Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 07-17-2016, 23:16   #2161
NotActuallyHard
Asset

Appreciate the members here as a resource for info

I am 35 years old at the time of this post and I have four children. Perhaps in the future I will have fewer children as two of them are teenagers and I can not guarantee their continued survival because of the stupid things they do, but it is highly unlikely that I will have more.

I practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I train with my firearms as often as time and ammo budget permits. I work on a vineyard and I manage the finances of said vineyard.

I am not here to ask questions about workouts or weapons, SFAS or SFQC.

I am writing a novel that does NOT focus mainly on Special Forces or even the military for that matter, but I refuse to make up a bunch of bullcrap and pass it off as genuine.

I want authenticity and plausibility.

Anything less, I believe would be disrespectful and I further refuse to produce a product that isn't of the highest possible quality.

I will gladly appreciate any helpful information pertaining to the questions I will ask.

Know that I have come here to this forum as a last resort, as I have been unable to find the information I am seeking by searching the internet.
NotActuallyHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:57   #2162
FO39
Asset

Introduction

Gents,
Prior service 13F with 8 years active. Got bored and frustrated with the big Army and left to complete my degree, to which I am still working towards. As I get closer to my thirties I have fully realized what my "dream job" is. Am doing everything in my power to make that a reality.

The road will be long and arduous. I have started my training program and am in contact with a recruiter. With the decline of our nation and the world, it is my duty to fully commit myself to be among the best.

FO39

"Fortune favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
FO39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:53   #2163
RickH
Asset

Introduction

I am an active duty sergeant currently at DLI. I've been in the Army for six years now and I've researched and educated myself on Special Forces since I enlisted. Previously when I was scheduled for SFAS I tore my rotator cuff which prevented me from attending two years ago. Now, recovering from a back injury, my sights are back on SF following graduation from this course.
RickH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 23:42   #2164
dasczuk
Asset

Introduction

Hello, I am a 22 year old in the process of hopefully obtaining an 18X contract (awaiting a GED waiver.) I have been lurking a few months before making my profile/ posting my introduction. I'm here to learn all I can of the process of preparing myself. Only questions I'll have will be related to my family situation, I'll be married before my ship out date.
dasczuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 17:00   #2165
Rosinbagger
Asset

Introduction

Hello,
I am 23 and am finishing my degree in December. I am an 18x DEP and I am here for all the knowledge and guidance I can get until I ship.
Rosinbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:38   #2166
phillamb168
Asset

Greetings,

I'm Phil and I live in Raleigh, recently moved here from Paris. Married with kids, and looking to enlist in NC-ARNG and hopefully trying out for SFRE once they start doing it again.

When I was a young kid, until 14 or so, the only thing I wanted to do when I grew up was to be in the military. I had set my sights on the Air Force Academy and was a member of the Civil Air Patrol working on my private pilot's license. Then my mother died suddenly and my life went into a tail spin. Ten years after that I met my wife, and finally started crawling out of the wreckage. Now we've got four kids and I again have felt the call to service, although with those kids and a mortgage I can't drop my career and go AD. So I chose the National Guard, specifically North Carolina, because they've got the 20th SFG(A). My goal for the next six months to a year is to learn everything I can about SF, and to prepare myself mentally and physically, even if I won't be REP-63.

I have already reached out to someone in NCNG SF via the NGSF website, and he's been super helpful. I don't know if I'm supposed to use real names here, but he's an 18Z MSG in the 20th SFG.
phillamb168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:16   #2167
Rucksman
Asset

Intro

All,

By way of introduction, I am a 28 year old who has recently attended a National Guard SFRE and been selected for a REP-63 contract (with an 18D preference).

I grew up OCONUS, mostly in Europe and SE Asia, which initially sparked my love of intercultural-communication, and learning and teaching languages. This is essentially what draws me to SF; the idea of a Warrior-Diplomat. It's an ideal place for me to continue pursuing these passions of mine, to further US interests around the world, and to earn the opportunity to learn and experience things that only a very select few are ever afforded.

I hold a BA in International Relations and Spanish, with an undeclared minor in Arabic and Islamic Studies. I speak three European languages fluently, am conversational in Arabic (including reading and writing, having lived and studied in the region for a time), and Italian, as well.

I probably won't ask too many questions at this point, as I'm sure the majority of info I need has already been posted on the site. Once I move through Basic and Airborne and get to SOPC and Selection (and then the Q), I'm sure I'll have some specific, detailed questions to put to the guys who have been through before me.

Thanks very much,
Rucksman
Rucksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 19:14   #2168
HJ31
Asset

HJ31 Intro

PS community,

I have been lurking on this site since April and I enjoy checking it everyday and learning about anything/everything SF and life related. I am a 24 year old graduate student Cadet highly interested in joining SF. I appreciate the willingness of all who post to share their invaluable experiences and knowledge. Thank you for having me.

Have a great day,
HJ31
HJ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 19:27   #2169
Jonny Utah
Asset

Intro

Greetings,

Been reading through the forums for quite some time now and finally decided to create a profile.

Currently a NG Infantry 1LT in CA and planning on attending the next SFRE this fall. My hope is to connect with an 18A and learn more about life as a detachment commander on the NG side and figure out what else I should be doing to increase my chances.

-Jonny U
Jonny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:27   #2170
Gym_Rat
Asset

Hello all,
I'm James/Jimmy I'm a 42A/91D in the Army Reserves and I'm currently waiting on my DA Form 368 to be approved. I went to Fort Leonardwood for basic training back in sept 2011 and then to Fort Lee for AIT in Nov 2011. My first interest with Special Forces began a few years ago when I was at the range with my unit after talking with a couple of the soldiers, last year I picked up Get Selected and watched the episode of Surviving the Cut on SFAS. Currently the MOSs I'm interested in are 18B, 18C and 18D. My short term goal is to get my DA Form 368 approved and attend the EMT course at my community college and my long term goal is to be tabbed and in a Special Forces unit by my 29th birthday.
Gym_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 13:27   #2171
BishopRealTalk
Asset

Intro

All,

I am currently working towards obtaining an 18x contract. I have served in the Georgia Army National Guard for five years and I am currently waiting on my conditional release in order to pursue a career as an 18 series. I have served in an Infantry scout platoon almost my entire military career and recently was moved to the Sniper section (not B4 qualified yet). I have studied "Get Selected" religiously and I attend a crossfit gym daily that is owned by my PSG. I firmly believe that my calling in life is to be the best soldier I can be and I am going to pursue that calling with everything I have.
BishopRealTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:03   #2172
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Welcome all to PS.com.

For those that have the want to excel, here are a few hints:

1)use your google-foo and hunt for your answers, both here on and the web.
2)Find "A Message to Garcia" read and read, it's all about YOU..
3)ask questions sparingly, there are no "new and improved" questions. Someone has already answered it. Just remember that color, date, temperature, and altitude are universal variables and don't alter the answer.
4)Did I tell you to find and use the SEARCH button??

Be advised, There are several titles you can earn while here. At the top of the list are those with Quiet Professional. They are vetted BTDT Special Forces qualified members..

At the bottom are those with FTFSI,, Don't be Carl and WIN the FTFSI moniker..

Additionally, There are several members, like myself, I will warm you of. We tend to be old, crotchety, cantankerous, and short tempered curmudgeons. You can tell by the posting count and our blunt answers. Deal with it,, we are not your 25 yd target, but you will be well advised to use your SA, when and if one of us talks in your direction..

Enjoy, keep your eyes on the target, never give up...
I wish you luck on your endeavors..

Wars come and go,, Blood doesn't change..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1422551_10200408463447803_237305426_n.jpg (115.0 KB, 63 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 08-16-2016 at 22:46.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:15   #2173
andreas
Asset

Introduction

I am a 19 year old who recently graduated high school. Donning the Green Beret has always been the main goal through thick and through thin throughout my life, especially since my Grand Father told me stories of his experiences in Vietnam growing up. I am a helluva athlete and would have gone Division One for football had i not have torn my labrum junior year (I have gone about talking to the military Doctor and I am recovered enough that a waiver isn't needed), and I wish to study Philosophy here and abroad someday. I am joining this website because the men who have worn the green beret in the past and those who are still wearing it are my heroes and they have a seemingly infinite supply of knowledge that I would love to acquire. I have scored a nearly perfect APFT and got a 95 on my asvab. Currently debating whether I want to workout and truly push myself for 10 more months and enlist with an 18x contract (thinking of hoofing it down the coast with a couple bucks and my balls and transforming myself from a kid to a real man through the hardships I will face) or just pick whatever MOS will be the most efficient for a path to SF and enlist right now. Any information is good information. Cheers

Last edited by andreas; 08-17-2016 at 01:18.
andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:03   #2174
Svt_reid
Asset

Introduction

My name is Reid and I'm a 23 year old with no prior service. I live in northern Florida and I'm obsessed with serving the 20th.
Svt_reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 19:01   #2175
BigSniez
Asset

I'm currently a LTJG in the Navy, stationed in Pearl Harbor. I'm interested in all things fitness. I found this site through a Google search for "CDQC prep", because I am attending a similar Navy run school.

I'm 99% sure I will never post, but just wanted to follow the rules and leave this intro.
BigSniez is offline   Reply With Quote