor and Mr. Norris have close ties; over in Korea together in the AF.
Taken seriously, and studied diligently in tradition, good traditional martial arts training is hard to beat.
My favorite subject.