Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-04-2004, 23:43   #16
Ghostrider
Tank Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Psywar1-0
yep he can hold 10.

That seems to be the best bet with any of the hellcat setups. The 6 internals and 4 on the outside I like to add a redimag or magcinch so that I have an even 12 at the ready. Another 6 normal mags on the ruck and 2 mags of all tracer. But hey I dont have to hump it much, the Helo does the humping for me.
Yes 10 mags...however, in a pinch the EGL PLP (and even the mini-rolly poly) will fit at least a couple mags from what I can tell. Plus the beauty of the modular system is that pouches can be mixed and matched based on the mission. More ammo, replace a gp pouch for another ammo pouch. The possibilities are endless .
Old 05-05-2004, 23:28   #17
eggroll
Guerrilla

Incoming gear to be released in the next 2-3 weeks for your viewing pleasure :P
Old 05-07-2004, 09:03   #18
molsen
Asset

Quote:
Are you talking about the sketches you showed me the other day ago?!?!
molsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 22:36   #19
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Nice rig Tank Boy.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:31   #20
Ghostrider
Tank Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Nice rig Tank Boy.
Thanks NDD......but no "you're a tanker, you wouldn't know what to do with that rig" comment????? You must be working very hard right now.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:46   #21
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Have to give credit where credit is due.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 14:41   #22
Alex F
Auxiliary

Now, when you're bending over the side to get your tray of food from the loader, do you have to compensate for the extra weight on the front?

lol
Alex F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 14:51   #23
Ghostrider
Tank Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex F
Now, when you're bending over the side to get your tray of food from the loader, do you have to compensate for the extra weight on the front?

lol
No, my loader serves my food by placing in front of me....great service! LOL!
Old 05-26-2004, 15:00   #24
Alex F
Auxiliary

All kidding aside, that's a great rig you've got there. I'm leaning towards a MAV myself.

For uh... range use. And the odd end of the world scenario.
Old 05-26-2004, 17:20   #25
High Speed
Asset

Quote:
Originally posted by eggroll
Now that's not my new gear is it ?
Egg , be shootin some new Interceptor add-on material pic's to you in a few days . Got the proto-type started today . For EGG's philosophy , you can carry up to 24 mags and 2 100oz. bladders before you add any other pouches ! Good-bye arm-pit burns , LOL !!!

Gene
High Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:50   #26
37F5V
Guerrilla

Fit??

GR,

I used to be a DAT myself a few years back (A Co 1/68).... How in the hell are you going to fit in the TC hatch with that thing on?

John
Old 05-27-2004, 07:15   #27
Ghostrider
Tank Boy

Re: Fit??

Quote:
Originally posted by PSYRGR
GR,

I used to be a DAT myself a few years back (A Co 1/68).... How in the hell are you going to fit in the TC hatch with that thing on?
Good question. I think if I arrange the pockets just right it should work. Because the majority of the mag pockets are internal the rig is pretty "low profile"......even if it doesn't work that's ok because I'm not doing much tanking myself anymore so I mainly set it up for hummer mounted/dismounted activity.

I'll be T&Eing ove the next few months and will update
Old 05-27-2004, 10:39   #28
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Re: Re: Fit??

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghostrider
Good question. I think if I arrange the pockets just right it should work. Because the majority of the mag pockets are internal the rig is pretty "low profile"......even if it doesn't work that's ok because I'm not doing much tanking myself anymore so I mainly set it up for hummer mounted/dismounted activity.

I'll be T&Eing ove the next few months and will update
It is your decision, but I disagree with you on wearing it in a vehicle.

In an armored vehicle, you take a hit, roll into a body of water or have an on board fire and try to unass the vehicle blind, disoriented, on fire, or seriously injured, that stuff is going to trap you and may cause someone else to be stuck trying to get you out. I wouldn't wear anything I couldn't easily exit with, and put the rest in a bustle rack. The tank or Brad is the weapon, you need to be configured to fight that, not as an infantryman.

In a Hummer, you need to be able to operate the crew served weapons, if any, and get in and out quickly.

Dismounted, you need to be able to fight and render first aid with what you have on, so you may be okay for that mission.

Just my .02.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:05   #29
Razor
Quiet Professional

Damn, well-spoken for a 'light' guy. Seriously, I'd put any dismounted gear in the bustle rack (maybe even your rifle, snap-linked to the rack and loosley wrapped up), like TR suggested, and grab it on the way out the turret. Of course, tankers have the luxury of spacious living in their turrets, unlike their cramped, sardine-like Bradley bretheren (especially when you're 6'2" and 195lbs).
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 14:26   #30
Alex F
Auxiliary

Hey, you can sleep on the floor of the Brad turret if you're tired enough.