Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Old 08-27-2016, 17:09   #1
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Kaepernick sits thru national anthem

49'ers choke artist Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the national anthem at the beginning of their preseason game against the Green Bay Packers last night. Here's why:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

http://bit.ly/2bWAZ4v

Kaepernick has no freaking idea what oppression really is. He should also remember that freedom of expression cuts both ways.
Old 08-27-2016, 17:21   #2
Penn
Area Commander

F him and the NFL

NFL POLICY
NFL: Players are encouraged but not required to stand for national anthem

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tional-anthem/
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 17:27   #3
Sohei
Area Commander

He is a fine example of what the following quote means:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt."

Just another clown who I no longer have any use for -- not that I ever did to begin with.

Him -- and the NFL -- can disappear for all I care!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:22   #4
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

This is rich coming from a multi-million dollar player. Americans certainly don' have to watch the 49ers play and if they had any sense, they wouldn't.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:50   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
This is rich coming from a multi-million dollar player.
"Kaepernick, who is biracial, was adopted and raised by white parents and siblings."

Is this a great country or what?

ETA: He can do what he wants & is of no real consequence to the movements of the Earth. Perhaps when he visits Chicago he could work on all the violence being visited on people of color... by other people of color.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 08-28-2016 at 06:01.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:27   #6
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

What a turd. This morning the news is trying to mitigate the bad news about it and make it into a positive act.

WTF. I am so tired of the media and turds like him.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:32   #7
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
What a turd. This morning the news is trying to mitigate the bad news about it and make it into a positive act.

WTF. I am so tired of the media and turds like him.
They have all drank from the deep well of PC'ism. They drank it to the last dregs.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:23   #8
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
I was thinking the same thing as many of the posts above, just who where the people in Colon's life that helped him out and forwarded his future enabling him to rise to the point of quarterbacking a Super Bowl ? Those same people who facilitated his earnings?

Colon interviewed with the Broncos and others this last year and was rejected by those teams.. his current stats are not good...the intangibles obviously weren't there either....just another as$ hat flailing in the wind as I suspect his earnings will be too.

Wonder what number 85, LA Rams Jack Youngblood thinks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack Youngblood, Getty Images, Riger.jpg (101.3 KB, 35 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 08-28-2016 at 14:30.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:31   #9
tonyz
Area Commander

Kaepernick sits thru national anthem...he can sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

A privileged prick who hasn't the sense to realize it - oppressed indeed.

I like the idea expressed above about him working on the ground in Chiraq to stop the near daily murders - that would deserve some airtime - badmouthing the nation that provides him the very opportunities which he enjoys...not so much.

His misplaced symbolic act makes him feel like he has actually done something...all he has really accomplished is to express disrespect to a nation...while he sits on his ass...sad really.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:45   #10
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

So how much is he donating to charity? How many hours of volunteer work has he racked up? Sitting on your ass with your lower lip sticking out and your chin raised isn't really quite the same.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:18   #11
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

He wore a Malcolm X hat and shirt to the post game interview so it seems that he is having an identity crisis and is trying to come to terms with his bi-racial identity.

All this talk of diversity and shit is causing more division and problems. People are diversifying themselves into self segregation.

For every person like Colin that is troubled by their origins, I think of the Ancestry.com commercial in which the actor describes that he grew up thinking he was German and participated in all the German culture activities. Then he found out he was actually Scottish and had to sell his lederhosen....

Just roll on...some people just have to have a hard time being themselves.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:09   #12
Sohei
Area Commander

Everybody wants to be a victim today. Everyone wants to have a cause because they can't get by with who they are.

Victims are pitied and can do and say what they want with impunity because it a victim is questioned, then you are accused of victim bashing.

Poor little Colin...such a horrible life he as lead.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:40   #13
bblhead672
Area Commander

I argued with a liberal relative of mine over the confederate flag being deemed "racist" that the next step in the agenda would be the American flag. She said I was being ridiculous.
I was off somewhat as the Gadsden flag was attacked first, but standby as the race baiters go after the American flag. After all, it has flown over this "racist" country from its earliest days of founding by a bunch of racist white guys.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:47   #14
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:
This morning the news is trying to mitigate the bad news about it and make it into a positive act.
And how many younger people who look up to professional athletes as role models are going to want to emulate him?

Last edited by mojaveman; 08-29-2016 at 17:54.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:02   #15
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
All this talk of diversity and shit is causing more division and problems. People are diversifying themselves into self segregation.
I tend to agree. Mr. Kaepernick is just a higher profile symptom of our policy and leadership problems (failure) - divided Americans encouraged to further divide into more and more groups fighting and bickering among ourselves...and the media fans the flames.

If that's not bad enough...import more non-assimilating cultures and more poverty.

Division is a Molotov cocktail recipe for disaster.

Let's hope we (and political leadership at all levels) can generate more respect for our nation and its symbols soon before it's too late. We as a nation are not magically immune from the problems of division.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote