Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 11-30-2009, 22:57   #151
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

thanks, yes to the file...

yepper, Send the file to me after you are doing the 3 circuits for a couple of times and I'll give it a look. You do sound like you're doing well Dave

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02   #152
darbs
Auxiliary

Just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
I am posting this for the benefit of those who are thinking about using or are using the Blitz and can take encouragement. I am not posting the authors name But he can remark here if he wishes. Dave

Notes: I have always been fairly "lop-sided" in regards to bench press and upper body strength compared to flat out upper arm strength. (probably due to my football coaches over emphasis on bench press and me playing O tackle and "pushing people around" and all the push-ups I did in my days in the Army!).
With a very sore right shoulder things have not progressed as fast I as though they might, however, my level of fitness has increased three fold.
As a former United Hockey League linesman that could run a 12 minute 2 mile at the age of 34 and bench press my weight(245 then-6years ago) 17 times this will increase my body weight bench press by 3 or 4 reps at the end of the cycle. This program is probably not reccomended for Offensive linemen as I have lost some mass, probably best for athletic positions - WR/RB/QB/DB/LB...
Also to pat my own back, about 10 days ago I had to engage in a foot pursuit of a male student thru town(it's a long story!) and I was not winded AT ALL! the chase lasted about 9 minutes on wet pavement/grass/muck and the like and when I caught him it he didn't know what to think other than he thought he could out run me...)

Thoughts: The 6 week (currently on week 4 day 1) trial I am currently on has "kicked my a$$" and gotten me in shape the fastest of all the work out programs I have tried in the past. It will have me ready to go through it again for a 8 week session at a harder pace. Although similar to the "cross fit" style work out the blitz has increased my stamina and strength at an equal rate at a quicker rate...

Equipment types used: nautilas or machine type mixed with dumb bells and barbells
Thanks for posting Dave...

I want to encourage everyone to follow the "blitz" to the letter...
Looking back, I feel my gains would have been better had I "just done what was written" and not tweaked anything to fit me.

After a couple emails with Dave I'm going to start over on Friday this week, and do a 8 week cycle - by the book this time...

Good luck and stock up on the Ibuprofen!!
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47   #153
renato
Asset

blitz site?

is this blitz system you are discussing the same or associated with blitztotalfitness.com? and if so is paying the small amount of cash to see the program the only way to see it?
renato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:50   #154
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

No money here

renato, read more and you will see this is not the same. That is a program and this is a system. They are no where near the same.
Basic difference is a program will have predetermined exercises and the "system' teaches you how to do exercises to accomplish certain results and one can develop their own "program with this System.

Thanks for the heads up. There may be a copy write problem, I have written them ...well see.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 05-19-2011 at 09:52.
Old 12-02-2009, 14:04   #155
darbs
Auxiliary

Blitz 're-name'

You could always call it...

"DB's Body Burn"...

The first few days I did this my body was burninig.... legs were on fire...

Thank god (or scientist's) for Ibuprofen.
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 22:37   #156
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Some Good News.

I got informed today that a new PT manual for Unit firness of sorts has been produced and it does contains a version of the "Blitz". I think it is the "Sixties". Will wait to see, just passing what is good news for me.

You guys using the "Blitz" are ahead of the game. Keep Trucking. Blitzzz

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 12-05-2009 at 22:39.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:00   #157
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
You could always call it...

"DB's Body Burn"...

The first few days I did this my body was burninig.... legs were on fire...

Thank god (or scientist's) for Ibuprofen.
I'm there now, bro.

I help coach youth wrestling 3x weekly in the evenings and try and do most if not all of the conditioning stuff with the kids to keep them motivated and do the "lead by example" thing as the head coach is a little older, injured and isn't as active.

That ,plus trying to bump up to 3 circuits 3x weekly was too much last week. Couldn't do it. Am taking motrin, eating fried turkey, and licking my wounds getting ready to start up again on monday.
Old 12-09-2009, 13:50   #158
dac
Guerrilla

I have been on standby for multiple 3-5 day TDY adventures so I haven't kept up with my blitzing.

If congress ever finishes a damn budget my schedule may slow down a little since funding won't be "Here's $47k, but you have to spend it by next Tuesday" anymore and I can do some planning.

I am going to pick blitzing back up, but since rugby is done I found a Krav Maga trainer I want to try out.

Refreshments will be provided.
dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 22:13   #159
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
I'm there now, bro.

I help coach youth wrestling 3x weekly in the evenings and try and do most if not all of the conditioning stuff with the kids to keep them motivated and do the "lead by example" thing as the head coach is a little older, injured and isn't as active.

That ,plus trying to bump up to 3 circuits 3x weekly was too much last week. Couldn't do it. Am taking motrin, eating fried turkey, and licking my wounds getting ready to start up again on monday.
Am seeing progress, so things are looking up. Endurance is coming up.. even if only by a rep or two at a time...and I made it into the 3rd circuit before I started not feeling good and getting the body shakes.
Old 12-11-2009, 17:50   #160
Big Daddy59
Asset

First start

All
Started the Blitz system today, very tough, Thanks to Blitzzz for your time in sending this;

Here you go
Lat Pulls/51 reps/60 reps goal/wt-60
Crunches/62 reps/60 reps goal/wt-60
Seated knee extensions/59 reps/52 reps goal/wt-70
Half squats(bodyweight)/41 reps/52 reps goal/bodyweight
Bicep Curls/61 reps/80 reps goal/wt-30
Hamstring Curls/42 reps/48 reps goal/wt-30
Heel raises/76 reps/80 reps goal.wt-190 (could not get a good start weight)

Thoughts- Crunches were easy, any suggestions on something different for abs
If you go over your goals, does that mean the weight is to light?
This was my starter set, will start the system on Sunday for good
I walk in the morning and evening to work with a ruck, will I have to change that?
Soreness all over right now and was winded at the end

Blitzzz, my thanks again I am really looking forward to this, please let me know if I made any mistakes from what you have read.
Big Daddy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 19:45   #161
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Just for all you guys. I won't be "critical of what you're doing, just critiques. and suggestions. I appreciate all of your efforts and am only saddened that there no "Blitz Trainers" out there and you all do what you can with only a written form.

So! "Big Daddy 59"
You look to have started out well. I will suggest your speeds are slow, but I don't know the machines you are using.
I didn't see "Goal Reps along with Goal wt.
These numbers will form the basis for further reviews.

A thought on crunches. I don't know how you are doing them. But you speeds indicate you're bending at the waist. Try sitting straight under the Lat pull and pull the weight bar down to your chest and the each rep will be about 3 inch crunch. You'll be curling down instead of bending.

No change to walking / rucking.

Soreness usually indicates too great a startin wt. and rep speeds below 40.
you should do 1 circuit the first day, 2 circuits the 2nd or third day, 3 circuits asap that as you can tolerate.
Thoughts- Crunches were easy, any suggestions on something different for abs
If you go over your goals, does that mean the weight is to light?
This was my starter set, will start the system on Sunday for good
I walk in the morning and evening to work with a ruck, will I have to change that?
Soreness all over right now and was winded at the end

Blitzzz, my thanks again I am really looking forward to this, please let me know if I made any mistakes from what you have read.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 11-01-2010 at 20:41.
Old 12-11-2009, 20:04   #162
Big Daddy59
Asset

Blitzzz
Thanks for the quick response, and deeply grateful for the help and critque,

I used old style Naultlius at my base(possibly 70's early 80's)
The gym at the active duty base closer has better equipment machine wise and will be using that

Sorry, where I put reps goal are my goals rep. I did the 15 sec rule as written and I did go over on some reps, does that mean the weights are to lite?

Goal wt is listed as wt, I did 1 rep max and didvided by 3

(example;Lat Pulls/51 reps/60 reps goal/wt-60)(my way)
Should read Lat pulls 51 reps/15 sec-15 reps/goal reps-60/goal wt-60, does that sound better?

Roger on abs
Roger on the walk/ruck
Roger on the number of circuits

Question can we adjust weights as we go or do we need to have a set weight and then advance?
Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2009, 23:21   #163
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Big Daddy59

There is no weight changes made for progression until you are doing 3 circuits and then when you are meeting goal reps three times. Don't need to rush this system. It's very consistent with all users.
The first couple + weeks is "endurance", the rest of the weeks is strength. and incrementles are X 20%.

DOn't know when the increments taper off to 15, 10 , and 5 % but it has never happened in 9 weeks.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-13-2009, 15:02   #164
Big Daddy59
Asset

First attempt

Here are the numbers for today;

Lat Pulls/wt-60/goal reps-60/reps-46

Crunches/wt-40/goal reps-60/reps-52-these were done to failure before the minute elapsed

Knee ex/wt-40/goal reps-52/reps-42

Half squats-bodyweight-/41 reps

Bicep Curls/wt-30/goal reps-60/reps-42

High row(sub for ham curls, machine was being used)/wt-30/goal reps-60/reps-40

Heel raises/wt-190/goal reps-80/reps-64

Notes;
Had to sub as stated for the ham curls
This was very diffucult to get thru, had hard time reaching 40 reps, very humbling
some soreness but feel good
looking fowrad to tuesday, will try for two circuits.
Old 12-13-2009, 19:58   #165
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy59 View Post
Here are the numbers for today;

Lat Pulls/wt-60/goal reps-60/reps-46

Crunches/wt-40/goal reps-60/reps-52-these were done to failure before the minute elapsed

Knee ex/wt-40/goal reps-52/reps-42

Half squats-bodyweight-/41 reps

Bicep Curls/wt-30/goal reps-60/reps-42

High row(sub for ham curls, machine was being used)/wt-30/goal reps-60/reps-40

Heel raises/wt-190/goal reps-80/reps-64

Notes;
Had to sub as stated for the ham curls
This was very difficult to get thru, had hard time reaching 40 reps, very humbling
some soreness but feel good
looking forwad to tuesday, will try for two circuits.
Looks to be a pretty good start.
Just a performance note. if humanly possible go faster, Hold back nothing and when you reach what feels like fatigue DO NOT STOP THE MOVEMENT OF THE REPS AS THIS IS THE POINT YOU ARE EXERCISING THE TERTIARY FIBERS. The tertiaries will not stay engaged if you stop movement for one split second.. regardless of how slow you get, it is critical to keep the movement for the full minute.

Blitz exercise movement speeds are based on about 400 degrees per second....fast..Some machines will not allow this speed but do your best Dave

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 05-19-2011 at 09:59.