Old 11-26-2019, 08:35   #2551
Jdad3406
Asset

Hello everyone

Greetings,

I made an initial post on here back in 2012 but I have been off the grid for quite sometime so I figured I would post again. I am a USAR Drill Sergeant serving out of FT Benning. I spent my first 6 years in the ARNG as an Infantry Scout, instructor and S3 NCO. I currently live in South Carolina and I am contemplating dropping my packet but would have to repay my bonus back.

I just started the 10-week THOR3 program yesterday and will let you know of the progress for future applicants to the program.

Thanks to those who post information that is critical in the determination factor for myself and other hopefuls out there.
Jdad3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:46   #2552
B777Pilot
Asset

Hello all

Hi everyone,

My name is Craig and I joined this group in hopes of getting more information about my wife’s father. Archie Lombardi served in the Army from late 1954 until 1975 primarily with the 7th SFG. If anyone knew Archie we’d love to hear from you.

Thanks and thank you all for your service,
Craig
B777Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 23:16   #2553
rots
Asset

I am a 21 year old studying history and philosophy while in the reserves as a PSYOP guy. I'm going to OCS after graduation and looking to commission as an infantry officer than head to SFAS when the opportunity arises. I'm on here just looking to learn as much as I can and get tips I couldn't find anywhere else.

Last edited by rots; 04-23-2020 at 18:52.
rots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 16:30   #2554
Samocean
Asset

Hello

Found this site a few years ago while doing some online research. Lots of good info on many things here and I enjoy reading all of the comments.
I’m over 50 so will not be testing or attempting any type of high speed anything. Did 20 in the USMC did some interesting things, but nothing wild. Well into my second career and trying hard to use my brain more and body less, it saves on medical bills.
Samocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:54   #2555
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samocean View Post
Found this site a few years ago while doing some online research. Lots of good info on many things here and I enjoy reading all of the comments.
I’m over 50 so will not be testing or attempting any type of high speed anything. Did 20 in the USMC did some interesting things, but nothing wild. Well into my second career and trying hard to use my brain more and body less, it saves on medical bills.

Smart man. Welcome aboard
Old 01-08-2020, 17:54   #2556
Titania
Asset

Hi, I'm Titania, I'm 19 and I'm interested in joining the US special operation forces. I believe it's my true calling and I'm training to be a combat swimmer.

I joined since this place is a great resource for aspiring operators and I want to learn as much as possible.
Titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:37   #2557
Alicanto
Asset

Alicanto

I'm from the Bay Area, a current 88A Transportation Officer in the Reserve.

Going to lurk here and soak up useful information and motivation while training for selection in the next couple years.

Currently focused on my 25m target and 50m target but checking out what lies beyond...

Lived in Brazil and taught English, fluent in Brazilian Portuguese. 2/2 on the DLPT. I studied French in college for 4 years and studied abroad, now I just need to regain those language skills.
Alicanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 20:11   #2558
Masonman
Asset

Good evening! I myself have no military service, even though my grandfather, dad and son have all served or are serving. My dad and I have stumbled upon this great site as we sit here together searching Special Forces memorabilia. My dad, who is 75 years old, served with 46th in Thailand during the late 60s. He got a smile looking at posts from the deactivated groups as he is now in the fight for his life with a recent diagnosis of lung cancer and has opted to skip chemotherapy. I will probobly never have much to add to this site, but will definately keep lurking. Thanks for the great work on this forum and God bless all yall do!
Respectfully

Last edited by Masonman; 03-07-2020 at 20:14.
Masonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:13   #2559
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonman View Post
Good evening! I myself have no military service, even though my grandfather, dad and son have all served or are serving. My dad and I have stumbled upon this great site as we sit here together searching Special Forces memorabilia. My dad, who is 75 years old, served with 46th in Thailand during the late 60s. He got a smile looking at posts from the deactivated groups as he is now in the fight for his life with a recent diagnosis of lung cancer and has opted to skip chemotherapy. I will probobly never have much to add to this site, but will definately keep lurking. Thanks for the great work on this forum and God bless all yall do!
Respectfully

Welcome. Please extend warmest regards to your father.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:12   #2560
Alea iacta est
Asset

Hello Everyone,

My name is Josh. I'm a senior in ROTC about to commission and head to IBOLC and its follow on training. I'm here to explore, learn, and get advice before starting my service as a new LT.

Thanks,
Josh
Alea iacta est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 19:20   #2561
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea iacta est View Post
My name is Josh. I'm a senior in ROTC about to commission and head to IBOLC and its follow on training. I'm here to explore, learn, and get advice before starting my service as a new LT.

Thanks,
Josh
Advice is easy
Pay attention to what your Commanders intent is, Take advice from your NCO's,
when in charge be in charge, be on time, and finally take your lumps if you screw up.
Good luck

"Me"

Last edited by 7624U; 04-02-2020 at 19:42.
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 21:28   #2562
The Big Short
Asset

Hi all,

My name is Alex, I am 25, and I am here to read and learn as much as possible. Serving in the armed forces has been a goal of mine since I was young, but that goal was unfortunately delayed due to a multitude of circumstances. I'm not getting any younger, and am eager to forge a new path in my life with hard working and honorable people - personality traits not often found in my current industry.

Thanks very much for accepting civilians like myself onto this forum.
Old 04-02-2020, 19:20   #2563
msptrooper39
Asset

Good evening everyone.

My name is Michael and I currently live in Reading, Pennsylvania and formerly from Baltimore, Maryland not far from the 20th SFG Detachment in Glen Arm. I have been reading the forums for many years. While I was a Maryland State Trooper it provided me a lot of helpful tips to improve my running, pushups, sit-ups, and overall fitness level. I am now looking into joining the Guard and pushing for an 18X/Rep 63 Contract to serve with the Glen Arm Detachment if selected. I appreciate everyone's time and am glad to be here.

Michael
msptrooper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:54   #2564
Cuato
Asset

Intro

Greetings -

Former 18C - served in 1st Bn, 5th group 2013 to 2016. After separating I got MBA, did the consulting thing for a little bit, and now currently work in the defense industry in the northern VA area. Hoping to network and reconnect with some old faces.

Also, want to thank everyone for running this forum. Was extremely helpful as a resource when I initially enlisted back in 2011. To all the guys going through the process now - there is a TON of useful information here that if leveraged correctly will help set you up for success.

Thanks all.

- Cuato
Cuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:17   #2565
AChonka
Asset

Self Introductions

Hello, My Name is Alex and I am planning on enlisting in October 2021 after completing High school and seeing my brother off for his Junior year. I plan on if not passing at least attempting the SFAS and gaining entry into the Q- course as soon as I can realistically. The main reason I am here on the wealth of site is to learn so I look forward to talking and researching with others here.
AChonka is offline   Reply With Quote