Old 09-01-2018, 21:09   #2461
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorps View Post
Like I said, I did it earlier. And it was a long intro. Somehow it mysteriously disappeared.
I Did not ask for an explanation. Follow instructions or you are not long for this site. You are a guest here so as all guest in a house follow house rules. No need for a response just comply.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 16:08   #2462
hardcorps
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Make your first post here:
Screenwriter, movie director, producer, and playwright, who has written and/or directed a number of classic action films. Prior to his motion picture career, spent nearly four years with the U.S. Marine Corps, serving as a radio operator in Vietnam with 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, and later with the elite 1st Force Reconnaissance Company at Camp Pendleton, California.

Last edited by hardcorps; 11-01-2018 at 22:54.
hardcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:58   #2463
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Welcome to all the FNG's.

Until such time as you have something worth saying, I would strongly suggest you spend a lot of time reading, searching and keeping YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

Hints:
  • Find the Reaper's post "A Message to Garcia" read it, then read it again
  • use your google-foo and hunt for your answers, both here on and the web.
  • ask questions sparingly, there are no "new and improved" questions. Someone has already answered it. Just remember that color, date, temperature, and altitude are universal variables and don't alter the answer.
  • Did I tell you to find and use the SEARCH button??

Be advised, There are several titles you can earn while here. At the top of the list are those with Quiet Professional. They are vetted BTDT Special Forces qualified members..

At the bottom are those with FTFSI,, Don't be Carl and WIN the FTFSI moniker.

Also, learn the use of OPSEC and PERSEC. This site like most has search spiders running all the time. Yahoo, Google, and persons of dubious distinction are always happy to collect YOUR information.. Proper names, addresses, unit locations....

This is a protective warning, Nuff Said??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorps View Post
SHELDON LETTICH is a...........
Enjoy, keep your eyes on the target, never give up...

For those that strive to become a QP, congratulation and good luck.

For the families, Thank you for your support. Your loved ones will need 110%.

For those on AD, Reserve, & Guard here for an education, Thank you for your service..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:20   #2464
Mm597
Asset

Hello

Good afternoon men, my name is mike and I will just be looking through your HOME to learn. I was one of the few people who failed to follow basic instructions and decided I better pull my head out and learn. To follow instructions when I am a guest in your home. Thank you for not banning me.
Mike
Mm597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 14:24   #2465
antirl
Asset

NG Soldier

My name is Anthony and I am currently an M-day status Guardsman. I recently attended Ranger school and graduated in April. I've learned that I truly enjoy the military and all it has to offer. I would like to contribute more to my country and hopefully some day become a Green Beret. Reading through the droves of information offered on this board will help with that.

Thanks,

Anthony
Old 09-18-2018, 03:55   #2466
Isobaric
Asset

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Hopeful X-Ray here, currently working as a controls engineer in the heavy equipment sector while I get myself squared away to embark on this journey.
Much thanks to the admin of this forum, as well as the QP's and others who provide content.

V/R.
Isobaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 00:53   #2467
JeanBee
BANNED USER

discussion of bulletproof equipment; exchange of good ideas

Hello everyone. I am new here. I am an employee of Newtech armor, a great manufacturer of body armor, we produce HAP, Bulletproof Vest, Shield and Helmet. We used to tender for many armies from different countries like Pakistan, and have established long-term partnership with many counties. I think we can exchange ideas here, and discuss the technologies and science about bulletproof equipment, I am looking forward to receive your advices and suggestions, so we can make further improvement on our protective products. if you are interested in our products, welcome to visit our official website: http://www.newtecharmor.com/
JeanBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 18:34   #2468
TWTPraetorian
Asset

Introduction

All,

It is an honor and a privilege to be here on this forum with those who earned their place in their respective services and those who are prospective candidates like myself. It is beyond gracious for you to allow use of your experience and knowledge. I thank you all for your past, present, and continued service to this country by supporting us.

I am currently a 26 YOM Firefighter/EMT-B about to graduate with my Paramedic certification. I have always wanted to serve in this nation's military but I wanted to mature, gain experience, and enlist later to come in and be as much of an asset as I could while still serving my community. JFK said it much better than I ever could.

My intention is to enlist 18x and give my all to have even the opportunity to attend the interview that is a career in Special Forces. I have been stalking the shadows of this forum for years now. I read "Message to Garcia" frequently to remind myself of where my mindset should be and the process of getting there is lifelong. The moment one thinks they have learned everything is the same moment they fall behind and are a danger to others. I look forward to potential ties I make with this community and the information I will gain.

I hope one day I can do the same for others as you have done for us,
TWTPraetorian
TWTPraetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:05   #2469
midcoast
Asset

Intro

Hello all,

Name's Cody - and I am a 29 y/o civilian interested in enlisting in the National Guard with a REP-63. If I am unable to do that for one reason or another, I hope to serve in a Special Forces Support group.

Thank you for having this forum and for all the valuable information it contains.
midcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 16:45   #2470
glebo
Quiet Professional

Try to go 25 series, you'll be good to go... 25B if I'm not mistaking. SF spt, 112th, JSOC etc, etc...
Old 11-01-2018, 17:36   #2471
calder
Asset

Intro

Hi, my name is Chad.

I am an avid follower of history both Military and NonMilitary. I have a lot of similar interest as other members of this board.

I had an "odd" encounter with a person who said they were in the special forces. Several of the things he said don't "ring true" with what I know about how members act. I had a member of another board recommend I come on here and discuss the story to get the straight dope.

After I get approved I will related the story in the appropriate forum.
calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 20:56   #2472
Khyber
Asset

Howdy,

First and foremost, thanks for allowing me to be a guest on this site. I have spent a majority of the past 72 hours digesting the wealth of information present on this forum.

My background -

I am 24 year old civilian from Texas with one semester left in graduate school and I’m very seriously considering enlisting as an 18X after graduation.

For my Bachelors I majored in Political Science, History, and Arabic Studies. My Masters degree is in International Affairs with an emphasis on National Security & Diplomacy, Cybersecurity, and the Middle East.

I have lived abroad, in two Middle Eastern countries and one South American country for extended periods of time. My Arabic is advanced, my Spanish is serviceable enough to get me through basic day to day stuff in a foreign country, and I started learning Farsi a few months ago.

The closer I get to graduation, the less a cushy cybersecurity job in Austin or an analyst job in D.C. appeals to me. A mentor of mine with connections in the SOF community recommended I look into serving either as a PJ or in the SF.

After much in-depth research and soul-searching, I’ve decided that I am far more interested in and passionate about the primary mission objectives of the SF, which is what brings me to this forum.

Although I’m a gym-rat, my running ability isn’t where it needs to be for any potential questions I’d have to even be relevant, so I don’t intend to ask questions on this board for quite some time. I’m just here to learn and soak up as much information as I can whenever I’m not out getting my mile time down.

My mouth will be shut and my eyes and ears wide open. Thanks for having me.
Khyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 14:34   #2473
burgundyr1
Asset

Thank you for having me as a guest.

Those I keep close call me a husband, dad, veteran, student, son, and friend. I am fortunate to have provided myself the opportunities to advance in the ways that I have. Information seeking has brought me here to learn what I can before progressing onto the next stages in life.

Very Respectfully,
burgundyr1
burgundyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 15:30   #2474
Bijou Santi
Asset

Question Just Trynnabe

Hi, I'm Kelly! I'm 17. I was born January of 2001. My dad is retired Army so I've lived in many different states, but I grew up in Texas and live in Florida now. I understand that I'm young; please don't hold it against me. I'm not like other people my age--entitled or disrespectful. I believe in earning things, respect, and humility. Some things to know about me:
Strengths: Smart, determined, problemsolver, optimistic, realistic, compassionate, hate to lose, honest, generous, tolerant, self-improver, good listener.
Weaknesses: impatient, too nice, too trusting, I can have anger-management issues at times.
Likes: coconuts, cheetos, cheesecake, horror, helping people, music, crime/detective shows/dramas, National Geographic Magazine, being outside.
Dislikes: liars, selfish/entitled/arrogant/attention-seeking/fake/ignorant people, arguing over trifling things.
I'm a little short and somewhat muscular, thin, medium tan skin, brown-eyed, I have medium-long black curly/wavy hair. I love rock n' roll. I wear lots of monochromatic colors and semi-loose clothes. I am also Mexican-American and Puerto Rican.
I hope to be a Green Beret someday, and I am planning on enlisting as an 18x. I want to make it clear that I am not trying to be stupid and just want to learn from the true Quiet Professionals. I am honored to be allowed to speak here and will respect to the utmost of my ability.
Bijou Santi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 17:06   #2475
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Santi View Post
I understand that I'm young; please don't hold it against me.
Don't worry about being young, there's a very good chance that you'll grow out of it.
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote