Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 05-11-2009, 19:07   #1
petekalo
Asset

Heading to 5th in a few months

First off, thanks for the help and advice in advance. I'm currently a few months away from completing the Q and then it's off to 5th. Some of my buddies and I are hoping that the community can help with a few questions. Some of us are hoping for a specific team "type." Is there any way to increase our chances in going to a particular team type? Also, should we be contacting the Group 1 shop or somebody else to begin opening up commo with them? If so, does anyone have a number we may be able to use? Thanks and I'm looking forward to the response.
petekalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 20:00   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by petekalo View Post
First off, thanks for the help and advice in advance. I'm currently a few months away from completing the Q and then it's off to 5th. Some of my buddies and I are hoping that the community can help with a few questions. Some of us are hoping for a specific team "type." Is there any way to increase our chances in going to a particular team type? Also, should we be contacting the Group 1 shop or somebody else to begin opening up commo with them? If so, does anyone have a number we may be able to use? Thanks and I'm looking forward to the response.
1st Focus on school because you are just one of the many fish in the pool.

2nd edited

Just focus on Graduating and then they will find you your first job in Group.

Last edited by SF_BHT; 05-11-2009 at 20:48. Reason: TR identified that you are a 18A "Changes Response"
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 20:06   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
1st Focus on school because you are just one of the many fish in the pool.

2nd The CSM's are the ones that will determine where you go. It goes like this GP CSM gets the list and meets with the BN CSM and they will divvy up the new meat. From there they will do it again on a BN CSM and SGM level,

Just focus on Graduating and then they will find you your first job in Group.
Negative, the CSMs do not assign the 18As, the battalion commander does.

I do not think you will pick your team (probably looking for MFF, like everyone else). You will be assigned where the unit needs you.

Are you telling me that you, an 18A student, are headed to 5th Group, and yet cannot find the number to the 5th Group S-1 shop?

Well, the staff needs bodies too.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 20:14   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Sorry I did not see your profile that you were a 18A...
TR is correct.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:31   #5
PRB
Quiet Professional

All you need to worry about is completing the course successfully and being ready to deploy.
Don't worry about a team type..if the GP Cmdr/Bn Cmdr asks your opinion just say "wherever you need me Sir".
If they ask when your familiy situation etc allows you to deploy "Today Sir".
You start establishing your reputation on day one.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 18:16   #6
180A
Quiet Professional

Make sure you learn about UW. Read the UW manual, that way you will have a little more knowledge when you show up to your new team.
180A is offline   Reply With Quote