Quiet Professional

Want to join the Army?

Don't get the Covid-19 Virus.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-the-military/

LHC
Old 05-06-2020, 22:46   #2
PSM
Area Commander

Stupidly reins! That will turn out to be 80 to 90 percent of young people.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:24   #3
Pete
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Stupidly reins! That will turn out to be 80 to 90 percent of young people.
Ditto
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:15   #4
cbtengr
Area Commander

We will see how long that policy is in place.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:26   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

CG TRADOC: "Don't talk to ME about not making numbers!!! I'm not the idiot that excluded 3/4 of the manpower pool!"

CHICOM President Xi approved this message.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:55   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Is this a business as usual statement??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyne B quote
No they aren’t, they need a waiver just like anyone who has ever had pneumonia does.

To clarify, anyone who has ever been hospitalized.

Many cases of pneumonia, like pneumonia associated with covaid result in decreased lung function and that in turn may result in an inability to pass the medical screening required to enlist.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:14   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

the blind being led by the senseless...........
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:10   #8
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

There's already been some cases of young healthy people mildly sick from covid who recovered, now with permanent lung damage. We still don't know the medium and long term effects of recovered patients. The military isn't making any assumptions and doesn't want to risk adding numerous troops with permanent organ damage. Until we have all the facts this seems sensible.

BMT
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:18   #9
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The Puzzle Palace Pentagon:

I thought the Idiots & Morons working in Wash.DC were in the congress, the bottom of the intellect gene pool.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:58   #10
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
There's already been some cases of young healthy people mildly sick from covid who recovered, now with permanent lung damage. We still don't know the medium and long term effects of recovered patients. The military isn't making any assumptions and doesn't want to risk adding numerous troops with permanent organ damage. Until we have all the facts this seems sensible.
I don't buy permanent damage crap

Smoking does permanent cellular damage and never repairs the lungs was the old thinking today they are saying they were wrong as long time smokers who did quit show repaired lungs and healthy cell production again

The Army preaches hot weather and cold weather injuries are permanent damage and yet as a poor kid in Nebraska I had frost bite there, in Kansas and nearly had it chaining a semi in subzero weather....also as a teen a had a heatstroke while mowing field in the middle of the summer in Kansas...I passed out and woke up after the sun went down in the same spot with a dry mouth and no water so I walked out of the field to my house drank water and ate dinner got up the next morning walked back to the field and finished mowing with a 3.5 Hp push mower...then when I was 17 1/2 I went to work fleshing cowhides in the summer at the meat packing plant we fleshed 350-400 hides per hr in the summer (again) in the hottest part of the plant that routinely heated to a humid 130+ degrees with the heat from the freshly killed cattle and the machinery I had the shakes for 2 weeks straight from electrolyte loss sweating like a madman for 8-12 hrs a day...until I discovered Gatorade and was fine after that though blonde haired fair skinned white boys are not genetically adapted to that climate and hence sweat much more than darker skinned people....I did request a move to the loading docks which ran cold God forbid had I had the money to go a doctor and have any of these incidents in my medical records I would never have been a GB and if their crap were true I would never have been able to walk patrols in the summer in N.C. with 100lbs on my back for 3 years or hours on the ranges etc....

They have no idea the long term effects of this hell they cannot confirm or deny the actual infection rate....right now there is a problem in Groups getting correct information because the perstats reflect unconfirmed cases without going to those with the ability to test for it and decipher whether or not is the flu, chest cold etc....bloating and corrupting the actual case numbers being reported.

People with access to health care do not realize that the numbers are false especially the medias distortions of the information they get...most poor people do not go to the doctor they deal with whatever s\illness they get with rest, Tylenol and OTC medications if even that....I never in my life ever went to a medical professional for the flu or a cold no matter how bedridden I got....In fact this year starting in January some virus we all thought it was a super flu/cold hybrid type thing that had most sick for as long as 5-6 weeks and none of us went to the doctor for it...most blue collar people do not go unless it is unusually bad. So who reports what data to the CDC if most people are not at least were not going to the doctor to get medication?

Lets say it was Covid 19 it took me 2 weeks to get my energy back and now in my 50's 1.4 yrs out from a massive heart attack with stints and medication am back to walking/running 3-6 miles a day, push ups, weights etc....I have no idea if their is permanent damage from the lungs because I can't tell I feel great. So there you have it

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 05-07-2020 at 13:02.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 13:06   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
Ditto. At this point it's not just one segment. America is, in many areas, being 'had', largely because some Ivory Tower did a 'model'.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 16:25   #12
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post

Smoking does permanent cellular damage and never repairs the lungs was the old thinking today they are saying they were wrong as long time smokers who did quit show repaired lungs and healthy cell production again

The Army preaches hot weather and cold weather injuries are permanent damage and yet as a poor kid in Nebraska I had frost bite there, in Kansas and nearly had it chaining a semi in subzero weather....also as a teen a had a heatstroke while mowing field in the middle of the summer in Kansas...I passed out and woke up after the sun went down in the same spot with a dry mouth and no water so I walked out of the field to my house drank water and ate dinner got up the next morning walked back to the field and finished mowing with a 3.5 Hp push mower...then when I was 17 1/2 I went to work fleshing cowhides in the summer at the meat packing plant we fleshed 350-400 hides per hr in the summer (again) in the hottest part of the plant that routinely heated to a humid 130+ degrees with the heat from the freshly killed cattle and the machinery I had the shakes for 2 weeks straight from electrolyte loss sweating like a madman for 8-12 hrs a day...until I discovered Gatorade and was fine after that though blonde haired fair skinned white boys are not genetically adapted to that climate and hence sweat much more than darker skinned people....I did request a move to the loading docks which ran cold God forbid had I had the money to go a doctor and have any of these incidents in my medical records I would never have been a GB and if their crap were true I would never have been able to walk patrols in the summer in N.C. with 100lbs on my back for 3 years or hours on the ranges etc....

They have no idea the long term effects of this hell they cannot confirm or deny the actual infection rate....right now there is a problem in Groups getting correct information because the perstats reflect unconfirmed cases without going to those with the ability to test for it and decipher whether or not is the flu, chest cold etc....bloating and corrupting the actual case numbers being reported.

People with access to health care do not realize that the numbers are false especially the medias distortions of the information they get...most poor people do not go to the doctor they deal with whatever s\illness they get with rest, Tylenol and OTC medications if even that....I never in my life ever went to a medical professional for the flu or a cold no matter how bedridden I got....In fact this year starting in January some virus we all thought it was a super flu/cold hybrid type thing that had most sick for as long as 5-6 weeks and none of us went to the doctor for it...most blue collar people do not go unless it is unusually bad. So who reports what data to the CDC if most people are not at least were not going to the doctor to get medication?

Lets say it was Covid 19 it took me 2 weeks to get my energy back and now in my 50's 1.4 yrs out from a massive heart attack with stints and medication am back to walking/running 3-6 miles a day, push ups, weights etc....I have no idea if their is permanent damage from the lungs because I can't tell I feel great. So there you have it
I’m with you on the media and politicians blowing covid up with scare tactics, I do think it’s time we start opening parts of the country. I just think military integration vs the general society should be handled differently, and open to the possibility of permanent lung deficiencies from covid. From what I read there will be waivers at least. And appreciate what you shared, you have an aspiring story

BMT
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 20:36   #13
tonyz
Area Commander

Complete article at link.

Top U.S. General: Proposed COVID-19 Recruiting Ban 'Has Not Been Approved'
May 7, 20202:18 PM ET

Updated at 4:58 p.m. ET
Colin Dwyer
NPR

The nation's top military officer says the Pentagon is still weighing its options when it comes to recruitment and COVID-19, several days after an internal memo surfaced publicly that suggested all recovered patients would be ineligible to join the military. That interim guidance was revised Wednesday to suggest that only those who had been hospitalized would be disqualified — but the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Army Gen. Mark Milley, told NPR that even the latest version remains just a draft.

"It hasn't been rigorously thought out and reviewed by the service secretaries — the chiefs — or the secretary of defense," Milley said in an interview with Morning Edition recorded Thursday. "We'll have to, with the doctors, take a very, very hard look at the medical standards of recruits and how COVID — or if you've been infected by COVID — how that applies."

"But that has not been approved," he added. "That got out there by accident, as sometimes documents do."

Milley's comments appear to quash many of the questions marks that swirled for days around the U.S. military's recruiting policies in the midst of the global pandemic. The original document that began circulating publicly this week, an internal message issued by the U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command, or USMEPCOM, advised its readers to label any reported history of COVID-19 as "Considered Disqualifying."

"During the medical history interview or examination, a history of COVID-19, confirmed by either a laboratory test or a clinician diagnosis, is permanently disqualifying," officials stated in the earlier version of the document, which the Pentagon has confirmed as authentic.

The memo was then revised on Wednesday, according to a Pentagon spokesperson, to bar only those applicants who were hospitalized with the respiratory disease. Those who have tested positive for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 but have avoided serious complications would remain eligible, under the revised guidelines, while those who did find themselves in a hospital can satisfy the rule by obtaining a service waiver — similar to the process established for other conditions that could medically disqualify a recruit, such as asthma or a recent case of pneumonia.

But the revised version is not final either, Milley told NPR, adding that he expects the finalized version "in maybe, say, a week or two." He noted that it would not pass his "common sense test" to apply those medical disqualifications to service members who have been hospitalized with COVID-19 either.

<snip>

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rusliveupdates

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:18   #14
Remington Raidr
Guerrilla

hesus fifih christ

all we we need is another a shooting war. Google McNamra's morons for the inside track.
Remington Raidr is offline   Reply With Quote