Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 11-24-2015, 11:38   #16
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRod163 View Post
You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.

Col. Aaron Bank, 101, Dies; Was 'Father of Special Forces

Two mistakes, one you didn't do enough research and two you mentioned athletes with warriors.

Spare us your "education".
Old 11-24-2015, 13:27   #17
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
Nah...that was a cheap Chinese knockoff with high levels of lead in it.
Back in the days the Romans ruled, lead content in food stuffs was very high. They liked the added flavor, and that was all that was important. The hand made pottery drinking cups, dishes and cooking pans all had high lead content.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 15:20   #18
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Col. Aaron Bank, 101, Dies; Was 'Father of Special Forces

Two mistakes, one you didn't do enough research and two you mentioned athletes with warriors.

Spare us your "education".
I met a few US Army fellas a few years back(including one former Ranger REGT/SF 18D) who are MDs/PAs now(both in private practice and still part time in Gang Green).

They had some really neat stuff to say about proactive/assertive self-care and health-care(they focused on helping people to live healthier rather than reacting to illness often stemming from poor lifestyle choices).

They also were moving into the Stem Cell space. That sounded really cool, but quickly went over my head.

In short, there seems to be a lot of cool stuff going on out there, but I've noticed two things:

1)Finding the wheat from the chaff can be a challenge, thankfully there's some pre-vetting that helps narrow down the research

2)Like SF stuff, healthcare and selfcare seems to be all about the fundamentals. And the fundamentals don't seem to change radically, just refine a bit over time.

Not to sound morbid or Frankenstein-y, but I'm hoping DARPA or some other big brain outfit has DNA samples of folks like Col Bank and other positive outlier human beings to see what we can learn from it.

Those US fellas I met were not only a great bunch of fellas to have a few beers with, but left me thinking the potential for human performance has only been scratched.

Hopefully it helps stem(cell) the tide of idiocracy someday.

All I know is I hope the weird green smoothies my better half has me drinking daily actually work and aren't a joke at my daily expense......a microbrew breakfast beer would certainly taste better.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 15:48   #19
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I met a few US Army fellas a few years back(including one former Ranger REGT/SF 18D) who are MDs/PAs now(both in private practice and still part time in Gang Green).

They had some really neat stuff to say about proactive/assertive self-care and health-care(they focused on helping people to live healthier rather than reacting to illness often stemming from poor lifestyle choices).

They also were moving into the Stem Cell space. That sounded really cool, but quickly went over my head.

In short, there seems to be a lot of cool stuff going on out there, but I've noticed two things:

1)Finding the wheat from the chaff can be a challenge, thankfully there's some pre-vetting that helps narrow down the research

2)Like SF stuff, healthcare and selfcare seems to be all about the fundamentals. And the fundamentals don't seem to change radically, just refine a bit over time.

Not to sound morbid or Frankenstein-y, but I'm hoping DARPA or some other big brain outfit has DNA samples of folks like Col Bank and other positive outlier human beings to see what we can learn from it.

Those US fellas I met were not only a great bunch of fellas to have a few beers with, but left me thinking the potential for human performance has only been scratched.

Hopefully it helps stem(cell) the tide of idiocracy someday.

All I know is I hope the weird green smoothies my better half has me drinking daily actually work and aren't a joke at my daily expense......a microbrew breakfast beer would certainly taste better.
Leafy green stuff works.
My Cope was green at one time...
Old 11-25-2015, 09:40   #20
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Leafy green stuff works.
My Cope was green at one time...
How did it taste on a salad though? It is a good de-wormer.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 15:13   #21
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Beam was sold to Suntory a Japanese conglomerate.
Jim Beam-San
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 15:54   #22
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
How did it taste on a salad though? It is a good de-wormer.
Just another benefit.
It's also a good buzz and it repels womenfolk. Repulses womenfolk, I should say...
Old 11-25-2015, 23:44   #23
VVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDZ View Post
Jim Beam-San
I'm sipping some Old Grand Dad 114 ( a Beam product ) right now and it's all American...no Nippon influence at all.
Old 11-26-2015, 00:05   #24
Flagg
Area Commander

Just had an American gang green fella visit and went our for a few gentlemanly beverages.

He turned me onto something called Monkey Shoulder.

Nice drop that.

If it kills me quicker, so be it. I reckon it's worth it.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:50   #25
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

What happened to BigRod???

On another note, Old Granddad is good stuff at a good price - I've lately been on a Maker's Mark 46 and 1792 kick for my bourbons, and there's a distillery 15 minutes from my new AO that puts out some pretty good stuff.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:03   #26
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:

On another note, Old Granddad is good stuff at a good price - I've lately been on a Maker's Mark 46 and 1792 kick for my bourbons, and there's a distillery 15 minutes from my new AO that puts out some pretty good stuff.
You need to see if you can get Neversweat, from Missoula MT.... you will enjoy it, and OOLA from the Palouse area of WA...

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 16:05   #27
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:

Bushmills, I just can't help myself when it comes to this Irish Whiskey. It is said, that God himself invented Bushmills to keep the Irish from running the world.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 16:56   #28
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 View Post
Bushmills, I just can't help myself when it comes to this Irish Whiskey. It is said, that God himself invented Bushmills to keep the Irish from running the world.
Ever try the Bushmills 400th anniversary stuff?

I saw it in the airport a couple times and was a dumbass walking past it.

Quite cheap then, harder to come by now.
Old 11-26-2015, 21:08   #29
VVVV

Tonight I'm relieving my oxidative stress with some Booker's 2015-1 Barrel Proof (128.7 proof).....another great bourbon from Beam-Suntory!
Old 11-27-2015, 08:46   #30
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Should we ask the admins to merge this with the whiskey thread?
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote