Old 02-03-2020, 01:12   #1
mojaveman
Area Commander

Superbowl LIV

Overall thought it was a pretty good game.

Thought the Forty-Niners were going to take it but then the Chiefs with their 24 year old quarterback made an impressive comeback.

Anybody take note of Bloomberg's advertisement?
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:38   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
I'd seen mention of that in an article yesterday where one of the wire services or someone had taken it apart. Turns out they get their "2,900 children" figure by including 18 & 19 year-olds. Also, the "such a good boy wanted to play in the NFL" dead kid that Momma is talking about was TWENTY, in a gang, and shot by another gang-banger he'd called out.

Someone running against him would have no problem contrasting his racist and rabid support of "Stop & Frisk" while NYC Mayor - which he has now denied - with something like black employment rate, the First Step Act, etc.

A white billionaire who wants you to think of him as just "Mike" now.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:16   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Overall thought it was a pretty good game.

Thought the Forty-Niners were going to take it but then the Chiefs with their 24 year old quarterback made an impressive comeback.

Bloomberg is at minimum a hypocrite, at worst is more like that WWII German guy that the left frequently compares to President Trump. Pretty much all of the commercials I saw were horrible. My fav was Lil Nas X and Sam Elliott.

I haven't watched a NFL game since Linn Elliott shanked several field goals (threw the game, cough, cough). This year someone convinced me to come watch the AFC Championship game and I must say Mahomes is worth watching. It's enjoyable to watch people who have a fire that involves more that just showing up.

The post game celebrating was insane, cheering, fireworks and a few discharges of unknown origin..... there will be lots of bitching on Nextdoor about traumatized dogs in the coming days.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:31   #4
PSM
Area Commander

Jeep's Groundhog Day commercial was pretty good. I watched the movie after the game.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:22   #5
bblhead672
Area Commander

I watched because invited to a church party...lots of good food and people who didn't even enter the room to watch the game until mid-way 4th quarter.

Good game...congrats to KC....maybe next year Scat Francisco Kneelers.

Most of the commercials I thought were either just lame or insulting to anyone who isn't a progressive. Most seemed to pander to one "oppressed group" or another. Liked the Bill Murray one.

Halftime show made me long for the days when groups such as the Rolling Stones played there.

First time the promo for Fox' new Lego show came on I thought it was a parody. After realizing it was real I remarked to the group that "somewhere there's mothers hoping their children win enough money to move out of the basement."
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 00:07   #6
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Was a good game. Got up at 0400 to watch it here in Astan. No commercials on AFN so didn't have to listen to idiot Mikey.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 13:45   #7
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Super Bowl LIV:

The game was good, Half-time Show ??? Who watched it, The Expensive Ad's IMHO were a waste of money, Bloomberg's Gun Control probably helped gun sales increase.