Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-07-2017, 17:31   #16
cbtengr
Area Commander

Even if Trump had been POTUS when he made his comments we have a precedent regarding this type of presidential opining. If that argument did not work for Charlie it should not work for the traitor Bergdahl.

manson.jpg
Old 02-08-2017, 07:57   #17
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Lots of precedent

Yeah - there's been quite a bit of presidential opining in legal cases. Funny how some are so quick to forget these things. This is just one of several.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoodFuckingRiddance.JPG (53.0 KB, 81 views)
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:22   #18
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
That piece of shit should have never made it out of Afghanistan alive.
Totally agree, he abandoned his post, put his fellow soldiers lives at risk, and he is in every word a traitor to this Country. American soldiers died searching for that little imp, he is getting off way too cheap.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 15:51   #19
LarryW
Area Commander

The Rose Garden Hero Who "Served with Distinction"

This asshat should be in prison orange with a buzz-cut. He dishonors the uniform.

Now, the defense asshats are trying to blame Trump for the fact that they don't have a leg to stand on!

Quote:

Bergdahl Hearing Expected to Focus on Criticism from Trump

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...=todayinmil.sm

RALEIGH, N.C. — Lawyers for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will try to convince a judge that he cannot get a fair trial on charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy because of highly charged statements made by President Donald Trump.

A pretrial hearing Monday before a military judge at Fort Bragg is expected to focus on statements that Trump made during the presidential campaign. Trump called Bergdahl a "traitor" repeatedly and said he deserved a harsh punishment.

Bergdahl is scheduled for trial in April. He is accused of endangering the lives of soldiers who searched for him after he walked off his post in Afghanistan in 2009.

Military prosecutors say reasonable observers would understand that Trump's comments amounted to campaign rhetoric and should not be taken literally.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 18:59   #20
Habu-MFFI 175
Quiet Professional

Sure they will blame anyone but that guilty bastard.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:07   #21
Toaster
Guerrilla

LTC Sinclair's lawyers made the case that Obama's comments towards sexual assault in the military unduly influenced the impartiality of him getting a fair trial. I do not recall if it was successful or not.

Bergdahl doesn't have the amount of money that Sinclair had to throw at lawyers. Though it's possible that the ACLU or some other activist group might put something into the coffers of the traitors defense.

Don't know how it'll turn out, it's bound to be both interesting and disgusting.

"Nothing is more dangerous than an NCO or Officer who has been taught a technique or method, but doesn't understand the underlying principles or the "why" behind it." -MtnGoat

"How can someone improve their ability to lead? Die to self.

The most rewarding thing a leader will receive is having someone place their life in your hands and say, I will follow you." -SGT Gary Beikirch
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:32   #22
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Traitor/Coward Bowe Bergdahl

This is what the "left" is good at, never ever take the blame/responsibility. Instead when guilty as hell blame someone else, Wag the Dog, or look for an excuse.

Traitor/Coward Bowe Bergdahl you should have never been allowed to wear the uniform of the United States Army and you should have never been allowed to walk off the battlefield alive. You are nothing but a bottom feeding, Traitor/Coward, scumbag.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:43   #23
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

This is what the "left" is good at, never ever take the blame/responsibility. Instead when guilty as hell blame someone else, Wag the Dog, or look for an excuse.

Traitor/Coward Bowe Bergdahl you should have never been allowed to wear the uniform of the United States Army and you should have never been allowed to walk off the battlefield alive. You are nothing but a bottom feeding, Traitor/Coward, scumbag.
Well, I do need practice on the firing range eventually....it is totally disgusting that this is lingering on. He is a little rat ass traitor and should be dealt with accordingly; shark chum comes to mind

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 02-17-2017 at 11:50.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 13:24   #24
LarryW
Area Commander

Trump wasn't CIC at the time. How far back in a persons history is he/she responsible to the law? If, when he was 4 yrs old, he told his sister he was going to kill her if she stepped on his toes again, does that make him a threat to women?

Fake court.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 21:15   #25
Badger52
Area Commander

Let it run

Good call in my view. Full story.

Quote:
A military judge won't throw out charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl despite scathing comments that President Donald Trump made on the campaign trail.

Bergdahl's lawyers had argued that Trump's comments violated their client's due-process rights and that the judge should dismiss charges accusing him of endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan in 2009.

The Judge, Army Col. Jeffery Nance, wrote in his ruling Friday that he found Trump's comments disturbing but that they didn't constitute unlawful command influence.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 21:20   #26
PRB
Quiet Professional

Interesting.....as a candidate Trump was simply a citizen and had no command influence.
To move that chess piece forward into his Presidency would be a huge precedent and a stupid one.
I think the judge to lenient in his comments..... he is interpreting campaign comments.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 21:46   #27
PSM
Area Commander

Why is this turd still a Sergeant? I almost got an Article 15 for using an Army fire extinguisher on a motorcycle that was on fire on the outside wall of the PX!

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 22:17   #28
Box
Quiet Professional

So, just out of curiosity, if Bowe Bergdahl and Bradley Manning were both drowning and you only had time to save ONE of them...

...what kind of sandwich would you make?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:20   #29
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
So, just out of curiosity, if Bowe Bergdahl and Bradley Manning were both drowning and you only had time to save ONE of them...

...what kind of sandwich would you make?
Ham and cheese, and I'll add some bacon on it for good measure and wash it down with a good cold beer. Of course toasting the day as a very good day.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:51   #30
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Ham and cheese, and I'll add some bacon on it for good measure and wash it down with a good cold beer. Of course toasting the day as a very good day.
Make it one of those twelve-foot party subs....

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote