Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 03-23-2012, 00:40   #1
18C/GS 0602
Quiet Professional

Thumbs down Ops Core Customer Service

I ordered a pair of replacement rails for my ops core helmet in January. I spoke with the representative over phone and told him I would be deploying in a few weeks and he assured me that I would get the rails before the deployment.

Fast forward 2 months and dispite several phone calls and emails I don't have any rails and I have been told they have "no idea" when I will get them.

This has been the worst customer service of any tactical gear manufacture I have dealt with and it has been really disappointing their support of deploying service members. Most company's I have ordered stuff from will bend over backwards trying to help deployed service members.

I would think twice before ordering any gear from them.
18C/GS 0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:09   #2
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

The City of Boston and the fucking Hippies have had then shut down for a while. Most employees are collecting unemployment and they have not been allowed to conduct any business. I think they should tell Boston to piss up a rope and move to Texas.

http://www.thebostonchannel.co...l.html#ixzz1oCd2LiNm

BOSTON -- A unique property dispute in South Boston is putting U.S. armed forces at risk and costing taxpayers money, according to the owner of a company trying to open up shop, but he told Newscenter 5's Michele McPhee that the city won't let him.
David Rogers, the owner of Ops-Core, has been operating out of the Midway Building, a loft building where artists who receive city subsidies from the Boston Redevelopment Authority, can live and work.
The basement was idle for years until Ops-Core, which specializes in protective helmets, moved in. The company produces helmets for special forces and police SWAT teams.
Other residents, upset about noise and chemical exposure, complained, calling Rogers a "warmonger," and the city issued a temporary stop work order against Rogers.
Rogers fired off an email to his neighbors saying, "Some use art as an excuse to justify and rationalize their pathetic existence while mooching from others to sustain a living."
He apologized for making the comments, but said while his company is shut down, there are wider repercussions.
"Right now, we're out of work. It means that soldiers and policemen are not getting the protective equipment they need," said Rogers.
Inspectors did not find problems with chemical storage or excess paint, a representative said, but on Monday 80 Ops-Core employees will start collecting unemployment until the city decides whether the business is appropriate in the residential neighborhood.
Oldrotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30   #3
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C/GS 0602 View Post
I ordered a pair of replacement rails for my ops core helmet in January. I spoke with the representative over phone and told him I would be deploying in a few weeks and he assured me that I would get the rails before the deployment.

Fast forward 2 months and dispite several phone calls and emails I don't have any rails and I have been told they have "no idea" when I will get them.

This has been the worst customer service of any tactical gear manufacture I have dealt with and it has been really disappointing their support of deploying service members. Most company's I have ordered stuff from will bend over backwards trying to help deployed service members.

hmm,
Our SR 18B is having the same issue, he ordered rails and a O2 strap a month ago and nothing. On a side bar, tactical santa has helped me out tremendously for our AA rotation.

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 03-23-2012 at 12:21. Reason: Fixed Quote
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:46   #4
Prester John
Quiet Professional

Just to temper this, I've always had great service from Ops Core. To the point where I met Viktoria a couple times at various trade shows, and every time I order something from them and try to pay, she refunds my money and sends a note chastising me for trying to pay. I think their current demand and property issues might be causing them some trouble. If you call and ask for Viktoria, I am willing to bet she will go out of her way to help.
Prester John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:19   #5
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C/GS 0602 View Post

I feel you man, I have been waiting for 12 bump helmets for airborne OPS and mobility operations for 2 months now. I was told that they would be shipped in 2 weeks when I ordered them.

I understand that they are having issues with their facility, however it would have been nice to get some updates and be given a heads up versus having to keep calling them over and over again.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 14:05   #6
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

"Other residents, upset about noise and chemical exposure,"

Really? How the hell do you make good art without noise or chemical exposure?
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 21:06   #7
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

I believe they were recently bought. Sometimes the actual merger transition process required to achieve new synergies is not as seamless as the powerpoint slides would suggest.

LHC
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02   #8
Capt_G
Asset

Please remember that they are also currently delivering helmets to SF Command.
Capt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:49   #9
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last hard class View Post
I believe they were recently bought. Sometimes the actual merger transition process required to achieve new synergies is not as seamless as the powerpoint slides would suggest.

LHC
That is correct, they were bought out by Gentex, who are notorious for long and protracted delivery times as well as poor customer service. Many people are crossing their fingers hoping this doesn't bleed over to Ops Core. There is also concern that the innovative side of OpsCore might be crushed and or stifled by Gentex.
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote