Old 06-08-2019, 07:59   #2521
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankcramer View Post
Greetings. I'm a retired support soldier who served in SF. My father was an original SF soldier, KIA in Vietnam. I look forward to learning some history and making connections.
Welcome aboard, Hank

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 23:18   #2522
kazh
BANNED USER

Active duty from 08-14. Non selected in October-nov 2011 class. 257. Oef oif 15Q
kazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 15:21   #2523
russn
Asset

Introduction

I graduated from SFTG in 1968.

Before that I spent three years majoring in electrical engineering and working offshore in the summers before dropping out and joining the Army. My father’s oilfield work moved us around a lot and along the way I’d learned to speak some Spanish.

I was recruited on graduation from basic at Ft. Polk, did 12B AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood followed by jump school at Benning and then SFTG as an 05B. I can still copy CW, though a lot more slowly than back then, and I still remember the GRC109 as well as how much that damned generator weighed in the field.

Then it was TDY to DLIEC at Ft. Myer where I improved my Spanish followed by assignment to the 8th Group at Gulick. Graduated from AFTSS there, along with the NCO Academy.

Looking back I have no idea why, but I volunteered for Nam and requested assignment to the 5th group. When I got to Bien Hoa the Army had other ideas. They assigned me to Co F, 75th Rangers as a LRRP team leader. Being smart people, the Rangers sent me to Recondo School in Nha Trang before they’d trust me with a team – a good thing.

After graduating from Recondo school I ran LRRP operations out of Cu Chi until ETS in 1970. I intended to go back to school when I got out, but college life looked like a bad fit so I went back to work offshore, another good thing.

When I came back to school a year later I had a better attitude and a very committed approach as well as a wife and the GI Bill. I worked part time while earning a BS in marketing and used the rest of the GI Bill to get my MBA.

I was a graduate assistant for a marketing professor while working on my masters, and the two of us started a Midwestern B to B ad agency & direct mail firm when I got out of school. Seventeen years later I sold out and returned to Louisiana where I started another ad agency, this time with a more industrial focus, and today I’m semi-retired, staying in decent shape for an old man and enjoying life.

I’m here to listen and learn about how much things have changed in the last 50 years, and to continue to be amazed at how much better trained, better equipped and more fit you all are than I was.

Thanks for reading this.

De Oppresso Liber
russn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 23:00   #2524
Sully2490
Asset

How’s it going gents? My name is Sean I am 21 years old, I have been on the website for a few years and haven’t logged in since 2017. I am currently on my second deployment and have been surrounded by some SF guys and they along with my squad leader going to SFAS in the fall have influenced me to look into going myself. I have 19 months left in the army and I am going to Ranger school in September then deploying again shortly after graduation. My intent is to re-enlist on deployment get the 6 month college deal, PRK and then eventually drop a packet for SFAS. I will school myself up with the multitude of information provided here.

Thanks,
Sean
RLTW <3>
Sully2490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:09   #2525
Afrikaner
Asset

Introduction

Hallo,

Appreciate your acceptance. Enlisted as an Infantryman in the TX ARNG and waiting to ship out. Came here to be quiet, learn and soak up as much information and wisdom possible.

Thanks
Afrikaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 13:30   #2526
ARGONAUT
Asset

Hello,

An 18Xray currently in airborne school excited to go to selection. I’m a fairly fit individual but I can always get better. I made an account before I left for OSUT and been browsing this site for a few months before that. I’m getting relatively close to game day and want to post some on the site.

Cheers
ARGONAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 13:13   #2527
drs885
Asset

Hello everyone,

I spent an enlistment in the National Guard as a 12N and worked my civilian job as a Law Enforcement Officer in Missouri. After my National Guard Contract ended I enlisted as an 18X in the Regular Army around Dec 2018.

I was selected in class 07-19 and am currently waiting to start the SFQC.

I have been lurking on this board for quite some time, thank you for this open source of valuable information.

Cheers /885
drs885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 15:31   #2528
crocteeth93
BANNED USER

Introduction

Hello,

I'm a 25 year-old master's student based in Boston seriously considering joining after I graduate. REP-63/18X or bust.

Hopeful about the perspectives and advice I'd get here
crocteeth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:02   #2529
Jerry4463
Asset

I've been on here for a while, however just recently finished the course and will be staying in NC as an 18B. I am unsure what the vetting requirements are but I can provide whatever is needed.

I am mostly just reading, but I am interested in any input for a ~250 round, 25 meter flat range, rifle and pistol POI focused on intermediate level shooters. I'll make a post in the Bravo Training thread with what I have so far.
Jerry4463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 23:04   #2530
Economist
Asset

Introduction

Z

Last edited by Economist; 01-20-2021 at 22:59. Reason: Opsec
Economist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:06   #2531
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Welcome to all the FNG's

A small learning moment:
These two quotes are the antithesis of what to do and not do while a guest in our house.

DRS885 has posted once in two years and is now awaiting a Q date.

crocteeth93 posted 6 times in his 1st week and is now BANNED

Quote:

drs885
Asset

Hello everyone,

I spent an enlistment in the National Guard as a 12N and worked my civilian job as a Law Enforcement Officer in Missouri. After my National Guard Contract ended I enlisted as an 18X in the Regular Army around Dec 2018.

I was selected in class 07-19 and am currently waiting to start the SFQC.

I have been lurking on this board for quite some time, thank you for this open source of valuable information.

Cheers /885
drs885 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Old 07-30-2019, 17:31 #2528

Quote:
crocteeth93
BANNED USER

Introduction
Hello,

I'm a 25 year-old master's student based in Boston seriously considering joining after I graduate. REP-63/18X or bust.

Hopeful about the perspectives and advice I'd get here
crocteeth93 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
My point??

Until such time as you have something worth saying, I would strongly suggest you spend a lot of time reading, searching and keeping YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

Hints:
  • Find the Reaper's post "A Message to Garcia" read it, then read it again
  • Use your google-foo and hunt for your answers, both here and on the web.
  • Ask questions sparingly, there are no "new and improved" questions. Someone has already answered it. Just remember that color, date, temperature, and altitude are universal variables and don't alter the answer.

Did I tell you to find and use the SEARCH button??

Be advised, There are several titles you can earn while here.
  • At the top of the list are those with Quiet Professional. They are vetted BTDT Special Forces qualified members..
  • At the bottom are those with FTFSI & BANNED,, Don't be Carl and WIN either of these monikers.

Additionally, learn the use of OPSEC and PERSEC. This site like most has search spiders running all the time. Yahoo, Google, and persons of dubious distinction are always happy to collect YOUR information.. Proper names, addresses, unit locations....

This is a protective warning, Nuff Said??

For those that strive to become a QP, congratulation and good luck.

For the families, Thank you for your support. Your loved ones will need 110%.

For those on AD, Reserve, & Guard here for an education, Thank you for your service..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 08-09-2019 at 06:09.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:57   #2532
SPC_Tibbs
Asset

Intro

Hello all,

I am a 24 year old recent college grad from VA. I majored in Intelligence Analysis and minored in Middle Eastern Communities and Migrations. I've been in the VA Guard for nearly 6 years as a 15T.

I have been a long time lurker and I'm finally getting around to posting because I ETS from the Guard in about a month and hope to obtain an 18X slot as soon as that time comes. I'd like to be able to share any useful info I pick up through the process to other 18X hopefuls, if appropriate and allowed.

Thanks to all who run and contribute to this forum, it has been a tremendously helpful resource.

Last edited by SPC_Tibbs; 08-18-2019 at 18:12.
SPC_Tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:50   #2533
glebo
Quiet Professional

As JJ stated, welcome FNG's and good luck with your endeavors.

And yeah, take heed of JJ_BPK's advice
Old 08-10-2019, 11:51   #2534
Ajh@25?
Asset

New Guy

Hello, my name is Alex. I'm a college student about to graduate in 20 or 21. I have wanted to be a soldier since age 8. Yet I didn't know what branch or job until I heard of Green Beret- US Army Special Forces. I don't come from a military family, my great grandfather fought in WWI, and my grandfathers served (Enlisted in last hours of WWII), they are the only member of the family who served. I heard this website from a book called Get Selected! for Special Forces: How to Successfully Train for and Complete Special Forces Assessment & Selection. I plan to go to officer candidate school and see I can get in 18x. My question is what the Green Berets job, is it remotely close to the movies Green Beret with John Wayne or The 12 Strong (I am aware they're movies, not a solid documentary). My second is what are officers to be expected is it more than leading your squad or platoon to battles? I would appreciate any response or critiques.
Ajh@25? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:21   #2535
SeeTeeGee
Asset

Introduction

Hey everyone! I've been a longtime lurker on this site and am just now getting around to posting this introduction.

I am a 20-year-old civilian. I earned my Associate's Degree back in the Fall of 2018 and have decided to put my education on hold in order to pursue a career in the Army Special Forces.

I am not yet sure whether I will enlist with an 18x contract or 11x. I know the Special Forces benefit from older and much more experienced men than I, so 11x seems like the right choice. However, I've also heard that if a career in Special Forces is definitely what I want, then why wait? It's something I will struggle with for a while, as I have A LOT of work to do on myself physically before I can even consider a career in the Regular Army.

I will continue to search on Google and this forum for any information that may help me answer the "am I too young and inexperienced for Special Forces?" question myself.

In the meantime, I'll go do PT.

Thanks for having me!
SeeTeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote