Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 09-03-2004, 16:01   #31
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Roger, the AF is 6". Should fit like it was made for it.
So is the MALICE clip deal a go, or Not?

Come on now if you're going to bust my chops on this; at least give me feedback
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 16:09   #32
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Most affirmative a go. Good job.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 16:15   #33
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Glad to be a help.

Good Times
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06   #34
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Hey has any one had any commo with Gene or the guys at HSGI lately? I see that he hasn't been around here in awhile, and I haven't been getting the prompt email responses I typically get from them.

Last time we talked, he did say they were real busy, but I'm talking like a two month delay in hearing back from him. Just curious if any one else has been in touch?
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:10   #35
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoadtrippin View Post
Hey has any one had any commo with Gene or the guys at HSGI lately? I see that he hasn't been around here in awhile, and I haven't been getting the prompt email responses I typically get from them.

Last time we talked, he did say they were real busy, but I'm talking like a two month delay in hearing back from him. Just curious if any one else has been in touch?
My emails to him have gone without any response for several months.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 15:59   #36
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Interesting. Thanks for the reply TR.

I had some communication with him back at Christmas that went just fine and I got a modified rig as a gift in time for the holiday. Since then it has been down hill. I did get one email back in January explaining a shorter delay as being "detained with other business." No way to tell of course if this just means super busy or if there is some behind the scenes issue(s). He has uploaded 2 new (and rather cool) items on the site in the past 2-3 weeks though so something must be still kicking over there.

I suppose I will check some other sources for a couple items I was needing.
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
Old 03-29-2010, 14:48   #37
High Speed
Asset

Hey guys , still around . Just taking the back seat for awhile . Hips have been killing me making it hard to get around . Plus I am trying to get caught up with all the custom work . Just a thought , thousands of you guys and only one of me . Hired a new guy to watch the front door until I'm able to drive again . Topher is his name (topher@hsgi.us) . He can handle just about everything except custom orders at which I only receive .
Got a lot of irons in the fire with big jobs and more on the horizon . The Gals in the shop are running like raped apes trying to full-fill all the orders to get them out as quickly as possible . If I missed anyone's e-mail , my apology . It's been overwhelming to say the least to juggle everything that is going on right now . Please e-mail me again if I missed anyone .

Gene @ HSGI
High Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 18:16   #38
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Hey Gene,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Thanks for the communication. I am sure you've got my numerous emails, but I will wait a few days and then hit you back up again if I don't hear from you. I'm relieved to hear you guys are still around and just swamped. I'd be up a creek without all your great gear.

NR
Old 10-29-2010, 17:11   #39
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Very Frustrated

I am torn as to whether or not I should have posted this comment, but in the end I feel like the only recourse I have as a customer is to share my experience with others in hopes that it will motivate an improved response from a business if their customer base becomes unhappy.

As best I can calculate, I have spent in excess of $700 with HSGI since early 2008. To me, that's a decent amount of money spent on a single maker's nylon. Maybe I am considered small fries in the big picture, and that has been the reason my current inquiries are being ignored.

My initial orders with HSGI were always dealt with promptly and with excellent communication. Upon ordering my first rig in 2008, Gene sent me personal emails and extended a sale price past the initial deadline as he was gone to SHOT when I was trying to order. Other orders in '08 through December '09 were great. Topher, the staff member mentioned by Gene above, went so far as to email about a color I chose for an item in one order when he saw that it did not match the other items. Great service...going the extra mile...

In December '09, I ordered a custom Warlord with a number of modifications. Gene and I emailed multiple times and spoke on the phone as we nailed this down. Everything went great and I had a fantastic Christmas gift by the 25th.

Here is the commo I started with him as of January. Please bear with me, I wanted to give an honest picture of why I am so frustrated with a company I like so much.

from <d.****.****@gmail.com>
sender-time Sent at 22:14 Current time there: 4:34 PM. ✆
to Sales <sales@hsgi.us>
date Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 22:14
subject B**** Custom Warlord

Hey Gene,

I am loving my Warlord so far. Its great having the additional columns and features. I want to try and perfect just a couple of things.

The first is the hydration carrier attachment points. I think I probably shot myself in the foot with this one by requesting the velcro loops for routing. The fastex buckles are just too far back for my liking. I want the hydro carrier to ride higher up. I.e. reducing the distance between the 2 1/2" main buckle and the 1" hyrdo carrier buckle.

The only other thing has to do with the shoulder straps as well. I still really want to try and close the unpadded gap under the 2 1/2" buckles. That was a big issue for me on the other rig after wearing it for a number of hours.

I think my straps could be modified, but I would need completely new pads. Do you want me to send out my current straps? Or I can send both the pads and straps and you can resell these. They haven't seen any hard use yet. Just some trial runs.

I'd also like to see if the pads could be narrowed any? There doesn't seem to be a lot of room, but about a half inch narrower would be great for me.

Thanks so much.

B

from B <d.********@gmail.com>
sender-time Sent at 10:47 (GMT-06:00). Current time there: 4:34 PM. ✆
to Sales <sales@hsgi.us>
date Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:47
subject Fwd: Custom Warlord
mailed-by gmail.com

Hi Gene and company,

I just wanted to be sure you had gotten the below email from me as a follow up to the Warlord you made me.

Thanks,

B

- Show quoted text -

[SAME EMAIL AS ABOVE REPEATS. CUT TO SAVE SPACE]

from Sales <sales@hsgi.us>
sender-time Sent at 06:54 (GMT-05:00). Current time there: 5:35 PM. ✆
to B <d.********@gmail.com>
date Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 06:54
subject Re: Custom Warlord

hide details Feb 4

B ,
Sorry for the delayed response . I have been detain with other business , so it was hard for me to respond . I'll get a set of them pads made for you as decribed [THESE NEVER CAME] . As far as the width , I will try . Sewing the binding tape on the pads edges is a tedious process . It is also more difficult binding the corners . I'll try to narrow them , but cannot make any promises on the width . Just keep the pads you have for spares .
Before I try to narrow the pad , try routing your hydration tube on the outside of the shoulder straps , under the pad's securing straps . Try that to see if that helps . You also might want to relocate the top hydration straps from the uni-loops down to the carriers MOLLE webbing . This will raise the carrier some and might take up so excess space .

Gene

show details Feb 4

No worries, I completely understand and don't mean to be impatient at all. I just wanted to make sure it had come through all right.

All of that sounds good on the pads. I understand if they cannot be narrowed. In the response, you mentioned the pad changes but not the changes do the actual buckle locations on the straps, I just want to make sure you saw those as well. Also, I really appreciate you doing all of this. Are you sure I can't send you mine to alter or resell? I don't want you to have to spend a bunch of unpaid time working to change something I asked for in the first place. Just let me know what I owe you.

B

show details Feb 4

Hey , As long as your patient , so am I , LOL !
I cannot mod the pads because of the neoprene . Being rubber based , it hard to sew on the sewing machine . We have to sew it upside down , as the rubber is like throwing on the brakes ! Rubber will not slide on metal . We even have to put a paper barrier , sew and then remove the paper and it gets messy . Tight turns on the binding machine is a BEAR too .
We look at it this way , We want our customer HAPPY with our gear . And if it takes some extra effort to do , well be it . We do not sweat the small stuff . Take the extra , use them on a plate carrier or something else . We sell a bunch of them to go onto other Brands .

Gene

show details Feb 5

Sounds good. Do you have a ball park time frame you think it might take to work up the new straps and pads?

B

show details Feb 15

Hey Gene and company,

I just wanted to touch base and see if there was any update on my shoulder straps and pads? Also, I want to buy another pouch, but need it shrunk down just a bit.

I would like to take the 2-qt pouch you already have and make it narrower by one inch as well as 1" less depth. So the dimensions would be 6.75x5x3. I'd like to have it setup to run 3 columns of PALS wide. That might mean each column is a bit wider than typical, but that is exactly what I want because I actually only want to run it on two columns the way the Warlord is currently setup. So, it would be laid out in such a way on the back that either two or three columns would suit it. Hopefully that makes sense.

Should I just buy the 2-qt pouch on the site and add the modification in the description?

I would really like to have these by March 4th if at all possible.

I really appreciate you guys! Hopefully you aren't too swamped over there, but I suppose its certainly good for business.

B

show details Feb 28

Gene,

Its been a couple of weeks since our last communication so I wanted to touch base and see if you had gotten to my spot in the line yet? Any movement on the straps, pads, and pouch? I placed an actual order for the pouch that I imagine you are aware of. Just checking in.

Thanks!

B

-_______________________________

B ✆
to Sales

show details Mar 22

Hey Gene,

I understand you guys are really busy. It has been almost 60 days since I first emailed about the new pads and straps, and about 45 days since placing the order for the additional pouch. I don't mind being understanding and continuing to wait a bit longer, but I would greatly appreciate some communication as to the status of my orders.

Thanks,

B

show details Apr 9

Gene,

Can you please let me know the status of my shoulder straps as well as my other order? The number on it is 8267.

Thanks for any help.

B

B ✆
to Sales

show details Jun 5

Gene, etc,

I placed my order for a hydration pouch with some changes back in February. Also, Gene we discussed my modified shoulder straps in January. I have spent hundreds of dollars with HSGI. I understand that may be small fries compared to a contract that covers multiple people or a whole unit, but its a lot of my hard earned money and I haven't gotten so much as a single email back in months.

Please let me know where my orders stand ASAP.

B

B✆
to topher

show details Oct 8

Hey Topher,

I read on professionalsoldiers.com that Gene has you working the front end these days helping field all the emails and such.

I also read that Gene is the point person for custom items, and most of my questions (if not all) are dealing with custom pieces, but I haven't heard from him in a number of months despite numerous emails so I thought I would write you.

If you get this, please email me back and let me know that you all are still around.

Thanks,

B

As you can read, I have not had a single bit of communication since the email about how much HSGI cares about their customers and wants to get things right. In spite of this, I have continued to support their product and recently placed an order with OP Tactical for an admin pouch HSGI wouldn't respond directly to me about. I love their stuff, but am at a loss of what to think about such crap communication. Even after Gene came onto PS.com a few months ago and responded to my original complaint about missing emails, he still has not responded to me a single time. I'm not sure why I've been blacklisted, but its ridiculous to not even respond to a customer.

Buyer beware.
Old 11-20-2010, 20:09   #40
eggroll
Guerrilla

Has this issue been addressed? I see that Topher and Gene are both on facebook and have been timely in responses back to me.