Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-24-2010, 13:08   #1
j942rhino
Asset

Cool Pro-deals for Military Personnel

Here's a heads up for you current members and those of you who haven't yet joined the team. We've just added New Balance with a 50% off retail discount to our military team on www.promotive.com/ext/tactical. Our current list of tactical brands are Crimson Trace, Eberlestock Packs, Vortex Optics, SOG Knives & Tools, Suunto, Adventure Med. Kits, Timex, Leupold Tactical, Princeton Tec. We also have about 50+ non-tactical brands with serious pro-discounts. No fee to join. You just have to apply to be vetted.
j942rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 14:47   #2
Defender968
SF Candidate

Is there a code for this team?

Thanks
Defender968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 16:21   #3
caveman
Guerrilla

If you read the little letters it says the code is optional, I had to look twice myself.
Old 02-24-2010, 18:13   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

Do they have any good deals on night vision devices? I hear that the really good stuff is about to hit the market and I'd like to try and buy some before they are all gone.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 21:29   #5
Defender968
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
If you read the little letters it says the code is optional, I had to look twice myself.
Caveman I read the small letters, that’s not the code I was asking about, the code I was referring to was the team code for the tactical team, if you get the code it lets you go right in as opposed to waiting to be approved.
Defender968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:26   #6
regular guy
Asset

stellar referral! Thanks for the direction!
regular guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:15   #7
regular guy
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender968 View Post
Caveman I read the small letters, that’s not the code I was asking about, the code I was referring to was the team code for the tactical team, if you get the code it lets you go right in as opposed to waiting to be approved.
FYI I got approved within about 2 hours. Not a biggie. Who is gonna get a $700 Suunto for $430? Me. Everyone knows that looking cool is halfway to high speed. Airsofters are gonna think I am the HEAT!

Old 02-27-2010, 17:13   #8
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

I tried typing that Code they sent me in five times. It keeps saying invalid code
Old 02-28-2010, 17:59   #9
regular guy
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz View Post
I tried typing that Code they sent me in five times. It keeps saying invalid code
Not the SME on this but...

That first email I got had the code to register my account initially, and then they sent that second code for the 'team'. I made that mistake first, and didn't understand why it didn't work.

I don't know if they sent you a different type of account than the one I got, but for the 'team' approval there were two options: either manually enter the code or click on the hyperlink and it will bring you to the page automatically. One didn't work and I had to work the other a couple times to get it right.

Good luck! Can't praise Rhino enough for this hook up.
Old 03-06-2010, 14:06   #10
crazyjake123
Quiet Professional

Additional Pro Deals

http://www.merrellprodeal.com/

http://prodeal.montrail.com/

http://prodeal.mountainhardwear.com/

http://thenorthface.promotive.com/

http://pro.patagonia.com/

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/

http://www.promotive.com/
Code= E49C-C9A4-8285-B852

Happy Shopping
crazyjake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 13:57   #11
j942rhino
Asset

Smith Elite on Promotive

We just launched Smith Elite eye wear on the Promotive site. Pretty deep discounts to team members. There are some pretty high speed brands in the pipeline that will be coming live soon. Enjoy.
j942rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:20   #12
bosljeff
SF Candidate

What do you do for all the sites that require "managers" and all that type of BS?

I promise, I graduated long ago....
bosljeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 18:32   #13
crazyjake123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosljeff View Post
What do you do for all the sites that require "managers" and all that type of BS?
Just put in your direct line supervisor. Whoever it may be, I have never had a company contact that person, and I have all of the pro purchases I listed. I put in my Squad Leader for my IODA. You pick.
crazyjake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:40   #14
Koa18B
Asset

A big +1 to you sir! just getting ready to order some New Balance running shoes!

Last edited by Koa18B; 03-15-2010 at 23:34.
Koa18B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 20:51   #15
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa18B View Post
A big +1 to you sir! just getting ready to order my wife and I some New Balance running shoes!
Might want to slow down there and confirm that as an okay purchase. I of course don't know your specific situation but typically with all pro deal type sites there is a strict regulation against ordering for family and friends. The deal is extended to us (you) as the professional and handing it off to family members threatens the chance for all of us to keep enjoying the perks.

If I am off an New Balance in particular or you specifically have something else worked out that allows such a purpose than by all means just take this as a broad PSA for everyone purchasing.
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote