Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 12-03-2009, 15:15   #1
MeC86
Guerrilla

The North Face Professional

I read on this site before that The North Face offers a professional discount, but I dont believe there was a link posted. I was able to locate the link and signed up. I was accepted in as a SWAT sniper so I really doubt any QP's would have difficulty being accepted.

They will require you to write a small paragraph detialing why your job would be made easier with the use of North Face gear.

Products are offered at 50-60% off their regular price.

http://thenorthface.3point5.com
MeC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 16:52   #2
MackallResident
Auxiliary

this has been getting heavy circulation, I have seen it on two others forums as well.

BTW: I am a member, but I wonder how long it will last since it has gone viral. Oakley does the same sort of thing, but their products are allowed in the conventional Army. The northface, albeit I have some of their products, are not authorized on my side of the fence. More power to the white and black SOF though, this is a good deal.

I will use it while I can.

BTW: My white and black reference was to job description, not race, gender, color, religion or national origin. (EO NCO speaking )
MackallResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 17:01   #3
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Great find!!

RF 1
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 19:37   #4
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Bought my last tent this summer from them!!!

OR and Merrell do these as well:

http://outdoorresearch.3point5.com/action/pro

http://www.merrellprodeal.com/Login.aspx

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post
Bought my last tent this summer from them!!!

OR and Merrell do these as well:

http://outdoorresearch.3point5.com/action/pro

http://www.merrellprodeal.com/Login.aspx

Where do you get the codes they require to sign up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
Mountain Hardwear is also a big supporter. I set up the prodeal program with my unit in the past but they have gone and made it easier. As long as you have an active AKO account you can join the program. It takes a day or two to verify but the prices are worth it.
http://prodeal.mountainhardwear.com/newaccount.html

Patagonia has a pro program as well as Arc'Teryx, military is GTG, though they tend to be pretty far left enviro-whackos. The stuff from Arc'Teryx is incredibly expensive, even with the discount.

https://www.patagonia.com/web/uspro/...?assetid=47131

http://www.arcteryx.com/Service-Forms.aspx?PROPRCH

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:40   #6
KolB
Quiet Professional

Hitting the Submit Application button sends you to their sign up page. No need for a code.

--The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
Marcus Aurelius
KolB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolB View Post
Hitting the Submit Application button sends you to their sign up page. No need for a code.
OR asks for an email address, and a code. If you are able to click through without a code, I am missing how you are doing it.

Thanks for the assist.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:38   #8
skylinedrive
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Where do you get the codes they require to sign up?

http://prodeal.mountainhardwear.com/newaccount.html

Patagonia has a pro program as well as Arc'Teryx, military is GTG, though they tend to be pretty far left enviro-whackos. The stuff from Arc'Teryx is incredibly expensive, even with the discount.

https://www.patagonia.com/web/uspro/...?assetid=47131

http://www.arcteryx.com/Service-Forms.aspx?PROPRCH

TR

The stuff from Arcteryx is incredibly good, I've been using an Alpha jacket from their Leaf programm for a few years and it's the best I've ever had. I put it through heavy use, wearing it on a daily basis in autumn and winter, in the forests where I often have to crawl through thorns and dense undergrowth, it takes a pretty bad abuse and it is still in a top condition.

Lately www.amronintl.com had interesting prices on the arcteryx stuff.
skylinedrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:00   #9
MeC86
Guerrilla

Check this one out as well....

http://www.steepandcheap.com

Its ran through backcountry.com and they have some phenominal deals.

They offer a limited number of a certain product for 30 min at a huge discount....then it changes. I've purchased several items from here.

Try www.chainlove.com for Mtn Bike gear and www.tramdock.com for ski/snowboarding

Last edited by MeC86; 12-04-2009 at 10:03.
MeC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 20:28   #10
cosmok
Asset

They let a lowly puddle pirate like me sign up, I don't think they will turn any of you guys down.

Eric
cosmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 21:46   #11
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Pro Deals have been around as long as rock apes have needed sponsors. Apparently back in the day, poor climbers would simply write letters to companies "begging" for gear and since word of mouth is the best commercial, companies often sent out samples of products looking for input.

3point5 has pro deals on these brands

promotive has pro deals available to Mil, LEO, FF, and AAI guides

I'm a Mountain Hardwear whore (IMO, their gear is high quality and cheaper than TNF and Arc'teryx) so here's their pro deal too. I also am a huge fan of La Sportiva and they are a part of Outdoor Prolink.

Ahh...so much gear and only 26 pay periods each year.
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 23:08   #12
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

I am partial to Kaenon (Kore model) polarized sunglasses. They also offer discounts to the military.

Quote:
Hello all,

Kaenon has launched a new website! We are updating our look and continue to progress even with the tough times. Each of you are apart of what is known as Kaenon’s Pro Price program in which you and your corresponding parties are able to take advantage of our great deals and discounted rate.

With the new website comes new procedures and ways of going about business. Now our website has an integrated pro price program which you each can access and continue to t advantage of until Jan 2010. The following code will give you access until that date. This does not mean that you are no longer able to receive great deals on great eyewear it simply means that you have to renew your code with us. This is so we can continue to stay in touch with you and provide you better service.

SERVPRO110

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Please visit www.kaenon.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRO PRICING SHEET.jpg (48.6 KB, 182 views)

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 23:24   #13
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Mountain Hardwear is also a big supporter. I set up the prodeal program with my unit in the past but they have gone and made it easier. As long as you have an active AKO account you can join the program. It takes a day or two to verify but the prices are worth it.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58   #14
sneakypete
FTFSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
I am partial to Kaenon (Kore model) polarized sunglasses. They also offer discounts to the military.
+1 on Kaenon. I own a couple pairs and love them so much that I have purchased them for my brothers, mom, dad, and girlfriend. They really are fabulous. The C12 lens on sunny days makes everything look so nice. The lens does a great job with saturation and aids with depth perception.
sneakypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59   #15
j942rhino
Asset

Promotive.com Tactical Pro-deals

I run the Tactical program at Promotive. As a current/retired member of the military you can join for free at www.promotive.com/ext/tactical. We currently have about 40+ brands on there that are tactical and or recreational in nature. I'm working every day to add more tactical brands to allow operators to get the job done as efficiently as possible. If there are certain brands that you'd like pro-deal access to please let me know.
jhaskell@swarmbuilder.com

Thanks for your service.
j942rhino is offline   Reply With Quote