Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 09-05-2019, 20:25   #1186
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

I am concerned about what any politician will do.

I will always say the one thing all shooting events (mass or indicidual )have in common is that a PERSON pulled the trigger.

But people are getting sick of the routine. New rules are coming, maybe problems with what and how deep.

At the same time..
How do we stop people before they start shooting?

Any reasonable idea?

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:00   #1187
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat in the hat View Post
At the same time..
Is finding ways to stop people before they start shooting an isolated effort? Is it any more important than figuring out how to stop people before they start raping, before they start driving impaired, before they start stealing, before they start lying under oath, before they start stabbing, before they start...?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:22   #1188
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat in the hat View Post
I am concerned about what any politician will do.

I will always say the one thing all shooting events (mass or indicidual )have in common is that a PERSON pulled the trigger.

But people are getting sick of the routine. New rules are coming, maybe problems with what and how deep.

At the same time..

Any reasonable idea?
It comes down to refocusing efforts on teaching a culture of personal accountability and respect for human life. Re-establishing a sense of community would likely also help.

How to go about doing that in today's environment is a more complicated question.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:11   #1189
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
It comes down to refocusing efforts on teaching a culture of personal accountability and respect for human life. Re-establishing a sense of community would likely also help.

How to go about doing that in today's environment is a more complicated question.
Exactly! I would also suggest legal accountability... take the orange haired movie theater shooter from Colorado, he has been coddled by the system, while I understand not violating his rights so no technicalities develop, there should be ramifications that equate to his crimes ie. A very public sanction!!! The liberal influences on that process are deluding the intent.

The division created by saul’s followers has no doubt been a negative for our society.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 09-06-2019 at 10:13.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:39   #1190
Box
Quiet Professional

The attack on the 2d amendment is just a charade.

The main assault is against the entire spectrum of individual American liberties but most Americans are too stupid and too emotional to see past the argument that it is all because we should "think about the children"

The current crop politicians are NOT stupid and they certainly aren't innocent. They hide behind the 2d amendment because that is the most popular one to attack. Attacking the 2d amendment is the easiest course of action if you are looking to mask the truth -
the truth is - fuck you and ALL of your liberties...

Fuck off with your silly idea that the 4th Amendment secures the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures
When the government decides that they want your shit - they WILL come and take it. If you resist - the news roll will show that you had too many guns and too many bullets to be left alive.

Fuck you and your belief that the 5th Amendment declares that no person will be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law
When the government decides that they want your shit - they WILL come and take it. If you resist - the news reports will paint you as an extremist.

Fuck you and your belief that you should enjoy 8th Amendment protections against the imposition of excessive fines - if a bureaucratic government agency wants to impose excessive licensing fees that are so high that it prevents "the common man" from enjoying "legal" ownership of property - well - tough shit.
Besides, "excessive" is a subjective term - and to get around it, they'll just call it a 'tax' and when you don't pay your "tax" - well... like I said - when the government decides that they want your shit - they WILL come and take it. If you resist - the 6 O'clock news will turn you into nothing more than another law breaker that refused to pay his "taxes"

Just to make sure that you all understand how little the machine cares about you - to add insult to injury - those in power don't mind extending EXTRA protections under the 1st Amendment to special interest groups and activists that want to protest your racist, homophobic, islamophobic, sexist, greedy, self absorbed, gun toting, bible thumping mania by using the 1st Amendment as a club to attack YOUR 2d, 4th, 5th, ad 8th amendment rights which could be argued, serves as an indirect infringement of your 9th amendment rights.

It has NEVER
EVER
EVER EVER EVER
been about "gun control" - its about population control

Pretending otherwise seems like a dangerous approach to retaining the REAL essence of "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness"
...just my two cents - I could be wrong
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 20:23   #1191
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
It has NEVER
EVER
EVER EVER EVER

Pretending otherwise seems like a dangerous approach to retaining the REAL essence of "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness"
No. You're not wrong.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 21:11   #1192
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The attack on the 2d amendment is just a charade.

The main assault is against the entire spectrum of individual American liberties but most Americans are too stupid and too emotional to see past the argument that it is all because we should "think about the children"

The current crop politicians are NOT stupid and they certainly aren't innocent. They hide behind the 2d amendment because that is the most popular one to attack. Attacking the 2d amendment is the easiest course of action if you are looking to mask the truth -
the truth is - fuck you and ALL of your liberties...

Fuck off with your silly idea that the 4th Amendment secures the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures
When the government decides that they want your shit - they WILL come and take it. If you resist - the news roll will show that you had too many guns and too many bullets to be left alive.

Fuck you and your belief that the 5th Amendment declares that no person will be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law
When the government decides that they want your shit - they WILL come and take it. If you resist - the news reports will paint you as an extremist.

Fuck you and your belief that you should enjoy 8th Amendment protections against the imposition of excessive fines - if a bureaucratic government agency wants to impose excessive licensing fees that are so high that it prevents "the common man" from enjoying "legal" ownership of property - well - tough shit.
Besides, "excessive" is a subjective term - and to get around it, they'll just call it a 'tax' and when you don't pay your "tax" - well... like I said - when the government decides that they want your shit - they WILL come and take it. If you resist - the 6 O'clock news will turn you into nothing more than another law breaker that refused to pay his "taxes"

Just to make sure that you all understand how little the machine cares about you - to add insult to injury - those in power don't mind extending EXTRA protections under the 1st Amendment to special interest groups and activists that want to protest your racist, homophobic, islamophobic, sexist, greedy, self absorbed, gun toting, bible thumping mania by using the 1st Amendment as a club to attack YOUR 2d, 4th, 5th, ad 8th amendment rights which could be argued, serves as an indirect infringement of your 9th amendment rights.

It has NEVER
EVER
EVER EVER EVER

"MARK MY WORDS" by JOHN MARK. LOOK IT UP & WATCH IT. 4 Episodes so far.
Old 09-09-2019, 16:00   #1193
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:

It has NEVER
EVER
EVER EVER EVER
I find myself saying this about once a week lately...it's not about the guns..it's about the control. Taking away guns makes total control much easier.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:31   #1194
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
I find myself saying this about once a week lately...it's not about the guns..it's about the control. Taking away guns makes total control much easier.
Lol...That's why I just bought myself a new pistol and ammo....I'm stocking up.... I don't think anyone can control me; not even them......

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:08   #1195
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
I just bought myself a new pistol and ammo....I'm stocking up...
Good for you. Train, be responsible and set a good example for other responsible firearm owners.

Hopefully, you will find others in your area that share your new found interest.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:24   #1196
Box
Quiet Professional

Anytime you put a new pistol and some fresh ammo in your hand - you are having a good day.

Old or new - any caliber - as long as bullets are being shot - to paraphrase the Doritos commercial:

Shoot all you want, we'll make more
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 17:31   #1197
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Lol...That's why I just bought myself a new pistol and ammo....I'm stocking up.... I don't think anyone can control me; not even them......
Remember, your pistol is for fighting to get to your rifle!
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:50   #1198
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
remember you have to have enough scattered around so you do not have to go far to get one.

My daughter was visiting last month and as she opened each closet she found a rifle or shotgun and asked why they were all spread out. I told her as I shoot the intruder with my pistol I only have 4-9 feet to go to get to the big guns. She thought about it and said not a bad idea...
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:13   #1199
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Ha, that's my next purchase.....a nice rifle.....I may go for a Browning....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 16:14   #1200
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Ha, that's my next purchase.....a nice rifle.....I may go for a Browning....
Did you want that on a tripod or...

(Edit, bumped Enter key too quickly)

It does continue to be interesting, each day, as the 2020 aspirants continue to pull the curtain back and try to outdo themselves in just how tyrannical they posture. I think that their actual support on specific draconian measures is relatively small - but it is vocal. The downside is that much of America, unschooled in history or what a preeminent right is (per the plan), is rather 50:50 and are the people at which the ubiquitous term "reasonable" is aimed at. And they'll say, "Sure, that sounds ok."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 09-11-2019 at 16:19.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote