Old 04-18-2008, 09:23   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

A7A strap revised.

Nice CCW & shooting belts.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index...50c0b76c5cc6b1

Giles gave me one of these a few years ago and I've been wearing it ever since. I keep misplacing it so I went to purchase two more. They didn't have my belt in stock (55 waist) so the nice lady made two of them for me while I waited.

They are great for CCW belts.

TS
Old 04-18-2008, 14:38   #2
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Wilderness is good stuff. I have one of their titanium "instructor" belts and one of their "Frequent Flier" belts, and I wear one or the other daily.

55" waist? I didn't think you were that big last time I saw you.

Good times,
Blake
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 15:22   #3
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
They didn't have my belt in stock (55 waist) so the nice lady made two of them for me while I waited.
35" waist maybe? Or do you plan to use it as a belt and an A7A strap...?
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 18:11   #4
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Think of it as a starter rope on the lawnmower - it doesn't work unless you've got a couple wraps around it first. FWIW - I got mine at the same time and it's still going strong. I wouldn't trade it for anything else I've seen. It's the standard by which I judge all nylon belts.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 18:21   #5
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

He must have been drinking toooo many beers and eating toooo many steaks..
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 20:04   #6
Razor
Quiet Professional

Naw, TS is carrying a TOW launcher IWB, so he needs the extra girth.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 18:28   #7
Capt_G
Asset

I wear a Frequent Flyer almost every day and love it.
Capt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:37   #8
jatx
Area Commander

I have had the Instructor belt w/ stiffener for about three years now. Have to agree with all the positive comments - superior piece of kit.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:53   #9
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
(55 waist)
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:58   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc View Post
So much for art of "misdirection".
Old 04-23-2008, 12:19   #11
dr. mabuse
Guerrilla Chief

Must be nice to have them as a local vendor. Good belts
"The difference is that back then, we had the intestinal fortitude to do what we needed to in order to preserve our territorial sovereignty and to protect the citizens of this great country, and today, we do not." TR

"I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits." John Locke
dr. mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:03   #12
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

He is part marsupial...carries one of the twins with him at all times......
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 21:27   #13
CoLawman
Area Commander

My guess is 32 inches.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:47   #14
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Naw TS is HUGE now, I just saw him a few weeks ago. Some where in the ballpark of 6-9 450lbs
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:48   #15
odoylerules
Asset

Great belt, I used a 5.11 knock off towards the end of my time in the Army, but now I have the Wilderness belt and it is way better, I use it whenever I don't have to have a "professional-looking" belt on, whether or not I'm carrying. The company is good people, too.
odoylerules is offline   Reply With Quote