Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 01-16-2010, 08:26   #1
Buck
Quiet Professional

A Great pair of working boots

Guys,
Not sure how many appreciate a great pair of working boots, but after signing up for the different pro deals off here, I went to promotive.com, and acquired a nice set of the Kayland Vertigo High boots. This is an extremely comfortable boot, very light weight, and has the new Event Technology for better breathing, and water proofing. I like these boots so much, I am considering ordering another pair to shelf for future use, as a great boot at some point, becomes hard to find as styles change.

This boot would be great for a good hiking boot, good technical climbing boot as it accepts crampons, probably not acceptable for high altitude, very cold temperatures, where an Alpine Lowa, or Mendl boot would be used.

I would also very much consider this boot for tactical use, based on the weight and durability factor, the boot is very well built. One thing I like is the stiffness in the ankle movement, which while running in terrain where it is easy to turn an ankle on a stone, these would be great. The cocoa color scheme is not flashy, and would fit well with 5.11 gear, or military uniforms. I have inserted a couple of photos.

One additional noted feature I have always found useful in a good working boot would be a fairly high wrap around the front of the boot of thick rubber, which alleviates cuts, and wear on the leather while either prone, or working in higher altitudes.

I'd highly recommend this boot, and off the promotive site they cost me $121.00, against the retail pricing of $220.00.

Buck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kayland Vertigo High.jpg (49.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Kayland Vertigo High1.jpg (54.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Kayland Vertigo High2.jpg (21.2 KB, 83 views)
Old 01-16-2010, 09:36   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Buck:

Never heard of the company. Look nice though.

How true does the sizing run? I have a WIDE foot.

Thanks for the review.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:49   #3
wet dog

I'm needing new boots along this style myself, I'll look for them.

Reaper, you may have to go to custom boots like Drews, Whites, etc. Look for a Packer style, (lace up cowboy).
I've worn custom boots all my life, never disapointed. Think like a forest ranger/fire fighter, combat dude.

Last edited by wet dog; 01-16-2010 at 09:52.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:17   #4
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

Thanks, Buck - will have to check these out! I, too am interested in a WIDE shoe - now TR and WD - you know why I wear "slippers" ALL the time!!!

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36   #5
Buck
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Buck:

Thanks for the review.

TR
TR,
Sorry I'm just getting back to this. In reference to a WIDE fit, I was a bit worried also, as my foot runs a bit wide. I called Kayland, and they said order 1 half size larger then you normally would. I ordered the next half size larger, and these fit perfectly, even with a good wool sock, which is what I like them sized to. Whatever size you wear, just get the next half size larger and you should be fine.

Buck
Old 01-17-2010, 12:04   #6
HowardCohodas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Buck:

Thanks for the review.

TR
According to Consumer Search,
  • May not fit extra wide feet
  • Women report needing to size up
Old 01-17-2010, 22:22   #7
JoeyB
Quiet Professional

Buck
you have a chance to wear them boots in warm weather? If so how do they do? too hot? sweaty?

I just had a pair of Raichles blow up, had them for 15 years, damn good boots I gotta replace
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 21:18   #8
Buck
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
Buck
you have a chance to wear them boots in warm weather? If so how do they do? too hot? sweaty?

I just had a pair of Raichles blow up, had them for 15 years, damn good boots I gotta replace
Joey,
Haven't wore them yet in warm weather, but these boots aren't real thick like a pair of meindl's I have. Like I said before, and I've been wearing them now for a few weeks, and they are comfortable as hell. I expect, plan rather to wear these with military uniform, as deployment boots. I am definately ordering an extra set like I mentioned.

Buck