Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 07-03-2011, 03:57   #16
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Finally

An actual SF officer made BG, finally the ODA's will be represnted by someone that knows what they (teams) are suppose to do and is competent.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:13   #17
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Really don't know the man,but from what I've read and what you guys have posted sounds like the SF got the right guy when they really need him..........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 19:01   #18
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Article from American Thinker

I have NO idea why this is dated July 16, 2008, but 10% of the BG selection is Impressive

SnT

Special Forces leaders being promoted
Rob Hains
American Thinker – July 16, 2008

Here are the president's nominees for Brigadier General. Please note that four out 40 (10%) of these are Special Forces officers, which is a much higher than normal proportion.

Army Col. Paul J. Lacamera for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving at U.S. Joint Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Army Col. Austin S. Miller for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy director for Special Operations, J-37, Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Edward M. Reeder Jr. for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as executive officer to the commander, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.

Army Col. Kenneth E. Tovo for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander, Special Operations Command Europe, U.S. European Command, Germany.

I would keep a close eye on Tovo. He was an outstanding 10th SFG(A) commander and will almost certainly be moving up to very near the top of the ladder in the future.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...being_p_1.html

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 18:09   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

What do those four have in common?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 22:08   #20
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post

TR
My google-fu is weak today.

GEN LaCamera appears to be a Ranger, not SF, based on the bio I found.

Last edited by Roguish Lawyer; 07-05-2011 at 22:28.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 18:57   #21
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post

TR
Inquiring minds want to know!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote