Old 08-20-2008, 08:43   #1
ranson777
Asset

Waiver

I have searched greatly for this same situation. I have had some trouble with the law in my past. However the majority have been dropped or dismissed because i was found not be in the wrong. However one thing that i did a have payed the price. i have not been in trouble for more then 2.5 years. The person who i was in the past doesnt reflect who i am today. i have been trying to go 18X then a second choice Ranger. However, i was denied a secret clearance. The Sergeant Majors It is Sergeants Major not Sergeant Majorsin charge of meps looked over my charges and said that they dont not out wiegh my postives. I scored a 91 on ASVAB, passed SEAL PST with higher competive scores, good team player, highly motivated, and i am willing to learn. Everyone who has every met me, Army and Navy, has tired to get me into spec ops. I believe i am a good choice for SF. I have researched and read plenty of books about SF and the 18X program. I think the 18X would be a smart choice over going to the infantry, because the steps they take them through. So the Sergeant Majors sent up a waiver to get me in 18X. However it came back neg. I was wondering if their was any way I could get my waiver approved or if there was somebody I could talk to help me out. I dont want to wait another two years at a chance. I know I can take whatever is thrown at me in 18X. You can PM me if you need more details about my charges or the Navy. I know once you get to know me then you will try to help. Thank You for reading. I hope i didnt mess up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Last edited by Pete; 08-21-2008 at 05:03.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59   #2
Pete
Quiet Professional

Might bit lower

Ranson, you may have to set your sights a bit lower.

All jobs in the Army are important in getting the job done. Ain't "fair" but that's the way it is.

Pete
Old 08-20-2008, 09:11   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I think you need to use the Search button and do some reading.

Clearances and criminal records have been discussed here thoroughly before.

With moral issues as you allude to, you are going to need to prove yourself before anyone is going to take a chance on you.

We can make people stronger, faster, better educated, etc.

The only things we cannot do is to make someone smarter or give them a sense of ethics.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 08-20-2008, 10:49   #4
ranson777
Asset

i know they have been discussed, but not in the same sense. I am respectfully asking for help from the professionals. If they know a way for me to get a chance to prove myself for an 18X. I am asking for a chance for you to make me stronger and faster. I believe a have the ethics and intelligences. Thank You Reaper.

Last edited by ranson777; 08-20-2008 at 18:45.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:57   #5
ranson777
Asset

I am currently living in New Orleans, if there is someone I can meet.

Last edited by ranson777; 08-20-2008 at 11:15.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:13   #6
Kyobanim

Why not just go 11 series and let nature take it's course?

And fill out your profile while you're at it.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Old 08-20-2008, 13:28   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranson777 View Post
i know they have been discussed, but not in the same sense. I am respectfully asking for help from the professionals. If they know a way for me to get a chance to prove myself for an 18X. I am asking for a chance for you to make me stronger and faster. I believe a have the ethics and smarts. Thank You Reaper.
That is not the way the system works.

If you have made mistakes, you need to soldier through them and prove yourself to us, not ask for special favors because you think you deserve them.

The 18X program is not intended to be rehabilitative or a bonus for people who have had problems already. It is a fast track for people with exceptional qualities and demonstrated ability.

Could you briefly explain how, with all of your intelligence, maturity, and ethics, you happened to run afoul of the law and wind up in this situation?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 08-20-2008, 14:23   #8
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
i know they have been discussed, but not in the same sense. I am respectfully asking for help from the professionals. If they know a way for me to get a chance to prove myself for an 18X. I am asking for a chance for you to make me stronger and faster. I believe a have the ethics and smarts. Thank You Reaper.
Young man.... If you have the smarts why are you so challenged with your writing. Your first posting on this thread gave me a headache reading. Please use the spell check and check your writing. No one is perfect but we strive for better than normal here. I think you need some time in a Infantry Division to earn your creds and redeem your self in the eyes of the military and them after a few years you may be able to apply. Heed the words of the QP's here and you may have a chance, Or Not it all depends on you...
Old 08-20-2008, 16:58   #9
RTK
Guerrilla

Whether you want to be Chief of Staff of the Army or Chief Mess cook, without any knowledge of what you did or what you've done to repent for your actions, I think it unsmart to ask complete strangers to vouch for you when we know nothing about you.

As a non-QP I'd be hard pressed to stand up for someone I know nothing about to serve in my branch. I know the gentlemen on this board have similar standards.

You're asking the QPs on this site to stand up for you with the potential that you'd be alongside them one day. That's a gamble I don't think anyone of them is willing to take.

Regardless of whether you think you've paid your debt, those who denied your waiver, taking a look at the facts seem to disagree. Whatever you did obviously gave others reason to question your integrity and willingness to abide by set standards. Life has consequences for certain actions. You're living through yours now.

One last thing; the people on this board are here either as QPs or guests. I'm pretty sure I speak for all associated with this forum when I say this. We got to where we are the right way, without cutting corners. To ask us to compromise our duty, respect for our Army, honor, and integrity in order to find you a loophole or work-around the system contradicts an honor code of ethics and values which are the cornerstone of our Army. I'm unwilling to serve alongside anyone who could compromise so willingly the values we hold dear. If that's what you're looking for, you came to the wrong place and you're seeking employment in the wrong Army.
Old 08-20-2008, 18:37   #10
ranson777
Asset

RTK, I think you misunderstood what I was asking for. I plan on joining the army 18X or not. I simply came here asking for advice. I wanted to make sure that I have exhausted ever possiblilty for an 18X contract or option 40. Also, I was seeing if there was someone who I could meet or contact so that they could see that I am not just another average person off the street. I do not cut corners nor plan to do so. If I would have just gave up on a 18X contract when my waiver was denied then I would just be a quitter. But I want to make sure that there is no other way in. Thank you, and I apologize if anyone thinks I am trying to get an easy way in. I am not afarid of hard work.

Last edited by ranson777; 08-20-2008 at 18:40.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:43   #11
RTK
Guerrilla

Quote:
I have searched greatly for this same situation. I have had some trouble with the law in my past. However the majority have been dropped or dismissed because i was found not be in the wrong. However one thing that i did a have payed the price. i have not been in trouble for more then 2.5 years. The person who i was in the past doesnt reflect who i am today. i have been trying to go 18X then a second choice Ranger. However, i was denied a secret clearance. The Sergeant Majors in charge of meps looked over my charges and said that they dont not out wiegh my postives. I scored a 91 on ASVAB, passed SEAL PST with higher competive scores, good team player, highly motivated, and i am willing to learn. Everyone who has every met me, Army and Navy, has tired to get me into spec ops. I believe i am a good choice for SF. I have researched and read plenty of books about SF and the 18X program. I think the 18X would be a smart choice over going to the infantry, because the steps they take them through. So the Sergeant Majors sent up a waiver to get me in 18X. However it came back neg. I was wondering if their was any way I could get my waiver approved or if there was somebody I could talk to help me out. I dont want to wait another two years at a chance. I know I can take whatever is thrown at me in 18X. You can PM me if you need more details about my charges or the Navy. I know once you get to know me then you will try to help. Thank You for reading. I hope i didnt mess up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
Quote:
I do not cut corners nor plan to do so.
I have reason to question your integrity now. You don't get it, do you?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:26   #12
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Whether you want to be Chief of Staff of the Army or Chief Mess cook, without any knowledge of what you did or what you've done to repent for your actions, I think it unsmart to ask complete strangers to vouch for you when we know nothing about you.

As a non-QP I'd be hard pressed to stand up for someone I know nothing about to serve in my branch. I know the gentlemen on this board have similar standards.

You're asking the QPs on this site to stand up for you with the potential that you'd be alongside them one day. That's a gamble I don't think anyone of them is willing to take.

Regardless of whether you think you've paid your debt, those who denied your waiver, taking a look at the facts seem to disagree. Whatever you did obviously gave others reason to question your integrity and willingness to abide by set standards. Life has consequences for certain actions. You're living through yours now.

One last thing; the people on this board are here either as QPs or guests. I'm pretty sure I speak for all associated with this forum when I say this. We got to where we are the right way, without cutting corners. To ask us to compromise our duty, respect for our Army, honor, and integrity in order to find you a loophole or work-around the system contradicts an honor code of ethics and values which are the cornerstone of our Army. I'm unwilling to serve alongside anyone who could compromise so willingly the values we hold dear. If that's what you're looking for, you came to the wrong place and you're seeking employment in the wrong Army.
ranson777,

We're done giving you advice. The above advice is about as good as you're going to get.

Now it's time to move on, time to reach down deep and do what's necessary to accomplish your dreams. No one here is going to hold your hand or write you a letter of recommendation.

It's time to take full responsibility for your actions past and present.

If as you say "I know I can take whatever is thrown at me in 18X" then I'm sure you'll find a way in.

As has been said, all of us made it on our own merits, we didn't ask for help or assistance. That's not how we work, we ask no quarter and none is given.

This thread is over.

Team Sergeant