Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-13-2013, 07:04   #391
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

The libs won't have complete control until the means to resist has been taken away from the general populace. They don't care about saving any kids, it's a device. They go by FM 13666, Alinsky's Rules.

If they cared about kids getting killed, they'd implement existing legislation in meccas like Chicago, where rules aren't enforced, but guns are "nonexistant".

Seriously, it's beyond me how anybody could fail to see the hypocrisy, and not understand that any and all restrictive legislation has absolutely zero effect on a criminal, including the Newtown psycho, who wants to get a gun and commit mayhem.

Take the guns away from everybody, to include criminals, and they'll use exacto knives, poison, whatever-but we as a "free" people won't be able to resist a tyrannical government-the ultimate goal of libs.

Last edited by Dusty; 04-16-2013 at 19:39.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:56   #392
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post

...How do we slow this down?
Dozer this is to answer the question and NOT addressed to you personally.

1. Enforce the laws currently on the books.
- If a LEA doesn't enforce the laws, ALL federal funding will cease. This includes funding to the federal LEAs as well.
2. Ensure that the mental health protocols are followed.
- The treating physicians report their concerns to the appropriate authorities and those authorities are responsible (within the due process parameters of the Constitution). If the competent authorities fail to do their job, all federal funding will cease.
3. If measures 1 and 2 fail to entice those charged above to execute their responsibilities, those same will reimburse all federal funding received by the same to the peoples of the Republic.

Layman's terms: Do your f#*@ing job.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32   #393
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Dozer this is to answer the question and NOT addressed to you personally.

2. Ensure that the mental health protocols are followed.
- The treating physicians report their concerns to the appropriate authorities and those authorities are responsible (within the due process parameters of the Constitution). If the competent authorities fail to do their job, all federal funding will cease.

They're in the process of attempting to change the protocol so that the physician can arbitrarily determine whether his patient should be reported as subject to guidelines which would prevent him from owning a gun. Another battle front in the lib's war on freedom.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:51   #394
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
They're in the process of attempting to change the protocol so that the physician can arbitrarily determine whether his patient should be reported as subject to guidelines which would prevent him from owning a gun. Another battle front in the lib's war on freedom.
That is why we must protect the Constitution. And that is why I stated "within the due process parameters of the Constitution."

That is why we must protect the Constitution. Yes, I know I said it before (it, the Constitution, deserves it, as do our founding fathers).
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:56   #395
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
That is why we must protect the Constitution. And that is why I stated "within the due process parameters of the Constitution."

That is why we must protect the Constitution. Yes, I know I said it before (it, the Constitution, deserves it, as do our founding fathers).
I'll never argue with that.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12   #396
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
http://www.assistNews.net/stories/2013/s13040069.htm

TR and Razor,
Here is an article on the incident, most of the questions raised are addressed, except obviously, why didn't he use another method. I'm not being a smart ass here when I say because with a gun he probably thought he had the most effective way to accomplish his task -- quick, painless, . . .
This is a tragedy. If not preventable, it shouldn't be as easy as it was.
But because its a gun, no preventative action is acceptable? Is the position that the current level and severity of gun violence an acceptable cost of doing business? I don't get that.

How do we slow this down?

I think if you listen to the people in the middle are asking, "how do we al least reduce the deliberate misuse of guns?" They really aren't talking about taking your gun? Honestly.

I believe that people with weapons with obliterated serial numbers should go to jail.

I think that people who ship guns directly to unlicensed buyers on the internet should be arrested.

I believe that both of those things are already illegal, and yet someone did it anyway. Someone who had probably already been arrested for crimes already. Likely repeatedly. The person who did this was probably out of jail between sentences.

I believe that people should not commit suicide. At the same time, those who want to will find a way, such as inmates in a facility where they have no access to weapons, still manage to kill themselves.

Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.

Punishing law-abiding gun owners, violating their Rights, or making them criminals is not going to bring any of those children back, no matter how many laws you pass, nor do they prevent the next crazed scumbag from using a gun, car, propane tanks, gasoline, poison, chlorine gas, ANFO, machete, baseball bat, dynamite, or box cutter to kill his victims. Or from committing suicide by any of the hundreds of ways that do not require firearms.

Diagnosing and treating (in some cases, yes, incarcerating) mental illness might, but that is not as popular as infringing on law-abiding citizen's Second Amendment rights.

So let's all bend over and take it in the shorts because we refuse to deal with the real problem. I am sure all of us military and former military remember how well mass punishment works.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41   #397
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

On one of the Sunday Morning Shows a couple of weeks ago, Wayne LaPierre rebutted comments made earlier by Mayor Bloomberg that were so astounding, they defied any argument!! Of the many points he made he pointedly chastised the media including those with whom he was speaking, why have they not thought to question why Chicago, with some of the most onerous Laws against Firearms, had the highest gun violence stats, but was dead last when it came to Prosecutions for Firearms Violations!! The Laws are out there, but the Liberal Governments won't enforce them, they'd rather spend their time trying to strip the rights from the Law Abiding!!

Later
Martin
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51   #398
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I believe
et all TR

I believe that "I believe" is a powerful statement.

Should a second Supporting The Second Letter (or series of letters) come to fruition, I believe it should focus around that .

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:10   #399
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

I've said it on this thread before. This isn't about protecting anyone or stopping future events. It is about power and control. You can't do what you were born to do if the masses can defend themselves from you.
Old 04-15-2013, 16:58   #400
Javadrinker
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I believe that people with weapons with obliterated serial numbers should go to jail.

I think that people who ship guns directly to unlicensed buyers on the internet should be arrested.

I believe that both of those things are already illegal, and yet someone did it anyway. Someone who had probably already been arrested for crimes already. Likely repeatedly. The person who did this was probably out of jail between sentences.

I believe that people should not commit suicide. At the same time, those who want to will find a way, such as inmates in a facility where they have no access to weapons, still manage to kill themselves.

Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.

Punishing law-abiding gun owners, violating their Rights, or making them criminals is not going to bring any of those children back, no matter how many laws you pass, nor do they prevent the next crazed scumbag from using a gun, car, propane tanks, gasoline, poison, chlorine gas, ANFO, machete, baseball bat, dynamite, or box cutter to kill his victims. Or from committing suicide by any of the hundreds of ways that do not require firearms.

Diagnosing and treating (in some cases, yes, incarcerating) mental illness might, but that is not as popular as infringing on law-abiding citizen's Second Amendment rights.

So let's all bend over and take it in the shorts because we refuse to deal with the real problem. I am sure all of us military and former military remember how well mass punishment works.

TR
Very well Sir, and thank you for it. It now looks like "they" are going for both and all without any due process(if some of the amendments get through)
Javadrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 18:40   #401
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Taste of it today in Montana

Today at the last minute was asked to pick up my son at the bus stop in rural Montana... 45mins later I get a call from the Transportation Safety Officer asking if I possibly had a firearm in my back pocket, I said yes it's my backup. He then said I shouldn't do that, my response was why and that I've had a permit for twenty years.

I told him I'd hide it but if le is called I'll call my attorney...

Pretty surprised this BS is happening here of all places..Pharisees
Old 04-15-2013, 19:32   #402
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
But because its a gun, no preventative action is acceptable? Is the position that the current level and severity of gun violence an acceptable cost of doing business? I don't get that.
No, I completely agree--the fact that the pastor's 27 year old, mentally handicapped son killed himself hours after interacting well with the pastor and his wife is a real tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine the grief and anguish and "if I only" self-interrogations those parents are experiencing right now.

My disagreement lies with the idea that by infringing even more on my Constitutionally-guaranteed rights, this adult would not have killed himself. I completely reject that idea, as there is no logical method to prove this as true. If the son had bought three cans of compressed air (completely legal, as he was over 18) and died from huffing, would his death then be acceptable? Would the federal government begin taking action to ban all aerosol products "for public safety"? I don't believe so.

As for the 'cost of doing business', we've gone 'round and 'round on this, but I stand by my previous points that there are many, many more causes of death (that aren't a Constitutionally-guaranteed right) of both youth and adults that we as a society accept for convenience. Why should gun violence be treated any differently, except that gun owners are a smaller group than the rest of US society, so its easier to blame them and restrict them than address the larger, more directly-attributable factors. Kids have committed suicide due to bullying on social media--I haven't seen anyone call for licensing and registration requirements to post on Facebook or to use Twitter. Go figure...
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41   #403
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Maryland's Second Amendment Nightmare

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/..._near_you.html

This is result of Maryland's SB 281 just passed the General Assembly.

Quote:
But what really might kill gun ownership in Maryland is the new training, fingerprinting, and licensing requirements for owners of regulated firearms. With the MSP already denying rightful gun owners their weapons for up to two months (or more), the newer regulations promise to bring the system to a grinding halt. Would-be pistol owners now will have to not only take an eight hour classroom training course, but actually hit the range to be certified and licensed. And since Maryland has relatively few shooting ranges, the likelihood of this process moving along in anything like an efficient and effective manner is nil.
I am a member of the IWLA in Frederick, Md. I know for a fact that our chapter Master Trainer and several others have and continue to train with NRA certs.
All of our trainers have taken the MSP course and are certified by the state now.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 14:03   #404
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Holy Crap

Got a call from the Under Sheriff today regarding previously posted incident to verify permit information. BTY: happen to respect him

In any event it's a new procedure due to nuts whom should be committed. He said he'd call the school so the bus doesn't speed by when I'm at the bus stop waiting for my son...
Old 04-16-2013, 14:14   #405
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by badshot View Post
Got a call from the Under Sheriff today regarding previously posted incident to verify permit information. BTY: happen to respect him

In any event it's a new procedure due to nuts whom should be committed. He said he'd call the school so the bus doesn't speed by when I'm at the bus stop waiting for my son...
Fear motivates sheeple. We're going to see a lot of this sort of fear and knee-jerk reaction for the next year or so. Fear also moves agendas, as a former advisor to the Teleprompter Reader once said, "Never waste a crisis". Between New Town and Boston were going to see a lot of polictics being played (at teh cost of Freedom).
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote