Old 04-15-2017, 23:58   #1
PSM
Area Commander

Badgers spray?

This was news to me. Avatar dog got sprayed by a badger about 24 hours ago. The house still stinks! Way worse than the skunk that got him a few months ago or the one that skunked our dog in CA. May have to burn down the house.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:11   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Aren't you lucky...

NOT

Quote:
The Mustelidae (from Latin mustela, weasel) are a family of carnivorous mammals, including the weasel, badger, otter, marten, ferret, mink, stoat, and wolverine. Mustelids are diverse and the largest family in the order Carnivora.

Within a large range of variation, the mustelids exhibit some common characteristics. They are typically small animals with short legs, short, round ears, and thick fur. Most mustelids are solitary, nocturnal animals, and are active year-round.[1]

With the exception of the sea otter,[2] they have anal scent glands that produce a strong-smelling secretion the animals use for sexual signaling and for marking territory.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:48   #3
PRB
Quiet Professional

So either your dog is now Badger territory or he thought your dog sexy....
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:33   #4
PSM
Area Commander

"Objection, your honor. Counsel is badgering the witness." has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 04-22-2017, 09:46   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
"Objection, your honor. Counsel is badgering the witness." has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

Pat
I had nothing to do with this.
Pat, was your pup not forthcoming with their side of the story?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 15:32   #6
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

You have skunked me two times this year Pat, no pun intended. First there was that red caterpillar looking thing and now a badger. Here I thought that after humping every part of Cochise Co for 14 years I had seen it all.
Old 04-22-2017, 20:33   #7
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
I had nothing to do with this.
Pat, was your pup not forthcoming with their side of the story?
He ain't talking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
You have skunked me two times this year Pat, no pun intended. First there was that red caterpillar looking thing and now a badger. Here I thought that after humping every part of Cochise Co for 14 years I had seen it all.
I didn't actually see a badger. A QP (retired and known to a member here) that my wife works with at the range suggested that is was a badger from the scent she described. Haven't seen the caterpillars since. The closest that I can find on the Internet is one that turns into a mostly blue butterfly. I've never seen one here, though.

Pat