Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > Mindset

Old 06-02-2012, 11:47   #1
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Some have it,some don't.........

That's all that needs to be said.........

Big Teddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Says more about you........jpg (44.9 KB, 438 views)
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 14:38   #2
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

That poster was on the wall in my classroom, along with the one that said, "Join a Minority Group" and showed the beret. Now they're in a box. I need to find a place for them...
Old 06-02-2012, 15:10   #3
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
That poster was on the wall in my classroom, along with the one that said, "Join a Minority Group" and showed the beret. Now they're in a box. I need to find a place for them...
Great to hear from you,I noticed you hadn't posted for a while....... Where you on vacation or just taking a break?....... Speaking of posters maybe you can help me on a question I've got.....I have a large(regular size I guess)poster of every SF MOH recipient in Vietnam with their picture put on the VN background map as to where he received it when it happened......I don't know to reduce it so I can make it small enough to post,yet large enough to read........ Got any ideas?........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

Old 06-02-2012, 15:15   #4
MR2
Quiet Professional

Framed and on the wall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.JPG (86.8 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0003.JPG (96.5 KB, 249 views)

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 17:16   #5
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Framed and on the wall.

De Oppresso Liber

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney

Old 06-03-2012, 13:48   #6
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Great to hear from you,I noticed you hadn't posted for a while....... Where you on vacation or just taking a break?....... Speaking of posters maybe you can help me on a question I've got.....I have a large(regular size I guess)poster of every SF MOH recipient in Vietnam with their picture put on the VN background map as to where he received it when it happened......I don't know to reduce it so I can make it small enough to post,yet large enough to read........ Got any ideas?........

Big Teddy
It's nice to be missed! I have been taking a little break, and was on a short computer/smartphone-less vacation. I took my life into my hands and drove to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Sonora, Mexico. (The only deaths during the time I was away occurred in S. Arizona - where five unfortunates were found in their charred Ford Expedition in the infamous Vekol Valley of Pinal County - where the now-openly gay sheriff was once criticized for his border rants because his county was not along the actual border.)

As to your computer-poster dilemma... I've got nothing. I'd take a good photo of the poster, scan the picture, and post that - then one can use the "zoom" feature to explore detail... but JJ would be your best bet amongst us FOG's as to how to do it... or Richard - if he doesn't know, he'll research and find it... he's not lazy like I am.)
Old 06-03-2012, 14:56   #7
Richard
Quiet Professional

Check your PMs, Teddy. I look forward to you posting that poster.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:36   #8
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Check your PMs, Teddy. I look forward to you posting that poster.

Richard
Done.........

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney