Old 03-12-2008, 10:07   #1
12BMAT
SF Candidate

Question Age vs Success

I'm currently 38, 6'3" 250lbs, training smart and hard. I assimilated both "Get Selected" and Cross Fit into my work out routine. Last thing is that "run".

I wanted to know has anyone gathered data on the age of new SFAS selected vs. the percentage of completion rate?
In other words a basic outline would be age vs. %

17 to 21 % of successfully completing SFAS
22 to 26 % complete
27 to 31 % complete
32 to 36 % complete
37 to 41 % complete
42 to 46 % complete

I have looked at the percentage of scores of PT success rate and the ruck success rate.
I wanted to know if anyone had these type of statistics.
12BMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:27   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12BMAT View Post
I'm currently 38, 6'3" 250lbs, training smart and hard. I assimilated both "Get Selected" and Cross Fit into my work out routine. Last thing is that "run".

I wanted to know has anyone gathered data on the age of new SFAS selected vs. the percentage of completion rate?
In other words a basic outline would be age vs. %

17 to 21 % of successfully completing SFAS
22 to 26 % complete
27 to 31 % complete
32 to 36 % complete
37 to 41 % complete
42 to 46 % complete

I have looked at the percentage of scores of PT success rate and the ruck success rate.
I wanted to know if anyone had these type of statistics.
Honestly, 12BMAT, you are heavy, old, and likely too slow for SF. Are you in compliance with the height-weight regs, and if not, have you passed a tape test lately?

I would worry more about getting myself selected than how others do. You should be focused on how YOU will do. There are 38 year olds who perform like 28 year olds, and 38 year olds who perform like 48 year olds.

Reading and searching here will help you more than starting threads, and more PT would be even better.

We are not going to go digging up new info for you to make you feel better.

Best of luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:43   #3
12BMAT
SF Candidate

Your Right

Thanks for your advise, I will concentrate on myself instead of how others perform or have performed.
I will train, compete and succeed at the required age standard.

Too all future candidates, see you soon in a future SFAS.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:31   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12BMAT View Post
Thanks for your advise, I will concentrate on myself instead of how others perform or have performed.
I will train, compete and succeed at the required age standard.

Too all future candidates, see you soon in a future SFAS.
12BMAT

If you are planning on attending SFAS and the Q Course do not train to the required Age standard. Other than taking a PT Test you have to compete with all and it is a Pass/Fail standard. You do not ruck in age groups, you do not shoot in age groups, you do not test in age groups. You have to perform well above any age regulated standards out there that is why the older you are the harder you have to be because your body does not get any younger year after year.
Also it is a mental state also. you can be the best athlete but if you are not mentally hard and prepared you will not succeed.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck...
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28   #5
12BMAT
SF Candidate

Roger, that Sir:

Correction: I will train, compete and succeed, both physically and mental to the best of my ability, 110% and then some.
I have the heart, soul and skill to see the dream become a reality.

Thank you
Old 03-14-2008, 11:29   #6
CoLawman
Area Commander

Ask Firebeef, I think he was like............48 or 50 something when he went through selection.