Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-16-2019, 11:05   #421
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I think the author has one very dangerous point of view that undermines the very premise of his paper...

"most of the people in the military are Trump supporters"

Are they?
Really?
Are "most" of them really Trump supporters?

The military is a cross section of society - more now than ever before because we have decided to let in all the freaks and side show performers because - 'muh equality

I only work with a small cross section but believe me when I say, there are PLENTY of field grade officers and senior NCO's (E7 and above) in the US Army that openly declare their belief that gun control reform is needed. There are field grade officers and senior NCOs that think the gender-war progress in the Army is moving along juuuust fine. There are field grade officers and senior NCOs that openly discuss their distaste with how the POTUS does business. I've even heard professional soldiers say "how can you have a daughter and support Donald Trump"
...you know, because Donald Trump is lurking in your daughters closet just waiting to corrupt your children

How many of our 'pop culture' generals and admirals advertise their staunch support of the current POTUS?
How many of them reached such heights by silently advancing the policy agenda of the last POTUS?
How many of them JUMPED at the chance to stop the social agenda of the last POTUS when they had the chance under the current POTUS?
How many of them are willing to send a seditious OpEd to a major news paper?
How many of them quit when they had a policy difference with the POTUS that didnt include a nonstop war in the middle east?

A growing number of Soldiers Sailors Marines and Airmen identify with pop culture trends and NOT traditional American values. The social experimentation with the military is still going full bore with full support of current military leaders even though the services could slow roll or table most of them and the POTUS wouldn't say a word.
Assuming that MOST of the military supports President Trump is a good way to end up as disappointed as Bill Clintons wife was when she found out that her coronation dinner for later that evening had been cancelled.

...just my two cents - I could be wrong
exactly
Old 11-16-2019, 22:05   #422
Uman
Quiet Professional

Sooter I agree

Scooter, I am saying even in the Golden Age of SF it did not really understand its mission like say the Soviets understood revolutionary warfare. SF was birthed under the wrong model. We should have not done the OSS OG model but the OSS DET 101, 404, 505 (sister units of 101, check your history). These were the more correct model to pattern ourselves after, (see Pollack essay on the birth os SF, as it used to be under the PSYOPS Corp). The former Commanders and members of MACV-SOG admit that when their directive to start an insurgency in North Vietnam was shut down that organization lost its strategic impact.

We lack a full understanding of the Political Warfare that goes on in the Village War. Read this as it lays out how a VSO takes over a village one village at a time. It was written by an SF Officer as his thesis for one of the schools in Leavenworth. It is now on the Small Wars reading list after I sent it to them. It should be in every SF library. And you can see it happening today in the US.
https://www.amazon.com/Village-War-R...3963335&sr=8-3

Rules For The Radical needs to be read by every SF Operator too as it is a blueprint for local political warfare.
Uman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:45   #423
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by*Box*
I think the author has one very dangerous point of view that undermines the very premise of his paper...

"most of the people in the military are Trump supporters"

Are they?
Really?
Are "most" of them really Trump supporters?

Wasn't sure to put the article linked below in the "commie ring knocker" thread or here. Nevertheless, the following, if true, is deeply disturbing. Why is Vindman still in the "White House"? How many in DoD are participating in this coup?

Quote:
Despite his admitted usurpation of President Trump policy, Vindman was sent back to his post in the NSC with the full support of the United States Department of Defense.

The onus of action to remove Vindman from the NSC does not just lay simply at the feet of the White House and National Security advisor Robert O’Brien; and upon whose action the removal of Vindman*could be positioned as political; the necessary, albeit difficult or perhaps challenging, obligation to remove Lt. Col Vindman also resides purposefully with the Dept. of Defense.

The Pentagon could easily withdraw Vindman from his position at the National Security Council; yet, it does not…. and it has not. **WHY?

There is a code within the military whereby you never put your leadership into a position of compromise; ie. “never compromise your leadership”.* In this example, President Trump cannot remove Vindman from the White House NSC advisory group due to political ramifications and appearances… The Joint Chiefs certainly recognize this issue; it is the very type of compromise they are trained to remove.* Yet they do nothing to remove the compromise.* They do nothing to assist.

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman was the majority (#1) source for the material CIA operative Eric Ciaramella used in a collaborative effort to remove President Trump from office.* Let me make this implication*crystal clear:

The United States Military is collaborating with the CIA to remove a U.S. President from office.
The rest here: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...l/#more-176244
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:06   #424
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Cont.

[QUOTE]
Do you see the issue now?

The Pentagon has done nothing, absolutely nothing, to countermand this implication/reality. The Joint Chiefs of Staff have done nothing, absolutely nothing, to diminish the appearance of, nor deconstruct the agenda toward, the removal of President Trump.

Mr. President, do I have your attention?

On Tuesday, Nov. 19th, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is scheduled to appear in an intentionally shortened morning congressional session along with his ally Jennifer Williams, an aide to Vice President Mike Pence.

In the afternoon, Kurt D. Volker, the former United States special envoy to Ukraine, and Timothy Morrison, a Europe and Russia expert for the National Security Council will appear.

The timing, construct and purposeful design of Vindman’s appearance next week is being intentionally buried within the totality of the narrative that surrounds the impeachment effort. Perhaps, just perhaps, someone reading this will start to put the purposefully obfuscated pieces of the coup puzzle together and act quickly…./QUOTE]

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...l/#more-176244
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:32   #425
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I think they have to keep up the appearance of neutrality while this all plays out in the court of public opinion.

When, not if, but when the Shop-Vac is turned on to drain the swamp a lot of people are (hopefully) going to be charged with treason or a new form of sedition (since that 244 year old law was abolished by BHO.) Vindman has other UCMJ actions to worry about and probably that he is the leaky faucet in the NSC / WH and will be found to have leaked sensitive information for which he will be subject to Courts Martial. He has already said as much under oath that he spoke to others without a need to know.

Either that or a lot of State Department, CIA/NSC and DoD folks associated with these shitbirds are going to be released and/or reassigned as collateral damage.

In fact, I would believe after this circus leaves town so will anyone in government that was appointed by or allowed to keep their job from any administrative before this one if they have any possible motive to undermine the POTUS.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 14:55   #426
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I think they have to keep up the appearance of neutrality while this all plays out in the court of public opinion.

When, not if, but when the Shop-Vac is turned on to drain the swamp a lot of people are (hopefully) going to be charged with treason or a new form of sedition (since that 244 year old law was abolished by BHO.) Vindman has other UCMJ actions to worry about and probably that he is the leaky faucet in the NSC / WH and will be found to have leaked sensitive information for which he will be subject to Courts Martial. He has already said as much under oath that he spoke to others without a need to know.

Either that or a lot of State Department, CIA/NSC and DoD folks associated with these shitbirds are going to be released and/or reassigned as collateral damage.

In fact, I would believe after this circus leaves town so will anyone in government that was appointed by or allowed to keep their job from any administrative before this one if they have any possible motive to undermine the POTUS.
I hope even some democrats can see the need for wholesale clean-out of many of the establishment “interagency” actors. The sabotage levied against this president is unprecedented. Objective folks can see that this must never again happen to any president no matter political party affiliation.

While awaiting the IG and Durham reports, it does appear that the line was crossed by some very high ranking folks in the Obama administration...malicious and illegal or stupid and grossly negligent or both - take your pick - but there appear to be no good answers regarding some elite insider behavior.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 17:13   #427
Uman
Quiet Professional

The DOD and others need a George C Marshall

The DOD and the rest of the Executive Branch needs a house cleaning like Marshall did prior to WWII, 500 officer down to LTC level.
Old 11-18-2019, 17:44   #428
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uman View Post
The DOD and the rest of the Executive Branch needs a house cleaning like Marshall did prior to WWII, 500 officer down to LTC level.
Sounds like an excellent starting point.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 18:03   #429
bubba
Quiet Professional

For Mr. Horowitz

Thought I’d leave this here for the IG Mr. Horowitz to use when signaling to AG Barr and Mr. Durham.

2BA08B60-E043-431F-86BD-FF0AD88E6191.jpeg

The base-of fire element has been emplaced and is set to open up at a “rapid rate” on or about 11 Dec 2019. This break-contact by the dims is about to get some 4:1 love!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...eillance-abuse
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 11-18-2019 at 18:20.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 19:52   #430
Uman
Quiet Professional

Nice Bubba

Trump also just used some political warfare maneuvering with the pardons of the Working Class/Ranks Pipe Hitters Union in the military. He just won the Union over out from under the Deep Staters both in uniform and out in the DOD.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:36   #431
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uman View Post
Trump also just used some political warfare maneuvering with the pardons of the Working Class/Ranks Pipe Hitters Union in the military. He just won the Union over out from under the Deep Staters both in uniform and out in the DOD.
Concur. The timing was not coincidental with the timing of Vindman testimony.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-19-2019, 07:59   #432
Box
Quiet Professional

If he REALLY wants to "win over" the "union... he needs to fire a left leaning G.O.

It's not like he doesn't know how to fire people - shit, DJT saying, "You're fired" is the only reason some Americans even know who he is.

Just like the old urban legend of punching the biggest guy in the prison yard on your first day in the Pen' - you gotta set a precedent.
Bring in a G.O. - ask him why something hasn't succeeded yet -
...wrong answer
You're fired

Then watch the cockroaches scatter
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:42   #433
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
If he REALLY wants to "win over" the "union... he needs to fire a left leaning G.O.

It's not like he doesn't know how to fire people - shit, DJT saying, "You're fired" is the only reason some Americans even know who he is.

Just like the old urban legend of punching the biggest guy in the prison yard on your first day in the Pen' - you gotta set a precedent.
Bring in a G.O. - ask him why something hasn't succeeded yet -
...wrong answer
You're fired

Then watch the cockroaches scatter
Carrots and sticks. Stick is coming. And both, when properly applied do tend to move things.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 11-19-2019 at 08:55.
Old 11-19-2019, 14:55   #434
CSB
Quiet Professional

https://www.armyt*imes.com/news/your...icly-on-trump/

From the article quoted above:

“I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen,
and I was worried about the implications to the U.S. Government’s support of Ukraine,”
Vindman said in his deposition.

My first reaction, as one Lieutenant Colonel talking about another Lieutenant Colonel:
Who the fuck are you to testify in a hearing in the House of representatives as to what YOU feel is improper of the president?
Report all the facts you want, and just the facts, in response to questions, but save your opinion
to the time after you have turned in your uniform and moved into retirement.

Would we allow a LTC to testify "Well, in my opinion, General Hopscotch had his head up his ass
when he cancelled the C-17 assembly line."

(An aside: Don't know if there is any reason why he would wear a uniform the first time he testified,
but a business suit the second time. Curious.)

Perhaps LTC Vindman should read the oath of office that President Trump took upon his assuming the office of President:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States,
and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

And what are the duties of the Office of the President?
Again, let us look to the Constitution:

Article II, Section 3: “… he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed …”.

Imagine that! A President who actually takes care that the laws be faithfully executed. He is, on the federal level,
the “Top Cop” with a constitutional duty to root out crime and corruption where ever he may find it, both domestic and foreign
(to the extent it violated United States laws).

Crimes such as failure to report foreign income, the same crime that put Paul Manafort in jail;
or being an unregistered foreign agent, the same offense that former General Michael Flynn was convicted of.
The Democrats had no problem with those investigations,
and when crimes were discovered, the defendant’s being prosecuted.

Did Obama “take care that the laws be faithfully executed?”

Hell no, in fact, his DACA program was nothing short of a presidential declaration that he would NOT enforce the laws as written.
Don’t get me started on the ATF “walking” guns into Mexico in violation of federal law.

Did President Trump demand that Hunter Biden be arrested?

Did he request that Joe and/or Hunter Biden be jailed?

NO.

President Trump had the audacity to request that there be an investigation — that’s all, just an investigation —
of what took place under the Obama/Biden administration to see if laws were broken, because you damn well know for sure
that a coverup and whitewash was all that would take place when Obama/Biden held office.

But the Democrats absolutely will not stand for an investigation,
they know too well what might emerge if those rocks are turned over.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 16:37   #435
Uman
Quiet Professional

The first round a Trump's ax job

The first people to be made an example of are the Navy and Army JAG and Chain Of Command people involved in withholding evidence in the Gallagher and Lt Lorance cases. If they are retired call them back on active duty just to burn them, to include any Flag Officer who made these decisions or knew about it and did not speak up.