Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-02-2020, 06:42   #136
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
PRC takes on the USA via LEGO Battle Bots

PS: Lego denies any involvement if film.

Quote:
Chinese state media releases animated propaganda video mocking US coronavirus response, By Tracey Shelton and Iris Zhao, Posted Yesterday

A Chinese state media outlet has released an animated video using Lego pieces to mock the United States' coronavirus response and the Trump Administration's claims of an initial Chinese COVID-19 coverup.

Entitled Once Upon a Virus, the short animation — released by China's official Xinhua news agency — takes the form of a back-and-forth between China and the US with China being represented by a Lego terracotta warrior and a team of hazmat wearing characters, and the US by the Statue of Liberty.

The dialogue begins with the Chinese warrior who stated they had discovered a dangerous new virus, to which the Statue of Liberty replied:

"It's only a flu ... Don't wear a mask", adding that China's "stay at home" measures were a violation of human rights.

Key points:
  • Personified Lego characters representing the US and China satirised the Trump Administration
  • The videos appear to be part of China's retort to claims over its coronavirus mismanagement
  • Donald Trump has continued to repeat an unverified claim about the virus's origin

The video purports that the US did not heed warnings from the Chinese Government but later accused China of "giving false data".

Last month, US president Donald Trump accused both China and the World Health Organization (WHO) of a COVID-19 cover-up, saying "the world received all sorts of false information about transmission and mortality".

The animation makes reference to the US's decision to halt funding of the WHO, which Mr Trump said promoted China's "disinformation" about the virus, "failed in its basic duty" and "must be held accountable".

"The WHO failed to investigate credible reports from sources in Wuhan that conflicted directly with the Chinese government's official accounts," Mr Trump said at the time.

link: ABC AU news article

link: twitter Lego film

link: UT Lego film https://www.*******.com/watch?v=Q5BZ09iNdvo

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:04   #137
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

California city official expounds on COVID-19 "benefits"

You can’t make this stuff up. This just gets so good, you just have to believe that it’s a parody of life in some dystopian world that makes “Idiocracy” a documentary.

SnT

Quote:
California city official says COVID-19 should be allowed to ‘fix’ society by culling elderly, weak and homeless

By NANCY DILLON NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

A California city official said COVID-19 should be allowed to run its course, killing elderly and homeless residents to “fix what is a significant burden on our society.

Now his public position could be a pandemic-era casualty, and he’s calling that a violation of his rights.

Ken Turnage, a member of the city planning commission in Antioch, said in a now-deleted April 23 Facebook post that coronavirus lockdowns should be lifted to “let nature take its course.”

“We would have significant loss of life, we would lose many elderly, that would reduce burdens in our defunct Social Security System, health care cost — once the wave subsided — make jobs available for others and it would also free up housing in which we are in dire need of,” Turnage 47, wrote, according to the East Bay Times.

In another excerpt reported by SFGate.com, Turnage said the natural spread of COVID-19 would also cull the “herd” of other people he considered undesirable.

“Then we have our other sectors such as our homeless and other people who just defile themselves by either choice or mental issues,” he wrote. “This would run rampant through them and yes I am sorry but this would fix what is a significant burden on our Society and resources that can be used.”

Antioch’s mayor, Steve Wright, called for a special city council meeting Friday night to recommend Turnage be removed from the Planning Commission.

In an email to the Daily News, Turnage said he’s fighting the move. He doubled down on his position and shared the comments he planned to submit for the special meeting.

“It is disheartening that I am being removed due to a personal opinion that has nothing to do with the city or my position on the planning commission. My opinion that I opened for debate is based on the theory of Ecological Balance which is science,” he wrote.

“Yes, I do understand that it is a difficult topic and even prefaced that if people are unable to handle an alternate opinion don’t read any further,” he said.
“The idea of letting nature run its course was practiced by Sweden and at first The World Health Organization was strictly against it! Now as of yesterday, The World Health Organization says we should learn from Sweden! Ironic isn’t it?” he wrote.

WHO expert says Sweden could be a 'model' on coronavirus response »
“This virus is targeting certain sectors of the World. I did not decide these sectors or create this virus. I merely spoke on what could potentially happen to those sectors plus others including myself,” he said. “Yes my analogies in hindsight could have been different to make the same point, for that I am sorry but hindsight is 20/20.”

Turnage said removing him from office, based on his opinions, would be a violation of his First Amendment right to free speech.
An agenda posted online said the city council meeting would start at 7 p.m. local time and be streamed live.

“It is recommended that the City Council make a motion to remove Commissioner Kenneth Turnage, II from the City of Antioch Planning Commission and direct the City Clerk to advertise the vacancy of one partial-term on the Planning Commission,” the agenda item said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...dgm-story.html

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 18:09   #138
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf n Turf View Post
You can’t make this stuff up. This just gets so good, you just have to believe that it’s a parody of life in some dystopian world that makes “Idiocracy” a documentary.

SnT
That guy would be right at home with the Horizon Project in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 23:31   #139
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
That guy would be right at home with the Horizon Project in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.
Speaking of eco-terrorists, this one stinks like a climate change version of Baader-meinhoff’s first generation movement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ied-lover.html

Zero remorse, guilt , or shame on the part of the Red Army Frau.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:23   #140
Penn
Area Commander

Humanoids whole experiences has been a constant battle to tame the environment. The lockdown is just another example of that process. Is the idea callus, yes. Is he wrong, well, he just ventured into that rare place where angels fear to tread.

Last edited by Penn; 05-06-2020 at 05:24. Reason: Spelling
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:47   #141
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
Speaking of eco-terrorists, this one stinks like a climate change version of Baader-meinhoff’s first generation movement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ied-lover.html

Zero remorse, guilt , or shame on the part of the Red Army Frau.

More reason why I have added public health officials to my list of people than are as untrustworthy as a stereotypical politicians.
...and he was "allowed" to quit. Should have been tarred and feathered in the town square - and then hung from the neck until dead. INstead he gets to play the "take this job and shove it" card.

Two legal systems in this world - one for thee and one for me
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 18:24   #142
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Sooooo.....

Quote:
The Connecticut Department of Public Health issued its first $1,000 fines on Monday to two individuals who Gov. Ned Lamont said failed to comply with the travel advisory for residents who return home from states with high COVID-19 infection rates.
So, you may ask yourself how they found out?

Quote:
Lamont said a coworker had notified state officials that the person was not complying with Lamont’s executive order. Officials received a tip about the other person as well.
Welcome to 1984 folks.... Trust NO ONE

Link Here

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:37   #143
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

And once again I have to say....tell me how we are different from China?????
Old 08-13-2020, 06:51   #144
Box
Quiet Professional

Act Now

...its the ONLY way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.jpg (9.8 KB, 35 views)
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote