Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-14-2024, 10:37   #1
cbtengr
Area Commander

Duty Honor Country

If you are in the military what else is there? Someone put these words to music a long time ago and as a veteran I was asked to recite them at a band concert, I was several years out of the Army at the time and I wore my uniform on stage and read a prepared script as the band played. After the concert several people approached me to tell me how moved they were by the performance. Those three words meant so much to me then and they still do today. The culture that has overtaken our military sickens me.

West Point military academy drops 'Duty, Honor, Country' motto from its mission statement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...woke-army.html
Old 03-14-2024, 11:13   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

Here is the Superintendent's Explanation...

If you can take a non-biased look at what he writes you will see that they aren't actually removing the motto of "Duty, Honor, Country" from their mission statement - they are just rewriting their mission so that is doesn't include the motto of "Duty, Honor, Country"
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 03-14-2024 at 11:16.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:45   #3
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

If you can take a non-biased look at what he writes you will see that they aren't actually removing the motto of "Duty, Honor, Country" from their mission statement - they are just rewriting their mission so that is doesn't include the motto of "Duty, Honor, Country"
That reminds me of Pelosi saying they had to pass the bill in order to know what was in the bill.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:14   #4
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

I have learned from my corporate required indoctrination training that I am guilty of unconscious bias. That said, I think the idea sucks.
Old 03-14-2024, 13:45   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
...I think the idea sucks.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 03-14-2024, 15:05   #6
PRB
Quiet Professional

Agree with box.... there are enough real issues to dig into...this ain't one of them.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:30   #7
milkman
Auxiliary

Duty, Honor , Country required no explanation.

Army values ? Requires an explanation ?
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:46   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Duty, Honor , Country required no explanation...
Have you been paying attention to the "real" state of the union lately ??

In 21st century America Duty, Honor , Country ABSOLUTELY requires an explanation.

Women have penises
Men can get pregnant
Congressmen can bang Chinese hookers without consequence
The FBI and CIA directors can fabricate evidence against an elected president without consequence
Voting sites can shut down for the night and produce tens of thousands of votes out of nowhere while they sleep
The POTUS is sharp, he's focused, and he is on point...

The is West Point we are talking about - the United States Military Academy...
They have been a woke SJW institution for close to a decade now.

For fuck sake - they had a cadet that was posing with "Communism Will Win" in his fucking hat - he posed with his uniform open so all could see his Che Guevera t-shirt
...nothing - until public outcry forced the Armies hand.

His peers knew his shenanigans, his superiors knew his shenanigans
...nothing - until public outcry forced the Armies hand.

Everything that has gone on at West POint over the years is out loud and in your face for all to see - and nobody has been skinned alive in the public square - or hung at dawn as an example.

What you are seeing IS the example - so why be shocked
why act surprised
why pretend that it isnt happening

There are so many other things going wrong with this country that can still be nudged back onto the path - these institutions took DECADES to corrupt - letters to the superintendent only work if it is to complain that your gender dysphoria isnt being taken seriously

that is all

go west point, something something army values
Biden/Harris in 2024 - 2028 - 20232 !!!
lets finish the job !!!

Last edited by Box; 03-15-2024 at 07:52.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:02   #9
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

^^^^^^^ Box, you always bring clarity to any situation! Thanks for the enlightenment.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:42   #10
milkman
Auxiliary

Duty, Honor and Country, didn't require an explanation to my Vietnam generation.
We were taught by quiet professionals. The WWII generation, the Korean war generation, the Vietnam war generation.
What has this WOK ? generation taught the quiet professional generation?
We are waiting. We are watching. We are listening in silence, to those who speak what is obvious to everyone so that their fans may applaud their wisdom.
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:41   #11
Razor
Quiet Professional

USMA has plenty of serious issues it needs to address, but I wouldn't say this is one of them. D-H-C wasn't included in the school's mission statement from 1802 to 1998 and yet it seemed to produce some decent leaders here and there over that time period.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote