Old 01-09-2010, 23:31   #1
lynben
Asset

Q course graduation

Hi, Will be at Ft Bragg next week Jan 13,14 for sons Q course graduation.. been waiting for this for a long time.
lynben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:33   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynben View Post
Hi, Will be at Ft Bragg next week Jan 13,14 for sons Q course graduation.. been waiting for this for a long time.
Congratulation to your son. Have him drop by and join the site.

NOW, Complete you profile and an introduction, as you were asked a yr ago..

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...560#post238560

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 19:11   #3
lynben
Asset

update

Intro and profile update completed.
Old 01-10-2010, 19:21   #4
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Welcome, lynben and congrats to your son! I was always appreciative of Finance guys when I was on active duty!
Old 01-11-2010, 18:07   #5
Stras
Quiet Professional

The SFA is putting on a pig picking at the Special Forces Association compound near the airport.

Be sure that you thank the cook!!!! He's been known to lurk on this site...

If you are a SFQC graduate and don't know where the Special Forces Association compound is, you owe the first round of beer.

Congrats to all SFQC Graduates!!!!

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 20:36   #6
lynben
Asset

hi, Is a pig picking the same as a hog roast here in illinois? plus is it allday Thurseday? Would look forward to it. thanks Lynben
Old 01-12-2010, 16:43   #7
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynben View Post
hi, Is a pig picking the same as a hog roast here in illinois? plus is it allday Thurseday? Would look forward to it. thanks Lynben

Being as I've never spent time in Illinois, I have no idea. It's on Tuesday (aka Today).

I don't cook them.. I just eat them... and take a big plate of Lonewolf's cooking home for later.

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 22:14   #8
Elder
Asset

From a proud and grateful Father

We have received the outstanding news that our son has successfully passed the “Q”. He will walk the stage at graduation this Thursday.

My uncle walked among you back during the Viet Nam days. I was so naïve as a kid back then that I wondered what that funny looking green hat was my cousin showed me on his father’s dresser. Then he played an old Barry Sadler LP for me for the first time. The ballad brought tears to my eyes as a child, and it still does.

And now, my son will walk among you. I cannot tell you how proud of him I am, and how proud I am of all of you QP’s. I have read countless pages on this exceptional site. I want to thank all of you for your wisdom, experiences and inspiration. You have provided a father with more than a few salient words of encouragement and very specific prayer requests; and the incredible relief I would have when he would convey to me his own observations consistent with the observations made by so many of you. The unbreakable spirit to NEVER quit, no matter what; laser like unshakable focus; the discipline to overcome each challenge and then turning the page immediately to the next task; how indecisiveness only prolongs pain; how to balance being hard with helping your comrade; deciding with whom he would be willing to go to war; and many, many more.

Before all of this began, he told me he was called to this. God and many of you have proven that he was correct.

And then the incredible experiences you share: Nasty Nick (I can only hope to step inside the gate of Camp McCall one day); endless rucking and land nav; the beauty of a dark night sky during his first night HALO jump (he was one of the lucky few who got that opportunity). And the countless experiences that await him down range. I could go on, but I too must focus.

I had the immense pleasure today of gifting to him his own first Green Beret and Long Tab. To watch him shave and shape the Beret this evening, and watch the immense grin cross his face (and mine) as he arranged those three tabs on his left shoulder for the first time. He said it was the first time he had ever touched the “long tab”, but that it was beginning to sink in that he would finally graduate and begin his long awaited team time.

I recognize that he is only at the beginning and has so much to learn. My prayers will now shift to those who will comprise his first team. The importance of his Team Sergeant and for the family he and his men must become, along with the families they will leave behind time and again.

So, I will be there on Thursday. You won’t know me, or I you, as I look to make eye contact with those of you in the room and wonder who among you are those who have graciously blessed me on these pages of your site. I will be the guy with a grin on his face, tears welling up in my eyes, and my Tommy Bahamas shirt popping open with pride. Know that I am eternally grateful for all each of you have done in service to our great country, for the sacrifices you have made, for the very small role this site has allowed me to play in this grand adventure my son has embarked upon, and for watching his back as he watches yours. Although I will always be there for him, I must now give him to those among you with whom he will now serve. I assure you, he will always be there for you too.

Blessings on you all.

A proud and grateful Father.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:45   #9
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Welcome, lynben and very well said, thank you. Congrads to your son! You out a good head on his shoulders, so that road will be easy.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:46   #10
Mr_Lite
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder View Post
We have received the outstanding news that our son has successfully passed the “Q”. He will walk the stage at graduation this Thursday.
Congratulations to you and your son. I too walked the stage that same day to receive my beret. It was one of the proudest moments of my life.
Mr_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 16:55   #11
SWATLT
Asset

He made it!!!

My son will graduate the "Q" course on August 9th, 2012. As a father everyone on this website knows how proud I am. When he signed up for the Army he said he wanted to do something special and shortly there after he was presented/signed the 18X contract. He left on October 13th, 2010 from Ft. Meade, Maryland. I had not doubt he would succeed, and celebrated each mile stone, starting with basic training, Airborne, pre-selection, selection etc. I have seen him grow throughout all of this to the young man he is at 22 years old. His journey begins again. 10th Group-18C. Heading to Ft. Carson. This site has gotten me through all of this..I want to personally thank all the Quiet Professionals for being so forth coming with all this valuable information. Even though my dad is a retired 1/Sgt. I had no idea what my son was getting into.
Your site provided all the information.

Thanks again!!
SWATLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:08   #12
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATLT View Post
My son will graduate the "Q" course on August 9th, 2012. As a father everyone on this website knows how proud I am. When he signed up for the Army he said he wanted to do something special and shortly there after he was presented/signed the 18X contract. He left on October 13th, 2010 from Ft. Meade, Maryland. I had not doubt he would succeed, and celebrated each mile stone, starting with basic training, Airborne, pre-selection, selection etc. I have seen him grow throughout all of this to the young man he is at 22 years old. His journey begins again. 10th Group-18C. Heading to Ft. Carson. This site has gotten me through all of this..I want to personally thank all the Quiet Professionals for being so forth coming with all this valuable information. Even though my dad is a retired 1/Sgt. I had no idea what my son was getting into.
Your site provided all the information.

Thanks again!!
Congratulations.
Old 08-06-2012, 20:21   #13
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lite View Post
Congratulations to you and your son. I too walked the stage that same day to receive my beret. It was one of the proudest moments of my life.
Congrats to you young tiger........ Receiving my beret was one of the proudest moments of my life also........ My wife was as proud as I was on that day........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 13:56   #14
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

It is a good feeling to see your son graduate. Of course it is also a good feeling if you are the guy graduating.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 14:37   #15
viper.51
Quiet Professional

Congrats to your son Lynben on his completing the first leg of his journey, and thx to you for your words. You must be very proud....

Congrats to yours as well SWATLT and may they both succeed in thier journeys.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War
viper.51 is offline   Reply With Quote