Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 10-07-2017, 09:22   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
PET FOOD LEAD ALERT! Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness

PSA

Please be responsible children,,
Check your parents & g-parents shopping carts,,
Make sure they are not buying this stuff,,
An extended diet of this stuff could kill them..

Make sure they get some kibbles,, at lease once a week..

Thank you..

Quote:
PET FOOD LEAD ALERT!
Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness Dog Food: Class Action Law Suit

Feeding your dog Blue Buffalo or Blue Wilderness Dog Food? Wondering why your canine doesn’t seem to be doing well?

Sadly, despite all their enticing television commercials, another Class Action Law Suit has been filed against Blue Buffalo Pet Products. Note that Blue Wilderness dog foods are also made by Blue Buffalo.

In California on June 26, 2017, charges against Blue Buffalo Pet Products included Negligent Misrepresentation, violations of the California Consumer Legal Remedies Act, violations of the California False Advertising Law, violations of the California Unfair Competition Law, breach of Express Warranty, breach of Implied Warranty, and Negligence.

This time the law suit was filed due to evidence documenting the fact that several of Blue Buffalo’s dry dog foods contained toxic levels of lead. Lead tainted dog foods included Blue Wilderness Chicken Recipe for Small Breed Adult Dogs, Blue Freedom Grain-Free Chicken Recipe for Small Breed Adult Dogs, and Blue Basics Grain-Free Turkey & Potato Recipe for Adult Dogs.
The Problem: LEAD in Your Dog’s Food.

The contaminated dog foods contained toxic levels of lead. Lead, is classified as a carcinogen, which means that at certain levels it can lead to cancer. Lead is a toxin that builds up in your dog’s body and over time as it accumulates your dog becomes sickened. Dog illnesses that may result from ingesting lead include cancer, reproductive problems, abnormal growth issues, as well as damage to the nervous system and other vital organs. Lead poisoning in dogs occurs when the amount of lead in your dog’s blood reaches levels high enough to cause visible signs. Signs of lead poisoning in dogs may include appetite loss, vomiting, diarrhea and/or constipation, jaw chomping, blindness, seizures, muscle spasms, behavior changes, anxiety, circling and/or lack of coordination. Blood work may reveal elevated liver numbers.

It is interesting to note that that the FDA considers acceptable levels of lead in bottled drinking water to be 5 ppb (parts per billion). The three Blue Buffalo pet foods were documented with lead levels at 200 ppb in the Blue Wilderness Chicken Recipe for Small Breed Adult Dogs, 140 ppb in the Blue Freedom Grain-Free Chicken Recipe for Small Breed Adult Dogs, and 840 ppb in the Blue Basics Grain-Free Turkey & Potato Recipe for Adult Dogs.

link to article

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:24   #2
RCummings
Guerrilla

Thank you JJ, we use this brand with others and did not see the lawsuit.

V/R

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:40   #3
Pete
Quiet Professional

Been using the Rachel Ray "Just 6" the last few years.

One of the pack has a dye allergy and it's the best/cheapest brand that's dye free. So that's what they all get.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 13:26   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

If you do just a little research on dog food you'll find out just how screwed up the dog food industry really is......

I feed my monster real chicken and little "dog food". Go to the store, buy that bargin $1.20 lb chicken, roast it off and feed it to your pooch. They are carnivores, not "grain" eaters.

The dog food industry is nothing but thieves.
Old 10-07-2017, 16:02   #5
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

We have a raw food supplier here in FL.

My pups get raw duck and rabbit.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 15:38   #6
RichL025
Quiet Professional

We have been giving our cattle dog mix Blue Wilderness for the entire 5 years of his life, because my wife wanted a "healthy" dog food. Even though I thought it was just a marketing gimmick, I agreed (marital harmony and all that).

Thank you very much for posting that.

I'm out of town but just sent an email to my wife, we are going to Purina NOW (sorry, I refuse to cook my dog a chicken breast every day <g>)
Old 10-08-2017, 15:43   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL025 View Post
We have been giving our cattle dog mix Blue Wilderness for the entire 5 years of his life, because my wife wanted a "healthy" dog food. Even though I thought it was just a marketing gimmick, I agreed (marital harmony and all that).

Thank you very much for posting that.

I'm out of town but just sent an email to my wife, we are going to Purina NOW (sorry, I refuse to cook my dog a chicken breast every day <g>)
LOL, I cook 10-12 chicken thighs at a time...... lasts a week.
Old 10-08-2017, 17:18   #8
PSM
Area Commander

We've used Evo (by Natura) for the last 2 dogs and both were the healthiest I've ever owned. It's been hard to find and I even had to have it shipped to us in CA. I might be willing to try a raw diet on the next one now that we are both retired and have the time.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:22   #9
rsdengler
Area Commander

My mother-in-law makes a concoction of ground venison (or some other ground, or chopped left over meat), unsalted chicken stock, and mixed vegetables, cooks it up in a large pot and puts them in individual containers for my brother-in-laws Lab. That way she can just pull one out when she needs it. They never buy dog food, that way you know you are feeding them "real meat" instead of that crap they sell in the stores.

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 13:04   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
My mother-in-law makes a concoction of ground venison (or some other ground, or chopped left over meat), unsalted chicken stock, and mixed vegetables, cooks it up in a large pot and puts them in individual containers for my brother-in-laws Lab. That way she can just pull one out when she needs it. They never buy dog food, that way you know you are feeding them "real meat" instead of that crap they sell in the stores.
Wolves are carnivores.

All dogs evolved from the wolf.

I've yet to see one "scientist" categorically state that dogs are omnivores.
Old 10-09-2017, 13:20   #11
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
The dog food industry is nothing but thieves.
Much like the people food industry?
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 13:44   #12
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Wolves are carnivores.

All dogs evolved from the wolf.

I've yet to see one "scientist" categorically state that dogs are omnivores.
Yep, you are correct they are carnivores, but what can I say, my mother-in-law has this weird fixation on "mixed vegetables" for some reason. She has a load of frozen bags in the freezer....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 10-09-2017 at 13:52.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 18:06   #13
adal
Quiet Professional

Dog food

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

My wife is a president of Arizona Cattle Dog Rescue. She has researched the heck out of good dog foods. We stopped using Blue buffalo a few years ago when they started showing a pattern of recalls.

This web site helps her keep our dogs and our foster dogs healthy.
Old 10-09-2017, 19:08   #14
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by adal View Post
https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

My wife is a president of Arizona Cattle Dog Rescue. She has researched the heck out of good dog foods. We stopped using Blue buffalo a few years ago when they started showing a pattern of recalls.

This web site helps her keep our dogs and our foster dogs healthy.
Thanks for that, adal. Good to see that Evo is on the 5 Star dry list.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 22:40   #15
RCummings
Guerrilla

Adal, thank you for the site, we will be using it. Our cattle dog worked for 17 years, amazing dog. Our current dog is a McNab Border Collie, hard working, runs like the wind all day and eats a selection of meats and bone broth with her dry food for her meals. The meals are augmented with dry food so this site will be a great resource.

V/R

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote