Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-30-2020, 18:04   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Fayetteville Market House Burned

Protests in Fayetteville turn violent.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...-fayetteville/

Looks like it was peaceful, till is wasn't.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 20:30   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Hopefully it was not damaged too much....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 23:51   #3
PSM
Area Commander

I guessing "Fail at this station":

https://twitter.com/ihateyoutyIer/st...88625750507521

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:15   #4
Pete
Quiet Professional

Fayetteville protestors take urban unrest to a whole new level.

Some drive out to the Mall to loot JC Penny. JC Penny???????

Although the complete Sears building is gone there is still Belk and Macy's. Plus all the little glass front stores outside along the "L" formed by Macy's and Belk.

JC Penny???????
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:19   #5
Pete
Quiet Professional

Reading the time line in the FayOb it appears the Mayor must have told the police to let the mob have the Market House area.

https://www.fayobserver.com/news/202...oss-creek-mall
Old 05-31-2020, 02:21   #6
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Here in Los Angeles:

News chopper showing a group of thugs trashing and looting a small business.

At the same time:

A reporter on the ground is interviewing a BLM member complaining the police are very threatening, treating them like criminals.

Luckily, face masks are required in LA at all times, even when looting. Its about saving lives.

LHC
Old 05-31-2020, 12:18   #7
Airbornelawyer

If you and a friend want to loot a big screen TV, make sure to get one big enough so you can maintain 6 feet of social distancing while you carry it.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 13:25   #8
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Th Wuhan Virus ???

This "unrest" !!! is a primary symptom of Chinese Virus....
The vaccine for prevention comes out of the barrel of a SHOT GUN...I think Mao said this ....
Old 05-31-2020, 14:47   #9
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
This "unrest" !!! is a primary symptom of Chinese Virus....
The vaccine for prevention comes out of the barrel of a SHOT GUN...I think Mao said this ....
I have a 35yr old mossberg 500 that i was planning on upgrading. 18.5" blued barrels out of stock everywhere
Old 05-31-2020, 15:14   #10
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Did I read that the family was going to bring Mr Floyd to Fayetteville for a family viewing? Has that happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
I have a 35yr old mossberg 500 that i was planning on upgrading. 18.5" blued barrels out of stock everywhere
One of my bucket list items is to get my 1962 Browning Belgian FN A5, that I received for my 12BD, Cut. My father, bless his soul, was old school and swore that a shotgun needs 30inch barrels to be effective. I would like to get mine cut to 20inch and have it threaded for choke tubes. Why still on the list, a friend gave me an old Ithica M-37 Police, 18inch open bore, that slam fires nicely,

Thank you very much

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 05-31-2020 at 15:16.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 18:19   #11
Pete
Quiet Professional

And we are under curfew until 0600.
Old 05-31-2020, 21:37   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Did I read that the family was going to bring Mr Floyd to Fayetteville for a family viewing? Has that happened?

One of my bucket list items is to get my 1962 Browning Belgian FN A5, that I received for my 12BD, Cut. My father, bless his soul, was old school and swore that a shotgun needs 30inch barrels to be effective. I would like to get mine cut to 20inch and have it threaded for choke tubes. Why still on the list, a friend gave me an old Ithica M-37 Police, 18inch open bore, that slam fires nicely,

Thank you very much
Not sure I would chop a significantly personal and valuable weapon like an Auto 5. You will ruin its value and utility.

Until the Wuhan virus, you could have bought a nice new Mossberg riot gun for $400 or so.

Lesson learned: Don't wait till a crisis hits to make your preparations.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 00:39   #13
mojaveman
Area Commander

Ok, we're not supposed to post Y*****e videos anymore but there's a funny one on there of the arsonists torching the Fayetteville Market House. Looks like one of them accidently spilled a flammable substance on himself.

Sometimes karma can be instant.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 00:59   #14
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Ok, we're not supposed to post Y*****e videos anymore but there's a funny one on there of the arsonists torching the Fayetteville Market House. Looks like one of them accidently spilled a flammable substance on himself.

Sometimes karma can be instant.
Check out post #3 above.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:52   #15
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Not sure I would chop a significantly personal and valuable weapon like an Auto 5. You will ruin its value and utility.

Until the Wuhan virus, you could have bought a nice new Mossberg riot gun for $400 or so.

Lesson learned: Don't wait till a crisis hits to make your preparations.

TR
You ain't kidding. Im good on 5.56 snd launchers, but was going to buy a riot barrel for a 35yr old mossberg 500. Nope. It would be easier for me to find big foot.