Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 04-13-2009, 04:51   #1
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

KLA / UÇK

For those of us who vacationed in the area...and those working there still...

R10

Horrors of KLA prison camps revealed
Michael Montgomery
BBC Radio 4, Crossing Continents

The man spoke plainly as he explained the horrors he lived through in a Kosovo Liberation Army prison camp 10 years ago. He told me about how he watched people beaten with steel pipes, cut with knives, left for days without food, and shot and killed.

"What can you feel when you see those things?" he said. "It's something that is stuck in my mind for the rest of my life. You cannot do those things to people, not even to animals."

As the man talked, his mother paced nervously in the nearby kitchen. She was panicked and tears were streaming down her face.

"They'll kill him, they'll kill him," she moaned, clutching one of her grandchildren.

But her son persisted. We spent hours in the family's sitting room as our source detailed allegations of possible war crimes by KLA officers in a military camp in the Albanian border town of Kukes.

It was a crucial interview for a delicate story I have been investigating for years.

Full story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7990984.stm

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote