Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Africa

Old 07-01-2011, 03:56   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

Clinton: U.S. 'would welcome' dialogue with Muslim Brotherhood

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/...html?hpt=hp_t2

"................."We believe, given the changing political landscape in Egypt, that it is in the interests of the United States to engage with all parties that are peaceful and committed to nonviolence, that intend to compete for the parliament and the presidency," she told reporters in Budapest, Hungary. "And we welcome, therefore, dialogue with those Muslim Brotherhood members who wish to talk with us."............."

30 or 40 years from now folks are going to be sitting around saying "How the Hell did it get to this?"

"...........But, she added, any such contacts "will continue to emphasize the importance of and support for democratic principles, and especially a commitment to nonviolence, respect for minority rights, and the full inclusion of women in any democracy. You cannot leave out half the population and claim that you are committed to democracy."................"

Lets all hold our breath on that one.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:03   #2
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Typical.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:53   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Quote:
30 or 40 years from now folks are going to be sitting around saying

"How the Hell did it get to this?"

Lets all hold our breath on that one.
Better yet,,, Let's All Sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H-MeS6LhhU

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 07-01-2011 at 11:05.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:06   #4
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Better yet,,, Let's All Sign

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31   #5
incarcerated
Area Commander

"There is no space between the United States and Israel when it comes to Israel's security,"
--Vice President Joe Biden to Benjamin Netanyahu, March 9, 2010.

“We can trust our doctors to be professional, to minister equally to their patients without regard to their political or religious beliefs. But we can no longer trust our professors to do the same." --David Horowitz

Last edited by incarcerated; 07-01-2011 at 09:34.
incarcerated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:15   #6
Sigaba
Area Commander

Sounds to me like the secretary of state is backing the MB into a corner. We can talk, but we're going to set the agenda, and the topics of conversation are ones that will expose you for what you are: irrelevant to the legitimate concerns of the people you claim to represent.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 14:13   #7
rdret1
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
Sounds to me like the secretary of state is backing the MB into a corner. We can talk, but we're going to set the agenda, and the topics of conversation are ones that will expose you for what you are: irrelevant to the legitimate concerns of the people you claim to represent.
Sounds more to me that she is saying what swing voters in America want to hear. Behind closed doors, she is probably telling the MB just the opposite. I don't trust the Hun any farther than I could throw her.

~ Paul Brunton (1898-1981)

R.D. Winters
rdret1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 00:55   #8
incarcerated
Area Commander

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Se...=0&item=145361

IDF: Flotilla, Hamas Have Similar Funding

Tammuz 1, 5771, 03 July 11 05:27
by David Lev
....The flotilla is being funded in large part by three Islamic charity funds from the Hamas-affiliated Charity Coalition, which directly fund Hamas and other terror groups.

Among the funds is the European Campaign to End the Siege (ECESG), a UK-based umbrella organization of more than thirty Europe-based organizations; it openly supports Hamas. Most of its organizations ― founded as Muslim Brotherhood branches in Europe ― are participating in the 2011 Gaza flotilla. Israeli military sources found that some of these umbrella organizations are sponsors of Hamas terror activity in Gaza....

“We can trust our doctors to be professional, to minister equally to their patients without regard to their political or religious beliefs. But we can no longer trust our professors to do the same." --David Horowitz
Old 07-03-2011, 06:38   #9
Five-O
Guerrilla Chief

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/p18757.xml

A good article that "expose's" (for the 1,000th time) the muslim brotherhood and their global objectives.
Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:50   #10
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
I think that's a very accurate interpretation of the SecState's 'political speak' in this situation.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:17   #11
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

YES, "Let's Sing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Better yet,,, Let's All Sing

"STAND BY YOUR MAN" The Sect. of State will forgive everything and anything. The MB think as much about freedom and democracy for woman as I think about the devil....The bullshit will stop, when the hammer drops. The MB needs to be taught a harsh lesson...Regard's, tom kelly
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:12   #12
wet dog

Teaching the MB a hard leason

So when the war starts, (here, USA), how will civilians be used? Because, Army and Guard will not be able to do this themselves. LEO will be over-whelmed, taxed to the extreme, how does "good 'ol boy Ricky" from Texas engage the enemy within the confines of law and rules of landware?
Old 07-04-2011, 13:05   #13
incarcerated
Area Commander

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/07/04/o...herhood/print/

Obama Reaches Out to the Muslim Brotherhood

Posted By Robert Spencer On July 4, 2011
The Obama administration is set to begin formal contacts with the Muslim Brotherhood, a group dedicated in its own words to “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within, and sabotaging its miserable house.”

This news came in a Reuters report Wednesday, quoting a “senior U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.” Why this official felt it necessary to speak on condition of anonymity is a mystery, given the fact that Barack Obama has never made a secret of his solicitude for the Muslim Brotherhood. Even though the Brotherhood was still outlawed in Egypt at that time, he made a point of inviting leaders of the group to attend his speech to the Islamic world in Cairo on June 4, 2009.

Not only that. Obama included the leader of a Muslim Brotherhood-linked group that had been named an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case among the clerics giving a prayer during his inauguration ceremonies: Ingrid Mattson, then-president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), offered this prayer at the National Cathedral on Obama’s Inauguration Day – despite the fact that ISNA has admitted its ties to the Brotherhood. In fact, so overwhelming is the evidence of ISNA’s involvement with the Brotherhood and Hamas that the previous summer, federal prosecutors had rejected a request from ISNA to remove its unindicted co-conspirator status. Obama even sent his Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett to be the keynote speaker at ISNA’s national convention in 2009....

Old 07-04-2011, 13:51   #14
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
So when the war starts, (here, USA), how will civilians be used? Because, Army and Guard will not be able to do this themselves. LEO will be over-whelmed, taxed to the extreme, how does "good 'ol boy Ricky" from Texas engage the enemy within the confines of law and rules of landware?

I figure if and when that day comes current PC laws and rules will be cast to the side, some like minded people will find each other and enact some new ROE of their own.
Old 07-04-2011, 19:25   #15
TrapLine
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
At that time I will be looking for someone trained in UW and raising guerilla forces to ask, "Is there anything I can do to help?"