Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18E

Old 03-11-2009, 12:11   #1
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

The (NEAR) Perfect PSC-5/PRC-117 GO BAG

Just picked up a eberlestock pack- the "Halftrack" edition.

Pictures to follow, but if your an echo toting either of these radios around, this IS the backpack for you for 1-2 day missions (would replace a standard 3 day pack). It contains an inner shelf that the radio can sit on, and straps that hold the radio in. Various (and I mean alot) of inner pockets, the lowest two perfect size for two 5590's. On either side of the bag there are pouches perfect for 100 OZ camelbacks, or just GREAT for 2040 antenna (I opt for 2055) I added a blackhawk drop pouch on the left waist belt for my 2055 (it enables me along with my remote data cable for the psc-5 to do satcom without taking my backpack off- all I have to do is pull the 2055 out and extend (transmission line already connected to psc-5 and antenna) put it on az and ele, switch my headset to the psc-5 PTT, and I am on the bird. Takes approx 25 seconds compared to about 2-3 minutes with a regular rucksack or other go bags without this easy access.

Going where I am going I am truely happy with this purchase.

Notes: When ordering the half track with the use of the PSC-5 you must email Glen Eberle and ask him to adjust the inner straps to meet the length of the PSC-5. Glen is the designer of the bags and WILL make changes to your bag if you say pretty please

Really though, they are a solid company and I am very impressed with the quality of material and specialized focus on the needs of the operator instead of the need to sell a plain tactical bag.

You can find it at http://eberlestock.com/Halftrack%20Backpack.htm

(On another equipment note, the V-tac m4 2 point sling is the best out there hands down. Just went through sfauc and I will suggest buying one now.)

Last edited by Bechorg; 03-11-2009 at 12:13. Reason: link
Bechorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 13:47   #2
Tetrian
Asset

Looks like a good piece of kit.

I have one question though - How is the pack designed in regards to exits for mounted antennas while in the pack ? (VHF / UHF)

Any exits for them etc?

Thanks,
Tetrian
Tetrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 15:16   #3
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

antenna

Nearest to your back at the front of the top on either side there are ports that fit the remote data cable through (I dont think it can fit the donkey dick through it, it would require cutting.

Also, the only other issue I have with it (and they are changing this) is that there is no RTO zipper that is in use with the tactical tailor rucksack. You can, however, cut the floor out of the very top pouch and see the radio through a zipper. Not preferred, but its a way. I will get by this by using the remote cable- wont have to touch the radio.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:32   #4
ixlr8ez
Asset

After some very uncomfortable missions in iraq with my 117 and other gear im looking for a new assault pack to carry it all in. I was looking at this pack and it looks very nice, but I was wondering how it fits over body armor?
ixlr8ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:07   #5
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

yep

This bag is perfect for that. I currently am carrying a ASIPS and a 152 for satcom and it is working perfectly along with an IV set, a strip charge and block of c4, an MRE, sat antenna located on the belt strap.

I can make satcom in less than 30 seconds without taking off my pack. Not many can say that with a 2055 antenna. :-)

If you order, make sure he (Glen Eberlestock) extends the inner shelf straps to fit around a 117. He has done it before.

-Matt