Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-20-2017, 17:24   #31
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
My intent was not meant as derogatory. He asked a simple question of there should be a process in place. What he fails to realize is even though this guy is allegedly a nice guy (I think there is more than what he knows about) the fact is he violated the law knowingly. Our justice system is clogged and broken for many reasons one being everyone in it has some excuse for their actions and do not want to be held accountable. We as a society allowed their manipulative behavior and excuses to making us believe this guy needs a system to get him out of a situation he got himself into. To be blunt that is a load of crap and people need to be held accountable for their decisions. Remember HE is the one that made the decision not to show up and do what he has been doing for 17 YEARS. No extenuation of circumstances not legit reason other than he just did not go. Since he knowingly violated the law why is it now the governments and US citizens problem that he will be deported and his family left behind? He should og thought about that BEFORE he made the decision not to go. It is HIS fault and his alone that the family is in a bad situation. Tough shit.

Now if things were different. Lets say his kid was in a terrible accident and his choice was to see his critically injured kid or make his appointment. That would be a different story. Since it is not a situation like that screw him, he made dumb ass decision that created the problem now deal with it.

BTW I still contend that there is more to the story than we on the board know about and probably even his wife. I don't buy the story after 17 years of being a productive member of society and keeping up on his visa status he just decides not to go this time. ICE shows up on his door step a couple weeks after he does not show up? Why him if he is such a good guy? I am throwing the bullshit flag on this one. When I call BS I mean that on his part not on the part of anyone on this board or his wife. I believe both have been duped buy his BS story and manipulated the people in his life. Like I said, think logically not emotionally about the situation.

Going back to my statement. We have a process for people like him. It is simple. Follow the rules and you can stay. If you do not follow the rules you get kicked out of the country. This man is not special and other countries would not allow him one of us to stay on their soil if we did someting similar .

Okay. Good to know your opinion on the subject. sir.

Holly

Last edited by echoes; 03-20-2017 at 17:30.
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:53   #32
Penn
Area Commander

To be clear, nothing stated here, imo,were disparagingly personal, passionate and angry for the continuing and unresolved problem, yes.
Yet, what does bother me is the inflexibility/unwillingness to locate a possible compromise, that behavior appears an antithesis to the fundamental principles of SF.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:39   #33
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

If Congress wanted to reduce the flow illegal aliens they would end birth right citizenship for the the children of tourist and illegal aliens.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:06   #34
Box
Quiet Professional

If the hypocrites that write laws made law enforcement arrest, charge, and sentence those who hire and support illegal aliens, half of our fucking elected officials in DC would suddenly be without house keepers, groundskeepers, drivers, and handymen, handywomyn, handypersonofnospecifcgender.

The prisons are already overcrowded and full of vermin.
Why would we make it worse by putting politicians in jail?

For fuck sake - having American politicians in jail with American prisoners?
...that's WAY worse punishment than having Joe Arpaio making you wear pink jump suits while living in a GPO medium and eating bologna sandwiches.
For chistsakes, if a guy murders someone, put him in prison or execute him but don't make him share space with a politician.

Even criminals deserve better than our politicians.

On a more related note...
I prefer to hold to my typical immature sarcastic opinion on matters such as immigration. Mathematically, illegal = illegal.
Two anchor babies and a belly full of good intentions doesn't make illegal=legal
If you lived here for 17 years on the weight of your work permit and a couple of anchor babies but decided that US citizenship wasn't needed, then fuck you AND your anchor babies.
Again, I'd like to apologize for being sarcastic and immature, but that would go against the rule of maturity and sarcasm.
Fuck that guy AND his progeny.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 03-21-2017 at 09:14.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:22   #35
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post

On a more related note...
I prefer to hold to my typical immature sarcastic opinion on matters such as immigration. Mathematically, illegal = illegal.
Two anchor babies and a belly full of good intentions doesn't make illegal=legal
If you lived here for 17 years on the weight of your work permit and a couple of anchor babies but decided that US citizenship wasn't needed, then fuck you AND your anchor babies.
Again, I'd like to apologize for being sarcastic and immature, but that would go against the rule of maturity and sarcasm.
Fuck that guy AND his progeny.
LOL....And That's The Rest of The Story.......I cannot continue to work now, I can't stop laughing... ....I need to walk down the hallway....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 03-21-2017 at 09:32.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:24   #36
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
To be clear, nothing stated here, imo,were disparagingly personal, passionate and angry for the continuing and unresolved problem, yes.
Yet, what does bother me is the inflexibility/unwillingness to locate a possible compromise, that behavior appears an antithesis to the fundamental principles of SF.
It's not an inflexibility or unwillingness to find a solution or compromise. Our entire principal is to "Free the Oppressed" within the borders of their own country. Sometimes (rarely) that requires relocating them - even to - American soil. We have fought wars in far away Central American countries to change the political and economic situations that create the need for a population to migrate elsewhere.

Voting with your feet is a poor option to fixing internal issues like corruption and banana republics. Change starts at home.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:19   #37
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Voting with your feet is a poor option to fixing internal issues like corruption and banana republics. Change starts at home.
Only because we make it a viable alternative to regime change.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:42   #38
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Unrestricted immigration is letting the barbarian hordes invade. No culture has ever survived the experience intact. All of them (that I'm aware of) suffered a precipitous decline in QOL that lasted generations (centuries).

Reminds me of Yankees and Leftists shitting in their nests then fleeing NE/the Left Coast for someplace that hasn't been ruined with "Progressive Ideals" and bringing their politics with them - so they can repeat the cycle ad nauseam until the entire country is remade in their image and there's no place else for the rest of us to go.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:57   #39
Penn
Area Commander

Billy L-bach, now that was great, can't wait to step on Johnson again and be rewarded with such humor.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 15:34   #40
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Reminds me of Yankees and Leftists shitting in their nests then fleeing NE/the Left Coast for someplace that hasn't been ruined with "Progressive Ideals" and bringing their politics with them - so they can repeat the cycle ad nauseam until the entire country is remade in their image and there's no place else for the rest of us to go.
The referenced Yankees and Leftists are currently flocking to Texas with their liberal ways and votes.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote