Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-28-2017, 22:55   #16
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
I am so glad I got multiple engine leaks that I don't have to worry about saving up for that one Anyone got Honda Fit/Toyota Prius for sale?

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:50   #17
craigepo
Quiet Professional

Some of the range finders have a type of "true ballistic ranging", wherein the range given is based on range and angle of shot. I'm curious as to how this mechanism works on actual shooting.

"One man with courage makes a majority." Andrew Jackson

"Well Mr. Carpetbagger. We got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."
Josey Wales
craigepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 20:41   #18
pyreaux
Guerrilla

I was able to play with the sig rangefinders at Shot Show. They seem to be quite nice and they may be worth looking into. Obviously it wasn't in field conditions and there's only so far you can see in the building, but the one seemingly thorough review I found seemed quite positive.
pyreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 15:45   #19
Harv
Asset

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Quut5IH8xA3yzg

I have a Bushnell 1500 Elite that I have been very happy with. The one I got is one the Army supposedly issues out on a limited basis. Has a UCP patterned case and a big yellow laser warning sticker on it (How I know its really Army issue).

Lases out to steel plates at 600 yds with no issues.

also has a tripod thread hole on the bottom. Runs off a 9V battery. built well and has an easy menu to nagivgate from yds to meters.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 23:35   #20
Penn
Area Commander

zero ability, but if I can put a round on target at a 1000, its worth your time.

https://www.gunwerks.com/
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 21:50   #21
frostfire
Area Commander

https://shop.brownells.com/optics-mo...SABEgInm_D_BwE

brownells has it on sale for $279.99 which cheaper than expertcity!
So if you are a savant with computer and apps, this one might be for you.
I'm saving up for a smaller, more portable unit

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 00:48   #22
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

Take a look at the SIG KILO 2400 model. It's a solid performer in its price range. They have other models if the 2400 is outside of your budget that are also excellent choices and lower in cost.

For most shooters, the SIG KILO series of LRFs will be more than adequate and are reasonably priced when it comes to LRFs. Anything that performs better than the SIG KILO series currently is in the Vectronix/$15k and up range.
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:25   #23
motivated99
Asset

I've had pretty good luck with the Bushnell 1 mile ARC. It's affordable (only $300) and I've used it to hit E type targets out to 960m.
Old 10-03-2017, 17:33   #24
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Spend a little extra money. http://www.bushnell.com/all-products...ile-conx-combo You'll thank me later.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 20:45   #25
TJ11B
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Spend a little extra money. http://www.bushnell.com/all-products...ile-conx-combo You'll thank me later.
Now that’s pretty cool. Basically turn your smart phone into a ballistic computer. High speed stuff there. I don’t think my Wife would agree I could afford it though.
Old 10-03-2017, 21:36   #26
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

I forgot to mention that the KILO 2400 has an onboard ballistic calculator (applied Ballistics), which aside from Field firing solutions and ColdBore ballistic calculators, is hard to beat when it comes to Ballistic computers.

Here are the complete specs:

https://store.appliedballisticsllc.c...oductCode=6001

Description
The KILO2400ABS is the world’s most advanced rangefinder featuring an embedded Applied Ballistics calculator, onboard environmental sensors and Bluetooth for synchronizing custom profiles with a free, downloadable ballistic app for your iOS or Android smartphone. Includes a tripod adapter, smartphone jack WindMETER, ballistic nylon Molle kit bag and nylon carry pouch, lanyard, 3 spare batteries, and SIG SAUER Tactical pen/stylus to get you up and running for long range precision target shooting and hunting.

The Sig Kilo 2400 ABS does not require a connection to the app to provide ballistic solutions. The app is only required for building and loading profiles on to the device. The Kilo 2400 operates completely on its own or when connected to the app. The choice is up to the operator. Further more, there is no limitation on the ballistic solution. While some range finders put a limit on how far they will provide firing solutions (500 yards, 1400 yards) the Kilo 2400 does not.

Features:
1. AB Ballistics Engine – Most accurate ballistic solver on the market. Trusted by professionals.
2. Gun Profile Management – Build, Edit, and Upload from the App to your device.
3. Multiple Profiles – Store up to 4 profiles on the device. 100 Profiles In App.
4. Ballistic Calibration – Muzzle Velocity and/or BC Calibration ability.
5. Custom Drag Models – AB was the first to develop a publically available system/library with Custom Drag Models. More accurate than G1/G7 BCs.
6. G1/G7 Tested Library – Users can choose CDM or G1/G7 when profile building.
7. Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, & Coriolis Effect are all calculated in the system(Embedded sensors adjust for this in real time).
8. Muzzle Velocity Temp-Table – Ability to train for muzzle velocity shift with temperature shift.
9. Free App – Comes with a free app for managing/using the device.
10. LightWave™ DSP Technology – Fastest and longest distance rangefinder engine.
11. Scan Mode with HyperScan™ Technology – Refreshes at 4x per second with RangeLock™.
12. Live Feed from sensors – When connected to the app , the readings on each screen will live update and display in the app.
13. Lumatic™ OLED Display – Automatic brightness adjustment, or custom set brightness level.
14. Customizable Reticle – You can change the look of the reticle by adding/removing parts of the milling grid.
15. Wind Meter Included – WeatherFlow Audio Jack Meter included to get wind speed and direction or input the wind speed and direction manual.
16. Target Mode – First, Last or Best options.
17. AMR Mode – Angle Modified Range (Inclination) can be turned on/off.
18. LOS Mode – Line Of Sight (No Inclination Calculation Adjustment).
19. Target Speed and Direction – Input via the app for calculation into firing solution.
20. Sensor Override ability – You can override the current sensor readings and input your own parameters such as Temp, Pressure, Direction of Fire etc.
21. Metric Support.
22. Compact Form Factor.
24. Unique Housing/Color – Magnesium, Flat Dark Earth, with Applied Ballistics Medallion.
25. Performance – 25% Performance Improvement over the Sig Kilo 2000.
26. Adjustable Timeout – Adjust the timeout on the LRF from the app to 30(Default), 60, or 180 seconds.

Included Equipment
1. Free App for Android & iOS.
2. One Piece, Solid Machined, Tripod Mount.
3. TYR Water Resistant Molle Gear Bag.
4. Padded Ballistic Nylon Case.
5. Wind Meter.
6. Sig Sauer Tactical Pen/Stylus.
7. Lanyard.
8. 3 Batteries.

Technical Specs
Compact Form Factor – 4.2in(107mm) Tall x 1.3in(33mm) Wide x 3in(76mm) Tall
Housing – Magnesium, Flat Dark Earth, Housing.
Lens – 7x25mm monocular with SpectraCoat™ anti-reflective coating.
Performance – Deer (1400 Yards), Trees (1800 Yards), Reflective Steel (2000 Yards+).
Field of View (FOV) @ 100 Yards – 35.67 ft.
Angular FOV – 6.78 degrees
Laser – 905nm
Laser Divergence – 1.3 Mils (4.4 MOA) Round.
Weight with battery – 7.5oz/215g
Exit Pupil – 3.6mm
Eye Relief – 15mm
Readings: Temperature, Pressure, Humidity, Density Altitude, Direction of Fire (Compass), Inclination (Vertical Angel to Target), Range.
Bluetooth BLE – Android/iOS/PC Compatible. Theoretical Max Range 100Meters(Perfect World).
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote