Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2018, 10:25   #11
cronjob
Asset

Introduction

I am 26 years old, currently finishing up my PhD. I have spent the last 2 or 3 years thinking about Army Special Forces every single day, reading just about every book and resource I could find on the topic (and related topics). While I could support the goals of our country scientifically, I am motivated to do more. I am an avid distance runner and have been working out regularly with a (now) friend who has successfully trained several others for selection.

I love shooting, hunting, backpacking, and the outdoors. I grew up around firearms, and feel comfortable, but prepared to learn a lot more. I also love to scuba dive, and try to dive year round. My training is as an experimental nuclear physicist, which, unless I'm disarming nuclear weapons will most likely not be directly used; still, I hope to continue applying an analytical and thoughtful approach to problem solving in my work, whatever it may be.

I currently live in North Carolina, not too far from Fort Bragg, although I don't personally know any SF soldiers in the area (aside from some beers with an 18D I randomly met).

While it will be a big leap for me to change over to the military, I am motivated to do so, and looking forward to the possibility of a future involving Special Forces. I intend to enter as an 18X shortly after I complete my doctorate.
cronjob is offline   Reply With Quote