Old 05-27-2016, 18:49   #1
ironstoNe
Quiet Professional

18D to PA Route

This is for all of the 18D's that are looking to come off of active duty and going the NG route or just to become a civilian.

I am currently with 20th SFG based out of Birmingham, AL and I have been afforded the opportunity to go to PA school at the University of South Alabama. We just started classes 2 weeks ago and I can say it makes the Delta Course seem like high school on an information based level, but our hands on skills are definitely ahead by far. I just wanted to get the word out that there are SOME programs besides UNC and Duke that are looking specifically for 18D's. University of South Alabama is definitely one of them and UAB is always welcome to 18D's that apply with a good academic history. I did not get into UAB, but I was given an interview and am pretty sure it was the GPA / GRE Verbal score that got me. Anyways, if any of you have any questions regarding GI Bill, Federal Tuition Assistance for Graduate Level or Undergrad, or anything else, let me know because the process was grueling and very eye opening. It's not easy navigating the waters when you don't really know a path. There are more of us out there I'm sure, and some of you older members definitely know what I'm talking about. I just want to let y'all know if you have any questions or are thinking about this route, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread and I'll give you the current information I have on the whole CASPA application process and what these schools are looking for. Thank you and have a good day!

DOL

Last edited by ironstoNe; 05-27-2016 at 19:12.
ironstoNe is offline   Reply With Quote