Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > Medical Pearls Of Wisdom

Old 02-14-2013, 15:43   #16
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatsurgeon View Post
You are so bad Adal......but the truth is an endocardial biopsy may be in play if there is any evidence of cardiomyopathy. Also, have they done a stress test to try and bring on the pain so that it can be captured on ECG or echo when it happens? The GI guy may also need an UGI to check for esophageal spasm which can hurt like a heart attack.....

You're too young for this garbage!

ss
Thanks for weighing in Syd, I didn't want to keep knocking on your door for my lil drama. No stress test as the pain is not replicated by exercise (although I'm sure if someone tried to make me run a mile right now I would probably stab them with a really big knife) Also the echocardiogram and CT-A showed no abnormalities.

I'm going to work on getting copies of this stuff now.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 15:58   #17
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocIllinois View Post
The cholecystitis direction is looking better, IMO.

We should start taking bets....
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Old 02-14-2013, 16:09   #18
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe View Post
We should start taking bets....
I already bet a doughnut. Figured an LE type would be all over dat
Old 02-14-2013, 16:22   #19
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

The cyclic nature of the pain and fever/night sweats bring a few things to mind - I'm glad you're getting this worked up. There are more things than the gall bladder in the vicinity of the ultrasound probe that could lead to a painful scan, so don't go hanging your hat on anything until you get confirmation from the docs interpeting the ultrasound - even if they see something, I am a firm believer of "tissue is the issue" and biopsies/cholcystectomy are needed to secure a diagnosis.

Best of luck!
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:41   #20
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
I already bet a doughnut. Figured an LE type would be all over dat
Oh, I definitely "got" it . I was thinking we should put a good bottle of Tequila or Scotch up for the person who makes the correct "diagnosis" first. Something like these two.... Maybe this will get the competitive minds involved.

(With admin permission obviously)

Rules: This is purely a game of sport all of the disclaimers in this thread (link) ARE applicable. The "Winner" will receive from me 1 of these bottles (or a bottle of like value) shipped to their address of choice. (I'm sure I could talk TS in to sending it for me incase anyone doesn't wish to disclose there address to me). I will update this thread as I get new info, labs, etc.

I obviously have a vested interest in this so I have zero problem putting a few dollars up to help the info to flow....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glenlivet_18_a___4ed00fee4e128.jpg (24.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg clase-azul_2106_r2.jpg (34.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-14-2013, 20:01   #21
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe View Post
Oh, I definitely "got" it . I was thinking we should put a good bottle of Tequila or Scotch up for the person who makes the correct "diagnosis" first. Something like these two.... Maybe this will get the competitive minds involved.

(With admin permission obviously)

Rules: This is purely a game of sport all of the disclaimers in this thread (link) ARE applicable. The "Winner" will receive from me 1 of these bottles (or a bottle of like value) shipped to their address of choice. (I'm sure I could talk TS in to sending it for me incase anyone doesn't wish to disclose there address to me). I will update this thread as I get new info, labs, etc.

I obviously have a vested interest in this so I have zero problem putting a few dollars up to help the info to flow....
Got a better idea. If it's the gall bladder I will send you the one of your choice. If it's not then I will send you the one of my choice. That way you get a little something to help you feel better either way
Old 02-14-2013, 20:57   #22
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Got a better idea. If it's the gall bladder I will send you the one of your choice. If it's not then I will send you the one of my choice. That way you get a little something to help you feel better either way
Well I do love my good booze, but from what I'm hearing from a few I know who had their gallbladder removed I'm maybe out of the drinking club.
Old 02-14-2013, 22:02   #23
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Okay I have my CT-A and my Echo images... I had to do some software leveraging to get them to a readable formate. I think what I will do is upload them (as I had to export as video do to the amount of images) via youtube and share the links via PM. Delta's and student PM me and I will be happy to share the links with you. As for the short term here are two images to look at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM-0001-0002.jpg (76.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IM-0001-0001.jpg (66.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 02-14-2013, 23:42   #24
MR2
Quiet Professional

An earring?

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:19   #25
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
Based on the images, if it's what I think it is, I don't want to bet ... because I don't want to win....

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24   #26
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWOA View Post
Based on the images, if it's what I think it is, I don't want to bet ... because I don't want to win....
Oh thats not fair at all.... thats like saying "Pandora don't open the box"
Win or lose it will inevitably happen (if your right) And I would rather know now they be in the dark for days or weeks.

Also I have to images up via youtube if anyone wants to see them shoot me a PM.

thanks for weighing in UWOA!
Old 02-15-2013, 15:40   #27
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
Yeah, but I'm not an expert at reading pictures so I could be way wrong and cause unnecessary heartache ... now that I think about it, I should have kept my mouth shut.

That said, the esophagus is where my attention was focused.

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 18:52   #28
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

I think we should listen to Eagel5US and stop speculating when we don't know this patient from Adam's housecat. We could be stressing our friend out with speculation. I agree it is interesting and intriguing but let's not muddy the diagnostic water.

Good luck with the scope brother.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 20:30   #29
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
I think we should listen to Eagel5US and stop speculating when we don't know this patient from Adam's housecat. We could be stressing our friend out with speculation. I agree it is interesting and intriguing but let's not muddy the diagnostic water.

Good luck with the scope brother.
Thanks Tim, but you can ask a few on here I won't stress over this, I'm not really built that way. Will I give this the due respect it deserves and handle it? Absolutely I will! Will I loss sleep and spend every waking hour worrying? No WAY! My affairs are in order and my family knows the contingency plan should anything happen to me. TS, gets my slingshots and Adal gets my Red Ryder bb gun

The intent of this thread for me was/is to gain information or knowledge about something that is impacting me directly as these little episodes have been playing stumb the chump with 3 doctors I have seen. As such I felt it maybe an opportunity for the Deltas and aspiring Deltas on here as well as the Docs (to learn or mentor respectfully) a case from my perspective (the patient). As I am not a medical professional they would be forced to interpet the case as it evolved or as I laid it out in my layman terms, which I'm sure is significantly more difficult then if another medical professional laid it out for them. Thus creating a win win. I get exposure to opposite opinions that are different from my current docs who seem to refuse to disagree with each and only back each other up regardless of their suggestions. While the Deltas (or aspiring to be Deltas) get exposure to an odd case they could definitely see coming up later on in their career.

Is there a possibility someone could get on here and say, "OMG, look at that, you are f-ed and there is nothing you can do about it but live quickly and die." I would welcome that or any information over being kept in continual darkness like I am a child. I can handle great news and horrible news, what I can't handle is someone attempting to shelter me from bad news especially about something that is obviously already present within my own body. I understood the rules when I walked in here, big boy rules big boy consequences. All I can ask is that you give it to me straight as you see it based on your expertise. Nothing more nothing less, so please save the "lets not speculate because we are going to stress him out" Stuff, thats not for me. In serious matters I tend to be blunt and to the point I hope you can extend to me the same courtesy.
Old 02-15-2013, 21:35   #30
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Roger that. I'll just be over here sipping my rum, neat.

I'll still refrain and wait for the answer to be a simple easy fix, that's what in my prayers anyway.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote