Old 08-08-2007, 16:06   #1
TexasSF
Quiet Professional

Special Forces - Texas

C/1/19 SFG(A) and C/5/19 SFG(A) are co-located on Camp Bullis in Northwest San Antonio, TX. C/5/19 has been a part of the Texas Army National Guard since September 12, 2007, while C/1/19 was added to the TXARNG in September of 2010. Both unit's are well established and are always seeking 18-series qualified Soldiers and individuals interested in becoming Special Forces Soldiers.

Interested 18-series qualified individuals can contact us via the email address or phone number listed below.

For those who would like to pursue a career in Special Forces, Texas is conducting Special Forces Assessment Drills and sending soldiers to Special Forces Assessment and Selection. Those who are accepted to attend SF training are scheduled for the next available SFAS class date and upon their selection from SFAS, are sent to the Q-Course.

Prior Service and Non-Prior Service enlistment bonuses may be available.

If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or know of someone who may be interested, please contact by email NGTX-SF@ng.army.mil or call (210) 698-2938 ext 38.

"De Oppresso Liber"

Last edited by TexasSF; 01-26-2011 at 11:53. Reason: Addition of C/1/19 SFG(A) to Texas
TexasSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 13:31   #2
Texas18D
Quiet Professional

Update to C/5/19th SFG (A) tryouts

C/5/19th SFG (A) holds monthly tryouts for entry into the Special Forces Pipeline. To attend you must:

-Be in the US Armed Forces and able to collect a paycheck for your attendance.
-Be a male soldier
-Be in the grade of E1 - E7 (enlisted)
-Be in the grade of O2-O3 (officer)
-Be eligible for a secret security clearance
-Have a GT score of 107 or higher
-Be able to pass a SF Physical as prescribed by Chapter 5 of AR 40-501
-Have a high school diploma or GED

After you meet the prerequisites contact us at the contacts provided in the thread.

The purpose of our tryout is assess your fitness for further special forces training. If we decide that you are a suitable for further training, we will send you on Temporary Duty to all the prerequisite courses for the Special Forces Qualification Course. We have a robust stable of SF candidates and we are always looking for more suitable applicants.

If you have not joined the military and want to get fastracked into Special Forces contact us about the Rep 63 Program. This program is a great opportunity for a young man to enter SF without loitering in the conventional army.
Texas18D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 16:53   #3
WRC10
Asset

texas NG

Hello,
I know this is an older post, but I have a few questions about 19th SFG in Texas. I am currently finishing up the 18B course and am set to graduate SFQC in June. I have recently become interested in ISTing to Texas. I plan on moving my family back to Idaho and commuting to drills. I have heard really good things about TXARNG. How are you guys on manpower? Any info regarding 1/19 or 5/19 would be extremely helpful in making an educated decision. There are a lot of rumors that fly around in the course, so I was hoping to get more accurate information. I appreciate your time.
WRC10
WRC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 16:49   #4
MAMBAS156
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC10 View Post
Hello,
I know this is an older post, but I have a few questions about 19th SFG in Texas. I am currently finishing up the 18B course and am set to graduate SFQC in June. I have recently become interested in ISTing to Texas. I plan on moving my family back to Idaho and commuting to drills. I have heard really good things about TXARNG. How are you guys on manpower? Any info regarding 1/19 or 5/19 would be extremely helpful in making an educated decision. There are a lot of rumors that fly around in the course, so I was hoping to get more accurate information. I appreciate your time.
WRC10
We can always use another good operator. Give us a call at 210-698-2938 x 38 and we will see what we can or can't do for you.
MAMBAS156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 14:33   #5
Powder
Asset

Training/Mentorship

Gentlemen,

Does the unit run a train up or mentorship program run out of Camp Bullis or is there anyone located in Joint Base San Antonio area who would be willing to help with training/mentorship for SFAS. To be clear I am active duty, not NG. I am just looking for mentorship from those who have been there and done that. I am more than willing to answer any questions that you may have.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Don't make my mistake, read and re-read. Then applly.

http://www.birdsnest.com/garcia.htm

Last edited by Powder; 10-22-2014 at 08:52. Reason: Edit in post
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 15:03   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Gentlemen,

Does the unit run a train up or mentorship program run out of Camp Bullis or is there anyone located in Joint Base San Antonio area who would be willing to help with training/mentorship for SFAS. To be clear I am active duty, not NG. I am just looking for mentorship from those who have been there and done that. I am more than willing to answer any questions that you may have.

Thank you in advance.
Have you read "A Message to Garcia"?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 15:25   #7
CDRODA396
Quiet Professional

Got any DAC positions for retired SF?
Old 10-22-2014, 05:01   #8
Defion69
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Have you read "A Message to Garcia"?

TR
Brilliant! "If men will not act for themselves, what will they do when the benefit of their effort is for all?"
Defion69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:14   #9
Powder
Asset

Roger.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 20:30   #10
Thewildcard
Quiet Professional

The LL is TU

We have been having phone issues for some time now.

NQP: If you are interested in SF in TX...go do some PT, followed by a nice 12 mile ruck, then give us a call: 5127825001 extension: 7174100 or 7174150
Ask for the guy running SFAD and have something to write on and something to write with.

QP: Call the number above and have your ERB/ORB already attached in an email. The guy on the other line will give you the address. All you have to do is hit send and we will work it out.

Our units (2 x SF Companies and SOD-Africa) are actively engaged and always looking for dudes that want to do bad things to bad people.

Ignoring problems don't make them go away! A double basic load of lead based projectiles is a good start though!

Last edited by Thewildcard; 01-25-2017 at 20:49.
Thewildcard is offline   Reply With Quote