Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-25-2004, 07:03   #31
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by GackMan
I'm curious - Did anyone get a look at the new and improved trijicon tri-power? I hear that it was fixed/improved somehow.
Yes.

It is somewhat improved.

It still has the "Shoot here" light on top where the fiber optic rail is illuminated by the battery powered lamp with the cheesy rubber cover, the belled objective which will allow no cover or insert, and causes the TX30 not to fit on the ARMS #22M68 mount it was designed for.

Other than that, it is fine.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 19:59   #32
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

SHOT Show

Who do I send the bill to for babysitting REAPER for a night at SHOT? GREAT to meet you there Sir and thanks for going out to tea at the Beach "after work". Incredible show! Bill
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 20:07   #33
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Re: SHOT Show

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
Who do I send the bill to for babysitting REAPER for a night at SHOT? Bill
LOL - CDR-GreenBeretDudes, Ft. Bragg, NC should do it.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 20:10   #34
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

My pleasure.

I believe I bought the last round of tea, Sir, but I do owe you for the invite and Chris for the ride home. E Ticket trip there. You guys are a blast!

Send the Reapersitting bill to my wife.

Thanks!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 03-02-2004, 20:10   #35
Bill Harsey

Envelope has been addressed with invoice enclosed.
Old 03-02-2004, 20:23   #36
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

You would come out ahead billing me for knife advice, I suspect that you make more at that than you do babysitting.

TR

Old 03-02-2004, 20:24   #37
Bill Harsey

Oh Yeah, REAPER, Let me just give the short version of that "E Ticket" ride comment. Here's the setting, late at night in Las Vegas, Chris Reeve is driving. Chris has been drinking tea too. Chris used to be a Grand Prix motorcycle racer. Chris is now driving a one ton 4 wheel drive 6 pack truck. Chris is locked and loaded at the starting line of a race track also known as "The Strip", 100,000 (true figure) extra people are in this town for three major conventions, all at the same time. they are also all on "The Strip". Chris is allergic to going slow. We are not moving. This is going to get fun. Oh yeah, I forgot the part about having Reaper in the backseat. Reaper is in the back seat. Chris sees what may be an opening develop up ahead. This is kinda like being in that movie "The Matrix" Chris see's things before they happen. "The Force" tells him that there may be a parting of the sea and if he guns it hard, it will happen as he gets there. This becomes true. One side of his truck is wiped clean by the silk shirt of some babe riding on the back of her boyfriends motorcycle. We go one by, bike is still upright. Just another day at the office. Glad to be able to give you a ride home Reaper. Bill
Old 03-02-2004, 20:25   #38
Bill Harsey

Reaper, I should be PAYING you for the advice. THANKS! Bill
Old 03-02-2004, 21:05   #39
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

See, it was like this....

There were four of us in the truck, but only three in the story.

Raoul Duke (Mr. Reeve), Dr. Gonzo (Mr. Harsey), me (the Narrator), and this kid we found hitchhiking in the desert.

The story was called: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream"

We pick it up from the conversation in the truck:

"Raoul Duke: I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

Narrator: Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas, and a voice was screaming....

Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus. What are these god**** animals?

Dr. Gonzo: Did you say something?

Raoul Duke: Hm? Never mind. It's your turn to drive.

Narrator: No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough

Raoul Duke: What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Hitchhiker: Hot damn. I never rode in a convertible before.

Raoul Duke: Is that right? Well... I guess you're about ready, then, aren't you?

Dr. Gonzo: We're your friends. We're not like the others, man, really.

Raoul Duke: No more of that talk or I'll put the f***ing leeches on you, understand?

Dr. Gonzo: Heh heh heh...

Raoul Duke: Get in.

Narrator: How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

Dr. Gonzo: It's okay. He's just admiring the shape of your skull.

Narrator: Perhaps, if I explained things, he'd rest easy.

Raoul Duke: I want you to understand that this man at the wheel is my attorney. He's not just some dingbat I found on the strip, man. He's a foreigner. I think he's probably Samoan. But that doesn't matter, though, does it? Are you prejudiced?

Hitchhiker: Hell no!

Raoul Duke: I didn't think so. Because in spite of his race, this man is very valuable to me. Oh, shit. I forgot about the beer. You want one?

Hitchhiker: No.

Raoul Duke: How 'bout some ether?

Hitchhiker: What?

Raoul Duke: Never mind."

(TBC)

Old 03-02-2004, 21:23   #40
Bill Harsey

Yep, That's how I remember it.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:13   #41
Air.177
Quiet Professional

One of my Favorite Books and movies. Some of Hunter Thomson's other books are pretty out there as well, but entertaining none the less.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 13:22   #42
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
See, it was like this....

There were four of us in the truck, but only three in the story.

Raoul Duke (Mr. Reeve), Dr. Gonzo (Mr. Harsey), me (the Narrator), and this kid we found hitchhiking in the desert.

The story was called: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream"

We pick it up from the conversation in the truck:

"Raoul Duke: I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

Narrator: Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas, and a voice was screaming....

Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus. What are these god**** animals?

Dr. Gonzo: Did you say something?

Raoul Duke: Hm? Never mind. It's your turn to drive.

Narrator: No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough

Raoul Duke: What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Hitchhiker: Hot damn. I never rode in a convertible before.

Raoul Duke: Is that right? Well... I guess you're about ready, then, aren't you?

Dr. Gonzo: We're your friends. We're not like the others, man, really.

Raoul Duke: No more of that talk or I'll put the f***ing leeches on you, understand?

Dr. Gonzo: Heh heh heh...

Raoul Duke: Get in.

Narrator: How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

Dr. Gonzo: It's okay. He's just admiring the shape of your skull.

Narrator: Perhaps, if I explained things, he'd rest easy.

Raoul Duke: I want you to understand that this man at the wheel is my attorney. He's not just some dingbat I found on the strip, man. He's a foreigner. I think he's probably Samoan. But that doesn't matter, though, does it? Are you prejudiced?

Hitchhiker: Hell no!

Raoul Duke: I didn't think so. Because in spite of his race, this man is very valuable to me. Oh, shit. I forgot about the beer. You want one?

Hitchhiker: No.

Raoul Duke: How 'bout some ether?

Hitchhiker: What?

Raoul Duke: Never mind."

(TBC)
That is funny! I needed some humor today.

Thanks, TR:

Terry