Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 05-15-2009, 19:17   #16
abc_123
Quiet Professional

good results from blitzz protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
Got it. Too much weight. Didn't have your stuff with me on exactly how to figure out the start weight, so I just picked something in girl-weight territory and started in. Regardless... I got humbled.

WIll have to try it the right way. Need to figure out how to work around the limitations of the place where I work out....and get myself committed to good record-keeping.
Hey Blitzz,

Progress report.

I'm still not doing what I should in the record keeping department, but I did decrease the weight and kept at it. Gotta tell you that I just took a PT test and bumped up my pushups by 12 reps over last and got my # reps up where they haven't been in a couple of years and a more than a couple of lbs. I did widen my hand positioning a bit, which I think may have helped me, but I credit a lot of the improvement to your lifting protocol.

After doing a multi-exercise upper body circuit using this style of lifting, I'm SMOKED. Those light weights are all fun and games until circuit #3 and about 40 reps....

I like it.
Old 05-16-2009, 19:27   #17
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Thanks for the up date,and hope you have good progress.

Do reread your blitz info for fine tuning. And I like to call it an exercise system not a lifting protocal , even if that does sound better. Dave

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 20:57   #18
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
Do reread your blitz info for fine tuning. And I like to call it an exercise system not a lifting protocal , even if that does sound better. Dave
Dave.

Oh, I've read it....and I understand it. I'm just not doing it. For instance, I arbitrarily upped the weights because I was motivated after doing what I did on this week's PT test. And now I'm sore as hell. Yes, I know your system says that that means that I used too much weight. But I wanted to do it...you know?
Old 05-16-2009, 22:49   #19
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

The soreness is your Que to decrease weight. the 20% formula works without pain. ain means you will not achieve the optimum results. I know it's hard "not to do more" but the truth is you don't. Strat weight done at goal speed x 3 circuits=increase weight 20% ---->next workout will be about 10 to 12 reps slower than goal, but you will return to gaol by one or two workouts. Then you bump up weight again at 20% of work weighrt

in the end the resultd will be faster than you believe it will. This is a finely tuned system and all devences will affect outcome negitvely. Sorry Blitzzz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote