Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 05-17-2011, 12:13   #76
head
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC Donnell View Post
Sirs

After reading this thread I started to think about it, after a year in Iraq, I do not believe that I saw a single Green Beanie in that year. We, (us CF Pukes) ended up training and equipping the ICDC ourselves. Should that not have been a SF mission?

Come to think of it I have not seen not heard anything about the SF since the liberation of Afghanistan in 2001. Does the US still have a SF? I am not being a smartass, the SF seems to have dropped off the radar screen.

What was direly predicted several years ago, the end of the SF, has this happened? I just assumed that the SF were just keeping a low profile and that was why I had heard so little. So what is the current situation?

Robert
You can find several examples of our recent successes and failures in Iraq and Afghanistan and beyond throughout this forum and the rest of the internet.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:24   #77
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
...after a year in Iraq, I do not believe that I saw a single Green Beanie in that year.
Didn't see any of these out there, huh?

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc...2g-m4&aql=&oq=

I would've been tempted to wear one of these on ops just to give the Taliban bad dreams.

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GreenBeanie.jpg (58.7 KB, 36 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:43   #78
olhamada
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Didn't see any of these out there, huh?

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc...2g-m4&aql=&oq=

Richard
Richard, you are on a roll today!! (I wish you guys had a LOLROTF emtiocon).
"And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom?"- Braveheart

de Oppresso Liber
olhamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 13:02   #79
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Sirs

After reading this thread I started to think about it, after a year in Iraq, I do not believe that I saw a single Green Beanie in that year. ...Robert
I think it's pronounced Green Beans...and I thought they were still in Iraq. I know they were in Afghanistan the last time I was there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg green beans.jpg (2.6 KB, 166 views)
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 13:04   #80
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

...and another thing...what's with you reviving long since dormant threads? I think you're now like 3 for 3 or 4 for 4...I'm giving credit for the intro thread.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 13:43   #81
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Sirs

After reading this thread I started to think about it, after a year in Iraq, I do not believe that I saw a single Green Beanie in that year. We, (us CF Pukes) ended up training and equipping the ICDC ourselves. Should that not have been a SF mission?

Come to think of it I have not seen not heard anything about the SF since the liberation of Afghanistan in 2001. Does the US still have a SF? I am not being a smartass, the SF seems to have dropped off the radar screen.

What was direly predicted several years ago, the end of the SF, has this happened? I just assumed that the SF were just keeping a low profile and that was why I had heard so little. So what is the current situation?

Robert
Everybody's doin' black ops, now. The SEALS get the CNN shit.
Old 05-17-2011, 14:06   #82
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Sirs

Robert

Like HEAD said.. Look around; SF is everywhere in the News. You just don't look closely enough I think. As the way I look at it, I don't want to be in the news. Don't tell of what I'm (we) doing in this shit hole or that place. We deploy and train people to hunt the enemy for us. To kick in those doors for their news not for CNN or FOX News.

SF has been doing a lot in Iraq you just don't know of it. Iraqi Conventional Force are the boy Scouts in most military thinking groups. Speed bumps for other to jump over.

You need to search more (top right) on PS.com and lurk around reading more.

You can go here.. http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...splay.php?f=38

or here.. http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...splay.php?f=42

or read an area study before you deploy. Believe us it helps out knowing what your getting into.

Thanks for join and looking around.

Start here.... http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...play.php?f=106

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 14:13   #83
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORMAL550GIRL View Post
Personally, Richard, I prefer...

If anyone can get Dusty in that and take a pic, I would pay big money....or double triple stuffed oreos!
I'm in.
Old 05-17-2011, 16:01   #84
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORMAL550GIRL View Post
If anyone can get Dusty in that and take a pic, I would pay big money....or double triple stuffed oreos!
Dusty wants to know where you found his 'green beanie'...and he wants it back ASAP!

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Old 05-17-2011, 17:27   #85
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Sirs

Robert
If your not trying to be a smartass why these asinine statements?.........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 17:33   #86
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
If your not trying to be a smartass why these asinine statements?
Teddy,

It's obvious...

Quote:
Come to think of it I have not seen not heard anything about the SF since the liberation of Afghanistan in 2001.
PDRL for being blind and deaf.

Richard

Old 05-17-2011, 19:43   #87
SFC Donnell
Asset

Low profile....

Gentlemen

Thank all of you for the answers.

I am going to have to call you guys out on the term Treadhead which I see on this site from time to time, we prefer: "Dumb Ass Tanker" or "DAT" for short, thank you. We are not actually dumb asses just hard of hearing and myopic. Outside my area of expertise, I don't know much, just asking.

As for not seeing the SF, I went from seeing the 10th Group every day at Ft. Devens to not hearing a peep for years. For example LANG's 225th Engineers served well and honorably in Desert Storm only to be all but disbanded after the war, likewise the 2-63AR was disbanded after a very successful tour of duty in Iraq. The Army does have a way of doing rather silly things. After reading this thread, I began to wonder if the dire predictions were coming true.

The fact that I had not heard much lately is in fact a testament to these men. Now I understand the term: "Quiet Professional."

Robert
SFC Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 21:35   #88
wet dog

Quote:
...I have not seen not heard anything about the SF since.....
"Quiet" and "Professional".

Have a very "SF" day.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:50   #89
Ironmike
Asset

Late 60's and early 70's

In the late 60's and 70's the Armed Forces as a whole lost favor with many in this country. S.F. was sort of looked on by the standard military in a un savory way (jealously). We didn't have a quartermaster at that time. We had no trucks or motor pool. All of that changed as S.F was reabsorbed into the main military establishment. Money for school was short; money to get trainings was short. When members came back from a school, they would cross train the ones needing training. Detachments from active S.F. would train the Guard. At that time a Full Flash said you were S.F. qualified. There were many correspondences courses to take when you could not get active training. A good many our people had made one or more tours in Southeast Asia. We were trained by these folks. Many did not have a full flash just because the money was not there. With Iraq and Afghanistan cooling off looks for the money to stop flowing. The money may not have been there but we received world class training anyway. S.F. will always have the best resources. The S.F. Troopers.
Ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 16:40   #90
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Things wax.
Things wane.
It has always been thus, Grasshopper.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote